Tough Break for KO | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tough Break for KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Notice the timing. It comes during a bad start to the season. Nasty timing.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
"All my best girlfriends are now in a P5 conference and I'm just not going to settle for this crap anymore."

j/k

Sucks for KO. Wish him strength to get through this.

C

Chief00

He did looked stressed and not into the game yesterday - like when he lives and dies by every defensive possession - he is not human if it isn't a significant distraction. Maybe someone will be better off in the long run - but divorce can be a real ordeal for everyone involved.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Damn, I can't imagine being in such a high profile job/stressful job and having to deal with this. All the while leading a bunch of 18-22 year old kids (not to mention the 2 of his own).

Reaction Score
Could actually be a good thing for them both if they have had enough. On the bright side, he won't have to worry about it any more and can focus perhaps on coaching these young guys.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The last year was rough dealing with all the issues of divorce and post-divorce nonsense but I had an excellent year at work and no one even knew I got divorced and still don't. However, inside it was an awful year and very stress
Could actually be a good thing for them both if they have had enough. On the bright side, he won't have to worry about it any more and can focus perhaps on coaching these young guys.
Yeah, but it will affect his focus this season which with the Boat injury and the way the season has gone is the last thing the team needs. He will be fine next season, but we're cooked this season. I hate the tourney when we're not a part of it.

Reaction Score
Too bad, tough situation just in the fact it needs to be seen by everyone. Hope it works out for all parties, especially the kids. KO is tough, this will not be too much of a distraction for him although it's not going to be easy I'm sure. He has a huge family to support him - maybe one of the reasons Ray was around too!

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Hmm... Seems like somebody was waiting for the big payday first.... Smh

Keep ya head up Ollie & remember these hallowed words:

"Not a dime back!"
So you know them personally? If not thats a pretty ignorant statement.
H

He made millions in the NBA, so your comment is pretty stupid.

Wow.......really.....?
You guys are insufferable, it's a joke, lol.... Damn
I had to recheck if I accidentally posted in the Germanic Comedy forum again

C'mon guys, I know were 6-5 and ish is looking bleak..... but life is too short my friends

Be easy & smile a little....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope he finds a good G-d fearing Christian woman who is a holy terror in the bed. The best cure for what's ailing him is a new love, which I hope he is currently actively recruiting.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Bad news for Ollie. Worse news for us. I can see Ollie joining Okafor in LA next year.

Reaction Score
It is easier to divide the assets of a family when there is enough for two households to live comfortably. The struggle is more likely to be accepting the failure of a relationship that once was thought by both to be forever. There are stages of emotion to process before dispassionate, business like analysis can be applied and compromise agreements reached. If there is still mutual respect it will be easier.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hmm... Seems like somebody was waiting for the big payday first.... Smh

Keep ya head up Ollie & remember these hallowed words:

"Not a dime back!"

This is an incredibly stupid comment to make considering that he played in the NBA for 13 years....

Reaction Score
Thats's an unfortunate part of life but it happens. While sad it some ways for many people it represents a nice new chapter in life. I'm sure KO has to be taking a positive from a negative. The tough part is for the kids but atleast they are older and probably could understand what was going on much easier.

Reaction Score
Not saying it can't be weighing on him but FWIW - the papers were filed before Puerto Rico Tip-Off.

And they are 6-5. Not saying the potential divorce is the cause, but a divorce is one of the most difficult events one can experience in life.

Reaction Score
The first thing I think about is his introductory conference when he was announced for the job, and him telling the story about how when he proposed to his wife he got turned down a bunch of times but wouldn't take no for an answer because that's what's in his DNA the same tenacity he was going to bring to the program. Any meaning there? Probably not but it got a big laugh from the crowd back then. Just wish him a quick resolution. He has a tremendous support system of friends and family and money is not a problem so he has a lot going for him.

Reaction Score
looking for the silver lining here, and for me I guess its that maybe the team goes all in with Ollie easier than if this didn't happen. They know he's got their backs, but now they can have his and try to help him get over it

Gotta be annoying to be Ollie though, he's going to have dimwit chick student fanatics yelling at him whenever he's on campus now

Reaction Score
sorry to hear about this. KO seems like such a family oriented guy that I never would've thought he had problems at home.

Goes to show you never really know the problems someone is dealing with in their private life.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Divorces are mostly bitter even when there are relatively no assets to fight over. More money tends to make it worse, not better. At least the kids are older and it won't be as bad for them nor will custody be much of an issue.

Good luck to all of them. Divorce is not easy on kids. I was happy my parents got divorced because the fighting was so bad. But they still used us in their battles during and after the divorce. They seem wiser and I hope they are.

Reaction Score
looking for the silver lining here, and for me I guess its that maybe the team goes all in with Ollie easier than if this didn't happen. They know he's got their backs, but now they can have his and try to help him get over it

Gotta be annoying to be Ollie though, he's going to have dimwit chick student fanatics yelling at him whenever he's on campus now

If that's what it takes for him to get over this I say bring on the sloots

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Some people say that even bad sex and bad pizza are good. On The Boneyard, we've debunked the latter regularly.

Even a good divorce is bad.

It's a legal proceeding, so parts of it are on the public record. It's got a high-profile party, so it's news. It directly involves the team's coach, so it's not OT.

This board has repeatedly shown respectful maturity in response to personal, institutional & societal drama, though mileage varies.

Be thankful for what you have, lend a helping hand if you have something to give, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Peace in the new year . . .

Reaction Score
KO is going to be quite the eligible bachelor now that's he's on the market. Young, personable, great shape, sick bank account. Times like this make you want to think about changing your sex. There are 30 yr old plus Ct. females primping as we speak.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This board has repeatedly shown respectful maturity in response to personal, institutional & societal drama, though mileage varies.

Be thankful for what you have, lend a helping hand if you have something to give, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Peace in the new year . . .

Took only one post to either disprove or prove your premise, depending on how you look at it. In either event, here we have jibsey contemplating a s ex change operation in order to bag KO now that he is on the market:

KO is going to be quite the eligible bachelor now that's he's on the market. Young, personable, great shape, sick bank account. Times like this make you want to think about changing your s e x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom