Top Three most spectacular plays in the last 25 years. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Top Three most spectacular plays in the last 25 years.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
What are the chances that by the end of this year Andre has two or three of the top three?

Reaction Score
What are the chances that by the end of this year Andre has two or three of the top three?

I put it at 50%-50%. The kid can just do a lot of things that other humans can not.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Not the most important, or buzzer beater, or incredible shot. Just flat out spectacular basketball plays. Plays that make you go "Did I just see that? Did that really happen? And that you know you will never see again. In no particular order.

Caron Butler diving to save the ball inbounds at half court, throws it behind his back, and hits a streaking TRob in the paint for a lay up.

Scott Burrell leaps over 6-7 Rodney Rodgers and steals the basketball as he lands on the other side.

Andre Jackson steals the ball near the three point line, at half court with the ball in his right hand spins 360 degrees, loses the ball, tips it with his left hand to his right hand, dribbles behind his back and finishes with a two hand dunk.

25 years is kind of arbitrary thing. I saw all three on live TV. Are there any others that belong on this list?
No videos?

No video? Didn't happen!

Reaction Score
Not 25 years ago.
In his defense the original poster said 25yrs and then brought up Scott Burrell jumping over Rodney Rogers which was also in the early 90's!

Reaction Score
I'll give one more early 90s one. I go back and forth if it was more spectacular than literally leapfrogging Rodney Rogers, but given that it was in a NCAA game, and the opponent .... Scottie Burrell flying in from a corner and sending a Shaq dunk attempt into the stands, and then flying by in a way that Shaq landed and had no idea what happened to the ball.

Reaction Score
I remember the Butler save/pass.
The Hawkin's dunk against G-town last year was up there, but I remember letting out an audible "Wow".

Spectacular can be bad as well. It might not be what you want to remember but the Marcus Williams steal and missed layup in the fina minute against Notre Dame had me not believe my eyes. He was having a big night too.
Runner-up for bad for me was I think Shamon Tooles inbounding the ball to Darius Rice for a Miami 3. I remember think Tooles had to keep the pass inside the 3-pt arc to prevent that exact thing from happening.

Bouknight putback stuff off his own missed shot was pretty special, too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I remember the Butler save/pass.
The Hawkin's dunk against G-town last year was up there, but I remember letting out an audible "Wow".

Spectacular can be bad as well. It might not be what you want to remember but the Marcus Williams steal and missed layup in the fina minute against Notre Dame had me not believe my eyes. He was having a big night too.
Runner-up for bad for me was I think Shamon Tooles inbounding the ball to Darius Rice for a Miami 3. I remember think Tooles had to keep the pass inside the 3-pt arc to prevent that exact thing from happening.

Bouknight putback stuff off his own missed shot was pretty special, too.

I always defend Tooles on that play. I forget which guard he tried to pass to in the corner. It was a horrible decision to inbound the ball to the corner. Everyone knows. The guard he was passing it to tried to grab it on the run to get up the court and Rice jumped the passing lane. If the guard had taken two steps towards the pass, Rice plows him over and UConn is shooting FT's to ice the game.

Reaction Score
Lower tier, but Lamb’s steal against San Diego State in the Sweet 16 always sticks out. The way he just elevated and plucked the pass out of the air to start and finish a fast break the other way. That one always stuck out with him as well.

Shout out to me for that win. I had tickets and didn’t use them because UConn had lost the last two games I had been to. I wanted to wait for a lower stakes game to break the streak. Still waiting on my ring but, honestly, knowing I’m mostly responsible for 2011 is thanks enough.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not in the last 25 years but this will always have a special place in my heart:

Post/handle of the thread.

And add me to those who loved that Boatright's 'magic trick' layup got mention in this thread. It 100% was, "Wait, what, did that just happen?" without being anything that was physically spectacular. Pure sleight of hand.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I feel like Jerome Dyson was a pro at that behind the back drive to a dunk or layup but I can’t find it. Does anyone remember what I’m talking about?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom