Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Danny Sprinkle took a tinkle in this game. This guy is a coach of the year candidate?

Maybe I am grossly overreacting, I don't know. But Utah State shouldn't be losing by 40 or whatever the deficit is.
He didn’t handle this well. It really seemed like there was no plan.

Reaction Score
No joking. I left the TV at halftime to go do some of my office work. I am so glad I did. As another poster here said, Grambling, a #16 put up a better game than #9 seeded Utah State.

I am pulling for Gonzaga next game against Purdue.

Why? As long as we win lets not take the easy finish ...give us Purdue

Reaction Score
No joking. I left the TV at halftime to go do some of my office work. I am so glad I did. As another poster here said, Grambling, a #16 put up a better game than #9 seeded Utah State.

I am pulling for Gonzaga next game against Purdue.
Utah State is an 8 seed.

Reaction Score
There's a reason I picked 3 1-seeds to the final four this year even though last year none made it.

Hopefully we look the same tonight.

Reaction Score
Yep, that was the game. Shot one free throw to that point and by the worst guy possible
They couldn’t afford to have him on the bench. They should have him far away from the ball though.

Reaction Score
Purdue hitting a lot of threes, but mostly totally uncontested. Hard to tell if they're this good when it looks like scrimmaging against an intramural team.
If you've seen Purdue elsewhere, you know they're good and deserve a 1 seed. They just aren't this good against most teams. They're playing well, Utah State matched up horribly with them and also is not playing well (credit Purdue).

Reaction Score
If we play Purdue, I don't think Hurley will want to make any drastic adjustments for Edey on defense. More or less technique adjustments to get him further from the basket in the half court and avoid fouling him. I would want a wrinkle or two to make him think even in transition just by getting guys in his way and maybe drawing a foul or two off the ball if he's not paying attention. Just kind of annoying random stuff when the opportunity presents itself. He is the issue. The rest of our matchups will be fine.

Reaction Score
Does Edey have fun and even enjoy playing the game? I don't think I've ever seen him smile... all business.

Reaction Score
Purdue is lame. We wouldn’t have shot on the last two possessions with this kind of lead.

I was just thinking the same thing. How lame to keep going at them. I said it last week and I will say it again. Painter is nowhere near as good as they say he is... and I look forward to proving it in the Championship game. He choked down the stretch last week against Wisconsin, and he will choke against us in a close game. Count on it.

Reaction Score
Watching this Purdue suck fest really really sucks. why didn’t this game start at halftime of the Marquette game and why didn’t Duke start at halftime of this game? And so on and so forth so UConn isn’t playing at the same time as two other games.

Because CBS bought the first two games and were granted an exclusive window to do it.

What's odd is they chose that snooze fest when I'm guessing half the viewers switched over to a movie, spring training or the LPGA or some other crap. They must've thought Utah State had a good chance of pulling the upset.

There's something wrong with the state of Denmark when the third game of a Sunday 8 game slate doesn't start until 5:15 eastern.

Reaction Score
CBS/Tourney executives all need to be shot for this scheduling.

Also, TNT for the final four? Why would it not be CBS? Is it a cable/streaming strong arm?

Reaction Score
Why? As long as we win lets not take the easy finish ...give us Purdue
It has nothing to do with fearing Purdue or anything like that. That potential match up is so far away and can only happen in the title game as UConn and Purdue are on the opposite sides of the bracket.

I just like Gonzaga and I don't really like Purdue. I do respect Purdue and their team, however, even after they lost to the #16 seeded Fairleigh Dickinson. Plus, Matt Painter handled that loss with class. He could have stormed off or yelled at reporters this year whenever they asked questions about that loss from last year, but instead he calmly answered every one of the questions.

Reaction Score
Also, TNT for the final four? Why would it not be CBS? Is it a cable/streaming strong arm?
I think the CBS-TNT partnership stipulates that it rotates every year if I recall correctly.

Reaction Score
Because CBS bought the first two games and were granted an exclusive window to do it.

What's odd is they chose that snooze fest when I'm guessing half the viewers switched over to a movie, spring training or the LPGA or some other crap. They must've thought Utah State had a good chance of pulling the upset.

There's something wrong with the state of Denmark when the third game of a Sunday 8 game slate doesn't start until 5:15 eastern.
I switched to an episode of Manhunt on Apple at the half....good show

Reaction Score
Kenny Smith still living back in 2005 or something. "The winner of the ACC is typically a 1 or 2 seed, so NC State is playing like a 1 or 2.

Yeah, ok silly. UVA finished 3rd in the great ACC and was utterly humiliated in a play-in game.

Reaction Score
Most commercials with pro athletes are just awful- very lame, none can act. The ones with Patrick Mahomes are the best ones for me- he comes across as a regular guy in those.
Shaq Home Depot pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom