TOS- Miller is gone | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TOS- Miller is gone

Reaction Score
The only other 'right guy' is Ollie. Killings hasn't been here long enough. And Ricky's the last assistant off the pine...not typically a central-figure type of role.

And RE injuries, changes were needed to the staff, most people felt that way, but himself couldn't have coached this injury-laden team to the tournament.

I agree with the first part. We'll just have to disagree on the second part. I think there are a lot of coaches who could have taken that team to the tournament and Ollie should have been one of them.

But I've come to respect Ollie as a big picture guy who doesn't value quick fixes like zone. I wouldn't call him stubborn, necessarily, but I think he's adamant that the game be played a particular way. Sometimes, that means taking a step back today so you can take a few steps forward tomorrow. To my eye, the offense was overly structured and the defense was overly idealistic. Neither systems made very good use of personnel, but I think we have to wait until Ollie actually has his guys - and Brimah was a late period add - before we cast judgement. In a lot of ways, I don't think Calhoun was much different and he - one of the best ever - had some teams that he massively under-achieved with. The 2012 team was an abomination and I think his stubbornness was simultaneously what made him great and also - in addition to talent - what caused more of the down seasons than some of his peers.

I think we'll come to see Ollie the same way over time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How do you know this dude? Serious question no snark

Obviously I don't know for certain.

But his actions trend along the lines of what I stated.

The biggest cue so far was Diaco getting canned after reports were Benedict had Jerry Krill ready to sign as OC and Diaco didn't jump on board.

Benedict strikes me as the guy who is really good at finding solutions to underperforming areas of an AD and looking for changes. Get on board or get a one way ticket out of Storrs.

Reaction Score
I promise you that any coaching staff changes have nothing to do with Enoch and everything to do with all the losing.

I meant the reverse, Enoch leaving due to staff firings

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Obviously I don't know for certain.

But his actions trend along the lines of what I stated.

The biggest cue so far was Diaco getting canned after reports were Benedict had Jerry Krill ready to sign as OC and Diaco didn't jump on board.

Benedict strikes me as the guy who is really good at finding solutions to underperforming areas of an AD and looking for changes. Get on board or get a one way ticket out of Storrs.

Ah gotcha, I've got zero UCONN football knowledge, so that adds context.

H

huskymagic

If this is true this is not good news. Miller is our best X"s and O's guy on the staff and the best basketball mind on the staff. With Ollie we lost Blaney, Hobbs, and now Miller our 3 most important and influential assistants. They are leaving and not for the right job opportunities or reasons. Ollie's right hand man has been Killings this year and as soon as he came here we have the worst season and most injuries in 30 years.

These moves mean that Ollie is on the hot seat and even the assistant are looking to leave what they might perceive as a sinking ship. I wouldn't be quick to be "happy" about Miller leaving. Dave Benedict has his hands on some of this and we will see what happens, but coupled with Enoch its not a good sign.

Reaction Score
If this is true this is not good news. Miller is our best X"s and O's guy on the staff and the best basketball mind on the staff. With Ollie we lost Blaney, Hobbs, and now Miller our 3 most important and influential assistants. They are leaving and not for the right job opportunities or reasons. Ollie's right hand man has been Killings this year and as soon as he came here we have the worst season and most injuries in 30 years.

These moves mean that Ollie is on the hot seat and even the assistant are looking to leave what they might perceive as a sinking ship. I wouldn't be quick to be "happy" about Miller leaving. Dave Benedict has his hands on some of this and we will see what happens, but coupled with Enoch its not a good sign.
Lmao now the injuries are killings' fault?

Reaction Score

You think Miller is leaving because he perceives the program to be a sinking ship!!!!!! Holy hell, this takes the cake. Congratulations.

Reaction Score

Well it wasn't very good. Lol. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If this is true this is not good news. Miller is our best X"s and O's guy on the staff and the best basketball mind on the staff. With Ollie we lost Blaney, Hobbs, and now Miller our 3 most important and influential assistants.

You are so dumb. I actually feel bad for you given how dumb I think you are.

I know I am jinxing myself and someone is going to message me and tell me that you were hit in the head by Shamu's tail or something when you were a kid and now you just spend all day in a group home drawing pictures of Ray Allen and posting here and I will feel terrible.

But you are just so dumb. I am so sorry.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I know I am jinxing myself and someone is going to message me and tell me that you were hit in the head by Shamu's tail or something when you were a kid and now you just spend all day in a group home drawing pictures of Ray Allen and posting here and I will feel terrible.

Well now that you mention it...

Reaction Score

Fish, this is cold blooded.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, are words used by insecure people who are just really speaking for themselves and nothing greater.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hobbs was smart to jump when he did, I bet this would've been him.

H

huskymagic

Fish saying Miller is the best basketball mind on the staff isn't a stretch when his competition is Ollie, Killings, and Moore. Two mediocre recruiters and "NBA" Ollie. Good job though fishing for likes that's your specialty.

Fact is our 3 top assistants have all left under Ollie and not for the right reasons. Clear as day that a sinking ship feeling is being felt in Storrs by players and coaches alike. The good news is that Benedict has a pulse on this.

Millers supposed failure with big men has everything to do with Ollies recruiting (weak , bad talent or chronically injured players and his basketball philosophy which had no emphasis on playing through the bigs. These are preemptive strikes by Benedict aimed squarely at Ollie make no mistake about that.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
Agree with all of this, but I will still never forgive him for buttoning the top button on his polo shirts and then infecting the rest of the coaching staff with that look, which made them look like they just stepped off the short bus.
Got to give props - literally lol with tears.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom