Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Edey really gets a favorable whistle. Half the fouls he draws are just him initiating contact. Then has the nerve to whine about getting hooked at the other end.

Officially, dislike him and Purdue.

Reaction Score
Watching this Purdue suck fest really really sucks. why didn’t this game start at halftime of the Marquette game and why didn’t Duke start at halftime of this game? And so on and so forth so UConn isn’t playing at the same time as two other games.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Sampson isn’t really a big and he can play Edeys passing lanes, and on offense Clingan can play the top of the key drawing Edey out of the paint, again not ideal but an option. Got a ways to go let’s get to the sweet 16 tonight.
This is kinda incomprehensible. All Sampson is is a big. Thank goodness he doesn’t think he’s anything else, like this Osabor dude. Danny would nail him to the bench.

Reaction Score
Defensively no
The point you were responding to was about playing into their strengths on the offensive end. But that aside, Samson is absolutely a big defensively. He's not a very good post defender, but he’s a big. I’m thoroughly confused by the distinction you’re trying to make here.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Jeez…Osbaor just keeps proving me right. The fact that he hasn’t been benched is an indictment of his coach. Dude is out of control.

Reaction Score
The point you were responding to was about playing into their strengths on the offensive end. But that aside, Samson is absolutely a big defensively. He's not a very good post defender, but he’s a big. I’m thoroughly confused by the distinction you’re trying to make here.
That’s what I meant he’s a 4 playing 5 position. So the point I’m trying to make is if you go double bigs Clingan guards Edey obviously and Sampson would shadow getting into his passing lanes and cut off his vision. Offensively you have Clingan play the top of the key drawing Edey out of the paint and Johnson stays in paint for alley ooops.

Again not ideal but on the table. I’m not so hung ho on double bigs like others here but I’m no so quick with this new age think of double bigs not working.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Wow…expected Purdue to beat these guys, but not crush them like this.

Reaction Score
That’s what I meant he’s a 4 playing 5 position. So the point I’m trying to make is if you go double bigs Clingan guards Edey obviously and Sampson would shadow getting into his passing lanes and cut off his vision. Offensively you have Clingan play the top of the key drawing Edey out of the paint and Johnson stays in paint for alley ooops.

Again not ideal but on the table. I’m not so hung ho on double bigs like others here but I’m no so quick with this new age think of double bigs not working.
Purdue’s other forwards shoot 36% and 47% from 3. Samson as a second big would be glued to the weakside corner on defense. They wouldn’t let him anywhere near Edey.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Haven't watched the game, just turned it on - is Utah terrible? Purdue is good but this is a whoopin'.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Haven't watched the game, just turned it on - is Utah terrible? Purdue is good but this is a whoopin'.
Utah state bad. No size to counter Purdue..not just Edey. They can’t shoot either

Reaction Score
This is a a** whoopin
No joking. I left the TV at halftime to go do some of my office work. I am so glad I did. As another poster here said, Grambling, a #16 put up a better game than #9 seeded Utah State.

I am pulling for Gonzaga next game against Purdue.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Purdue hitting a lot of threes, but mostly totally uncontested. Hard to tell if they're this good when it looks like scrimmaging against an intramural team.

Reaction Score
Utah state bad.

They are actually a good team, normally...

But as Mike Tyson famously once said: "Everyone has a plan until you punch 'em in the mouth."

Purdue punched, and Utah State folded like a cheap tent in a hurricane. They can't even hold onto the ball when it is only blue shirts going for it. Really a pathetic display by Utah State.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
They are actually a good team, normally...

But as Mike Tyson famously once said: "Everyone has a plan until you punch 'em in the mouth."

Purdue punched, and Utah State folded like a cheap tent in a hurricane. They can't even hold onto the ball when it is only blue shirts going for it. Really a pathetic display by Utah State.
Not today. It’s the only time I’ve seen them so it’s a small sample.

Reaction Score
Danny Sprinkle took a tinkle in this game. This guy is a coach of the year candidate?

Maybe I am grossly overreacting, I don't know. But Utah State shouldn't be losing by 40 or whatever the deficit is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom