Top Three most spectacular plays in the last 25 years. | The Boneyard

Top Three most spectacular plays in the last 25 years.

Reaction Score
Not the most important, or buzzer beater, or incredible shot. Just flat out spectacular basketball plays. Plays that make you go "Did I just see that? Did that really happen? And that you know you will never see again. In no particular order.

Caron Butler diving to save the ball inbounds at half court, throws it behind his back, and hits a streaking TRob in the paint for a lay up.

Scott Burrell leaps over 6-7 Rodney Rodgers and steals the basketball as he lands on the other side.

Andre Jackson steals the ball near the three point line, at half court with the ball in his right hand spins 360 degrees, loses the ball, tips it with his left hand to his right hand, dribbles behind his back and finishes with a two hand dunk.

25 years is kind of arbitrary thing. I saw all three on live TV. Are there any others that belong on this list?

Reaction Score
Not the most important, or buzzer beater, or incredible shot. Just flat out spectacular basketball plays. Plays that make you go "Did I just see that? Did that really happen? And that you know you will never see again. In no particular order.

Caron Butler diving to save the ball inbounds at half court, throws it behind his back, and hits a streaking TRob in the paint for a lay up.

Scott Burrell leaps over 6-7 Rodney Rodgers and steals the basketball as he lands on the other side.

Andre Jackson steals the ball near the three point line, at half court with the ball in his right hand spins 360 degrees, loses the ball, tips it with his left hand to his right hand, dribbles behind his back and finishes with a two hand dunk.

25 years is kind of arbitrary thing. I saw all three on live TV. Are there any others that belong on this list?
Tate George from Scott Burrell.

Reaction Score
Most people are naming/going to name UConn plays, but I'll go UConn adjacent. Ja Morant's dunk against Marquette at the XL Center in the NCAA tournament. Wasn't any better than a lot of other poster dunks, but I watched it live and that was the moment I knew I'd go Ja over Zion at #1

Reaction Score
Adama Sanogo going coast to coast for the layup! (All right, maybe not spectacular, but it sure was fun.)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

You didn't qualify things by limiting the discussion to only UConn plays, but all three of those you mentioned were extraordinary in the exact way you described.

I too saw them first when they happened, as well every other play subsequently mentioned.

When. They. Happened.
That's a "Thank you," not a brag.

PS - Recently, I've become highly aware that almost all long baseline throws with little time on the clock are just terrible heaves that never get caught.

Reaction Score
Two fairly recent ones:

James Bouknight’s alley oop against ECU
Jalen Adams’ shot against Cincinnati
I always said the best alley oop id ever seen was Grant Hill when he was at Duck but that Bouk alley surpassed it for me. That was ridiculous!!! Still better than Ajaxs play which was also ridiculous.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't find exactly when the play occurred, but about halfway through the first half of the 1999 Championship Game, Edmund Saunders stuffs Elton Brand brutally and Brand flops and gets the foul call. Everyone on TV, in the arena, and most importantly, Brand and Saunders knew it was a clean block. But rather than get upset, Saunders just stood over Brand and stared at him. Both of them knew who the punk was on that play. That play was where everyone knew that UConn was not the little engine that could. The Huskies were there to win.

Reaction Score

….need YouTube videos attached to everyone’s nomination

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom