Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kansas’ postseason run was limited because of McCullar, and going out to Gonzaga right now felt about right. Tough end for them

Low major stars probably don’t like Timberlake, because high major coaches might be very wary of throwing NIL bags to them after this year. Had a few good performances but otherwise a miserable season

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The silver lining is they now think he may come back. Still a nice player. Some strength would help.

Timberlake is putting up bricks when his team is down 20+ and the other team stopped playing defense 5 minutes ago. Meh player that is getting paid like he is a star. I wouldn't be surprised to see Self launch him in the next week or two.

Reaction Score
To beat Gonzaga you need to get Ike in foul trouble and then have enough capable defenders to patrol the perimeter in a cerebral fashion. SMC did this to the letter in the WCC championship game. I think Gonzaga had only 2 threes in that game, due to no open looks.

Reaction Score
Kansas really worthy of that 4 seed……Committee strikes again

So Mr head of Committee, what was it about Kansas that made them deserving of a 4 seed?? Well if you look at their body of work over the last 25 years…..

With McCullar they are a solid team. Didn't follow closely enough prior, but was it a big surprise that he would be out for the tourney?

Reaction Score
Kansas really worthy of that 4 seed……Committee strikes again

So Mr head of Committee, what was it about Kansas that made them deserving of a 4 seed?? Well if you look at their body of work over the last 25 years…..
That is really funny. But it's also strikingly accurate

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, he was like the prettiest girl in Muncie Indiana trying to make her name in Hollywood
The prettiest girl in Muncie is probably a knockout. I’m not sure what the comparison is for Nick. Best golfer on a HS team in Braintree tees up at the US Open?

Reaction Score
The prettiest girl in Muncie is probably a knockout. I’m not sure what the comparison is for Nick. Best golfer on a HS team in Braintree tees up at the US Open?
My in laws live in the next town over and I haven't seen her yet.
Your golfer comparison is more apt because I'm sure there is at least one golfer in Braintree.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
With McCullar they are a solid team. Didn't follow closely enough prior, but was it a big surprise that he would be out for the tourney?
Even this summer I was saying here that they had no depth. Furphy came out of nowhere a bit, but with Morris kicked off the team and massive transfers out when they brought in Hunter, they had a great starting 5 and that’s it. Timberlake being ass ended any chance they had, even with McCullar.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Gonzaga is going to be a good matchup for Purdue. Purdue is better, but Gonzaga never goes cold, which makes them hard to blow out, and if the game is tight with 10 minutes left, Purdue could tighten up.

Reaction Score
I was in the car and heard Gonzaga was up 3 in 2nd half. Got home and turned the game on and Gonzaga was up 27.....

Reaction Score
Only if you weren’t paying attention. Like the committee

Reaction Score
Great second half for the Zags. Kansas showed the signs all year. Why the heck did they receive a #4 seed?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I was in the car and heard Gonzaga was up 3 in 2nd half. Got home and turned the game on and Gonzaga was up 27.....
Well I did kind of predict this a couple of pages back.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Coach's son in the game against Kansas. But at least they are a Blue Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom