TOS- Miller is gone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TOS- Miller is gone

Reaction Score
We didn't ask for your break down, we don't care about your break down, we don't want your break down. That's because no one cares what you have to say.
All you're doing is feeding the LaVarr Ball of this message board. Let it be

C

Chief00

As I said in the Travis thread.

Benedict has expectations for the role each staff member has on a team. When the team isn't performing he goes looking for areas within the team to improve.

If Benedict thinks a coach has potential he asks for changes in behavior or they are gone.

If Benedict doesn't think they are value additive it's "here's the door".

I would be very surprised if Benedict doesn't have a job description with metrics for every AD staff member.

That's how I read him too - don't know if he has the last paragraph developed yet.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, the words "we" and "no one" are words used by insecure people who are just really speaking for themselves and nothing greater.
And those that take credit for no original thought are called plagiarists in a formal sense, or posers in a more informal setting. That's what's you are.....a poser. But entertaining nonetheless.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
KO for failing to put together a good staff or failing to recruit solid bigs
You would think if KO saw something wrong with the bigs play he would take charge and do something sooner.

Either he can't evaluate front court performance or he isn't doing his job correctly.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You think that this is a P5 mentality?

I'm liking it.

I'd wager Benedict has a better pulse for "rock stars" in his Dept and dead wood in his Dept better than most.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As I said in the Travis thread.

Benedict has expectations for the role each staff member has on a team. When the team isn't performing he goes looking for areas within the team to improve.

If Benedict thinks a coach has potential he asks for changes in behavior or they are gone.

If Benedict doesn't think they are value additive it's "here's the door".

I would be very surprised if Benedict doesn't have a job description with metrics for every AD staff member.

How do you know this dude? Serious question no snark

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm surprised so much change is coming when the board insisted injuries were the only thing holding us back.
For the record, this move makes me uneasy. I'm not sure the right guys are taking the fall here.

The only other 'right guy' is Ollie. Killings hasn't been here long enough. And Ricky's the last assistant off the pine...not typically a central-figure type of role.

And RE injuries, changes were needed to the staff, most people felt that way, but himself couldn't have coached this injury-laden team to the tournament.

Reaction Score
Wonder if this has something to do with Enoch transferring

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I agree that I am also nervous that the wrong guys may be taking the fall but I don't really know who else you can look to but the strength and conditioning and the guy coaching the bigs until it comes time to look at the guy on the top if things don't improve.

I am also surprised but thrilled that someone in Storrs also was not buying the injuries were the only thing holding us back narrative pushed real hard around here during the year.

I don't think anyone was claiming that injuries were the ONLY thing holding us back. That's your reading of others opinions.

Quite frankly, damn near everyone acknowledges that there's a multitude of factors involved. Things like coaching, training, player ceilings, etc etc.

But pretending losing 3 integral players (2 starters and potential leading scorer), plus walking wounded on an already thin roster, wasn't the main cause of failure this year is just dumb.

Tell me, given injuries, who in the country coaches this team to the NCAA tournament this year?

Reaction Score
Who do you think the right guys are?

I don't know, to be honest. I think there is a strong case to be made that nobody needed to take the fall this time around. I would have preferred waiting another year or two - to where we have a better idea of what the current cycle of kids are - before major changes were made. Even though I have been critical of the coaching, it's really just been one cycle of players that they've struggled with. I was still of the belief that any problems would be resolved organically.

What makes me uneasy on Miller was that he was the lead scout and that has been a strength of the staff. The 2014 tournament run was about as well scouted and coordinated as you're going to see. I actually wrote an a-ton of words on it that off-season.

I don't think any of us can really know, though. Unless you're inside the program it's hard to know who is controlling what.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone was claiming that injuries were the ONLY thing holding us back. That's your reading of others opinions.

Quite frankly, damn near everyone acknowledges that there's a multitude of factors involved. Things like coaching, training, player ceilings, etc etc.

But pretending losing 3 integral players (2 starters and potential leading scorer), plus walking wounded on an already thin roster, wasn't the main cause of failure this year is just dumb.

Tell me, given injuries, who in the country coaches this team to the NCAA tournament this year?

They weren't going to make the NCAA Tournament before the injuries either.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Quite frankly, damn near everyone acknowledges is that it's a multitude of factors. Things like coaching, training, player ceilings, etc etc.

I would say no one on the NCAA question. I'm going to wait it out and see what happens. I felt that Enoch should not be pencilled in as a starter. Perhaps he got some feedback that led to his tweets and impending transfer. He was the next great hope for a high quality big man and it's a bitter pill that he has not shown he can be a really plus contributor. I wish he would have done whatever he could to improve and stay, but maybe it would be best for him to be somewhere where he can play the whole game and maybe learn basketball.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised so much change is coming when the board insisted injuries were the only thing holding us back.

For the record, this move makes me uneasy. I'm not sure the right guys are taking the fall here.

And Chief...say what you want about the guy but he clearly seems to talk to somebody who matters.

The board offered MANY factors 'holding us back', various coaching issues among them.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I don't know, to be honest. I think there is a strong case to be made that nobody needed to take the fall this time around. I would have preferred waiting another year or two - to where we have a better idea of what the current cycle of kids are - before major changes were made. Even though I have been critical of the coaching, it's really just been one cycle of players that they've struggled with. I was still of the belief that any problems would be resolved organically.

What makes me uneasy on Miller was that he was the lead scout and that has been a strength of the staff. The 2014 tournament run was about as well scouted and coordinated as you're going to see. I actually wrote an a-ton of words on it that off-season.

I don't think any of us can really know, though. Unless you're inside the program it's hard to know who is controlling what.

I just wasn't sure if you meant Ollie or not, because if he is gone they are all gone.

I'm not sure if Miller leaving is the answer, but it seems like some change could be good. I would like to see a great recruiter join but we obviously need good X & Os too.

In the end it's going to be on Ollie. The best coaches keep their programs chugging along despite the changes to their staff. He needs to right the ship

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom