Tornado | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tornado

Reaction Score
CVS, is in Seymour but you are correct on it being a cow town, LOL! We moved to a 55+ Community, Chatfield Farms. Anyone looking for a nice retirement community in CT should check it out.

Chatfield Farms Beacon Falls CT | New Haven Homes
My In-laws live there, I went up Skokorat the day after and its was like a bomb went off near the Seymour/Beacon Falls town line. I was surprised they got power back so quick. In Oxford we didn't get power back until today late-afternoon.

Reaction Score
The path looks like it missed my childhood home by one lot. The tornado ran parallel to Wallens St where I grew up.

Yep. Parallel to Wallens and Wetmore on the backside of the hill, closer to Wallens. Does that make you a Gilbert Grad?

Reaction Score
My In-laws live there, I went up Skokorat the day after and its was like a bomb went off near the Seymour/Beacon Falls town line. I was surprised they got power back so quick. In Oxford we didn't get power back until today late-afternoon.

I played golf at Oxford Greens on Friday. No power but the course was in decent shape.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Yep. Parallel to Wallens and Wetmore on the backside of the hill, closer to Wallens. Does that make you a Gilbert Grad?
Yes it does. With a 25th reunion this year, scary.

Reaction Score
Yes it does. With a 25th reunion this year, scary.
Goes by fast! My brother-in-law was Class of '91. My wife, a couple years before that. I used to bartend in various Winsted watering holes back in the '90s.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I live in Oxford...the tornado literally came through my neighborhood. The twister actually came across the forest line in my back hard--about 200 yards from the house. We were lucky and sustained only minor damage to the house (siding, trim, etc) but have dozens of trees down and debris everywhere. I have no idea how we escaped more damage. Some of my neighbors were not as lucky.

We are just getting power back now (schools are still canceled today). The damage and destruction is like nothing I've ever seen before. The adjuster actually just came out to the house to look at the damage today. He has seen his share of damage and storms, as he is from down South (lived/worked in Texas, Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina) and said that he has never seen the amount of damage and destruction that he has seen since he got here a couple of days ago (in Oxford and in Brookfield/Danbury area).

Definitely feel lucky (I guess God figures I have been thr0ugh enough pain as a UConn fan these last couple years ;) )

Reaction Score
One week later, relatives in Brookfield got their energy back with well water to follow. In Hamden, some of Sleeping Giant State Park will potentially be closed until fall. Glad to hear most Boneyarders were not hit and relatively safe. Damaged homes are no fun, yet it's tough to replace people.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I live in Brookfield. Was a heck of a storm. Lots of damage. Luckily the trees that fell near us narrowly avoided the house. On that note if anyone needs some firewood...

Attachments

• C993E6F5-F4B7-48B3-A918-652404680898.jpeg
    C993E6F5-F4B7-48B3-A918-652404680898.jpeg
    990 KB · Views: 57

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member