TOS- Miller is gone | Page 4 | The Boneyard

TOS- Miller is gone

Reaction Score
Fish saying Miller is the best basketball mind on the staff isn't a stretch when his competition is Ollie, Killings, and Moore. Two mediocre recruiters and "NBA" Ollie. Good job though fishing for likes that's your specialty.

Fact is our 3 top assistants have all left under Ollie and not for the right reasons. Clear as day that a sinking ship feeling is being felt in Storrs by players and coaches alike. The good news is that Benedict has a pulse on this.

Millers supposed failure with big men has everything to do with Ollies recruiting (weak , bad talent or chronically injured players and his basketball philosophy which had no emphasis on playing through the bigs. These are preemptive strikes by Benedict aimed squarely at Ollie make no mistake about that.

More egregious than any of your dumba-- ideas is that you keep calling him Fish like he's your old buddy. I am just guessing that he is not your old buddy.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
More egregious than any of your dumba-- ideas is that you keep calling him Fish like he's your old buddy. I am just guessing that he is not your old buddy.

abe_vigoda.jpg

C

Chief00

I figured it's better to post rather than individually respond to people. I am letting the situation play out and calm down before I break it down further. When my breakdown comes, if you are a casual fan who doesn't care (like one poster), don't read it.

Dudes losing their check is never something to celebrate but sometimes the Big Boss man got to right the ship.

Reaction Score
I figured it's better to post rather than individually respond to people. I am letting the situation play out and calm down before I break it down further. When my breakdown comes, if you are a casual fan who doesn't care (like one poster), don't read it.

Dudes losing their check is never something to celebrate but sometimes the Big Boss man got to right the ship.

Get over yourself

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
All I know is that despite our front court, assistant coaching, and personnel situations Ollie better earn his $3.00 million next season.

Otherwise his seat will be very hot. It's time to put up or shut up.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
All I know is that despite our front court, assistant coaching, and personnel situations Ollie better earn his $3.00 million next season.

Otherwise his seat will be very hot. It's time to put up or shut up.
hopefully everyone comes back and are 100% healthy... we'll be very young next year with adams being the oldest and adams vital and jackson as our only experienced players... i think we'll be good but have to take everything into perspective. Not saying another season like this last one is acceptable

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Chief going full Chief.

Reaction Score

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

H

huskymagic

What's egregious is somebody constantly using his pedestal to fish for likes. Not something that you would understand walker.

As a rule I never refer to people through adjectives, but by nouns that's why I use Fish and not fishy. That's something that is in a woman's domain.

PS: This is a 100% changing of the old guard with all of Ollie's staff now being of his own choosing. The final Calhoun link on the staff is being broken. Calhoun is not happy with this.

C

Chief00

I will say this generic thing, UConn would be better off staging announcements on a Friday - rather than having the news drip out over a weekend. I have been told the state bureaucracy moves slowly to tie everything in one package that quickly. So that's another thing for Benedict to straighten out. With social media today a 1950's speed state bureaucracy is no longer tolerable.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I will say this generic thing, UConn would be better off staging announcements on a Friday - rather than having the news drip out over a weekend. I have been told the state bureaucracy moves slowly to tie everything in one package that quickly. So that's another thing for Benedict to straighten out. With social media today a 1950's speed state bureaucracy is no longer tolerable.
So reading the tea leaves, both you and Oz are in agreement that Miller is gone and all that is left is the official announcement.

Reaction Score
TOS has a poster trashing KO, connecting the Purvis tweet (fake love) with him. I've seen BUHusky10 make mention of issues going to the top, and a poster talking about KO out drinking/clubbing. All of it sounds pretty freaking crazy. Hope there's nothing to it, though I bring it up partially to see if that's what others have heard or witnessed (since that poster said something about "just go out and you can't miss him).

Reaction Score
TOS has a poster trashing KO, connecting the Purvis tweet (fake love) with him. I've seen BUHusky10 make mention of issues going to the top, and a poster talking about KO out drinking/clubbing. All of it sounds pretty freaking crazy. Hope there's nothing to it, though I bring it up partially to see if that's what others have heard or witnessed (since that poster said something about "just go out and you can't miss him).

If true, we have bigger problems.

Reaction Score

Ollie in the club would be hilarious.

Dude is 45 years old with college aged children. If he stepped foot in a club in this state there'd be thousands of pictures out.

People need to make up better stories.

All that info is coming from one guy who is pissed his man miller got canned. He's fighting with oz and saying ridiculous things. Maybe Ollie does go to the bar--I don't really care as long as uconn wins games. All sorts of people go out on fridays.

Reaction Score

The TOS guy seems like he is friends with/related to Miller so I wouldn't take his posts too seriously.

Reaction Score
The TOS guy seems like he is friends with/related to Miller so I wouldn't take his posts too seriously.
Yeah. He certainly seemed more up in arms, and had turned on KO quickly. I didn't give the story too much credence, but enough people here have been suggesting changes in KO after his divorce (which has always seemed silly to me) and his absolute confidence that if people went out they'd see it too.

There've just been weird whispers around here for the last few years. I've assumed it's just what happens when you underperform, and still think that's what it is. But it's been more strangely specific than it ever was with Calhoun.

Reaction Score

Looks to me like everyone has spent 4 pages talking about the wrong Miller leaving

C

Chief00

A losing season can make a lot of guys feel unloved even by themselves.

C

Chief00

I don't think that's how you defend Miller, accusing KO of too much clubbing, who was that guy with him?

Reaction Score
Yeah. He certainly seemed more up in arms, and had turned on KO quickly. I didn't give the story too much credence, but enough people here have been suggesting changes in KO after his divorce (which has always seemed silly to me) and his absolute confidence that if people went out they'd see it too.

There've just been weird whispers around here for the last few years. I've assumed it's just what happens when you underperform, and still think that's what it is. But it's been more strangely specific than it ever was with Calhoun.

I still personally believe the coaching has gone down hill since the divorce but who knows. Maybe the players just aren't as good.

Reaction Score
Ive been a member of this site for years and never knew what TOS was. Now, with all this talk, I want to know more than ever what TOS is. So, what exactly is TOS???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom