Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round | Page 54 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Scheyer's post game interview was worthy of most D-2 teams.

Reaction Score
Auburn is a good team and UConn is lucky to not have to play them. In this tournament not uncommon for good team to have off night, or opponent have a hot night and lose to a lesser team. It’s why they play 7 games series in the pros. Even with that a team gets hot and wins a series where they were not the best team.

The Ken Pom stats are the most accurate in my opinion.
UConn did get screwed by committee, but with this break, the bracket now seems fair, but both Iowa St and Illinois are good teams.

What’s that song they sing in the flick, “Frozen”?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lower seed = expected to lose
The fact that they did is not newsworthy.

2 of those MWC losers were favored in their games, and the MWC is 1-5 ATS.

Also, your argument that it is fine for the MWC to lose every game is not statistically valid based on the probabilities of the games. Finally, using the fact that almost all the MWC teams, which got their bids because of inflated efficiency ratings, are losing is somehow justification for the accuracy of the efficiency ratings is idiotic. I hope you didn't go to UConn.

Reaction Score
2 of those MWC losers were favored in their games, and the MWC is 1-5 ATS.

Also, your argument that it is fine for the MWC to lose every game is not statistically valid based on the probabilities of the games. Finally, using the fact that almost all the MWC teams, which got their bids because of inflated efficiency ratings, are losing is somehow justification for the accuracy of the efficiency ratings is idiotic. I hope you didn't go to UConn.
Whoa. I finally agree with you on something. I hope the world is still turning.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
SEC with 3 teams in the round of 32. Same as the Big East.

Say what you want about Sankey, but he does what he (and the presidents who he works for) believes is best for the conference.

Meanwhile ours in apologizing for publicly stating we deserved more than those three teams. Not sure whose best interest her actions serve (likely keeping her job).
What?

Reaction Score
I'm not. I agree with some of your takes. But you do come in hot on some takes and really refuse to back down.

If UConn is in the Elite 8 and plays Iowa State, I'll eat crow here.

Iowa State isn't make the Elite 8.

Yale: some credit, but no surprise. Auburn wasn't nearly as good as people were making them out to be. Do better than a win against Indiana and Virginia Tech OOC and we can talk. Beat Kentucky or Tennessee once. Just once. Either of them.
I hope Iowa State makes the Elite 8. That would be a gift.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Sankey is doing his job - getting more SEC teams into the tournament. Ackerman is worried about not ruffling feathers and potentially scoring a job with the NCAA.
Ah, you may have considered just saying that.

Thank you,
your editor.

and totally agree ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Edey at 30pts-21rebs with 6 minutes left, Purdue up by over 20.
Yeah, not afraid of them. When the bright lights go on in the NC and he has to match up against Clingan. We will run right over them

Soft

Reaction Score
I thought top seeds would get picked off in our bracket, I still think we got screwed with a bracket of 3 other top 10 teams who won their conference tournaments.

Not sure what your beef is.

Yale played pretty great and Auburn played pretty badly. Teams get picked off in this tournament every year when they play badly. I think UConn has far more margin for error than anyone but we're still susceptible.
We agree on how good UConn is.

I'm insisting that people are overblowing 4 Top 10 teams. In part because we won't see all of those Top 10 teams. In part because I don't think some of these teams are actually that good. Namely Auburn and Iowa State. There's been a bit "we've been screwed" narrative (and you've been a consistent proponent of this, which is the "beef" if that how you want to put it rather than the light ribbing) that I'm pushing back again. Auburn and Iowa State are both over-rated. Illinois isn't very good either. There are better 2, 3, and 4 seeds out there.

Reaction Score
If Purdue was not the #1, 1 seed then why do they play a Grambling team that had to win the first 4 “play in”? Shouldn’t they play a fully rested squad and UConn plays a fatigued 16?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Alabama with 100 points with over 4 minutes left. What?

Reaction Score
Lets go JMU!

sorry if posted already.
Bucky McMillan, Samford head coach, just seems very with it. Too bad Samford couldn't play at least one more game, or more.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
if JMU had touch around the rim it would be a 20 point lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom