Top Three most spectacular plays in the last 25 years. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top Three most spectacular plays in the last 25 years.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I was in this thread earlier and thought of that exact same play. I was going to mention it but thought no one else would consider it spectacular. Awesome to see you mention it.
I had the exact same thought.

It looked more like a Globetrotters-Generals play than anything else but it was awesome.

Reaction Score
Not the most important, or buzzer beater, or incredible shot. Just flat out spectacular basketball plays. Plays that make you go "Did I just see that? Did that really happen? And that you know you will never see again. In no particular order.

Caron Butler diving to save the ball inbounds at half court, throws it behind his back, and hits a streaking TRob in the paint for a lay up.

Scott Burrell leaps over 6-7 Rodney Rodgers and steals the basketball as he lands on the other side.

Andre Jackson steals the ball near the three point line, at half court with the ball in his right hand spins 360 degrees, loses the ball, tips it with his left hand to his right hand, dribbles behind his back and finishes with a two hand dunk.

25 years is kind of arbitrary thing. I saw all three on live TV. Are there any others that belong on this list?
Fortunate enough to see all three in person.

Reaction Score
1) "We got a mismatch" has to be first because of the moment and all that followed.

I will also submit Bazz at the Buzzer to beat Florida..for the moment and all the followed. And Jalen's 70+ footer against Cincy..because it was 70+ MF feet!

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Not in the last 25 years but this will always have a special place in my heart:

I just watched that video Saturday when Rod was at the game.

Laettner was such a dirty player, he did a sucker punch (via his elbow) to Rod's mouth preceding that reaction from Rod

No call on the Dookie though

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Not the most important, or buzzer beater, or incredible shot. Just flat out spectacular basketball plays. Plays that make you go "Did I just see that? Did that really happen? And that you know you will never see again. In no particular order.

Caron Butler diving to save the ball inbounds at half court, throws it behind his back, and hits a streaking TRob in the paint for a lay up.

Scott Burrell leaps over 6-7 Rodney Rodgers and steals the basketball as he lands on the other side.

Andre Jackson steals the ball near the three point line, at half court with the ball in his right hand spins 360 degrees, loses the ball, tips it with his left hand to his right hand, dribbles behind his back and finishes with a two hand dunk.

25 years is kind of arbitrary thing. I saw all three on live TV. Are there any others that belong on this list?
Sticks to Rafters

Reaction Score
Ben Gordon’s sky high thunderous dunk right in amongst a couple of Duke trees at the 2004 FF. I will never forget it.

Reaction Score
As has already been pointed out, it's much older than 25 years (even though the OP cited it?), but I don't know how one can watch this play and not say it's the most did-I-just-see-what-I-thought-I-saw play ever.

I was there- went home and rewatched the tape I don't know how many times.

Reaction Score
Lamb had a dunk in 2012 that was pretty sick, might have already been mentioned and I missed it.

Lower tier, but Lamb’s steal against San Diego State in the Sweet 16 always sticks out. The way he just elevated and plucked the pass out of the air to start and finish a fast break the other way. That one always stuck out with him as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Caron's behind the back half court pass.

The thing that makes this most incredible to me is the intent and the skill to make it all happen.

When Burrell jumped Rogers and stole the ball it was pure instinct and spur of the moment. Sure, he was attacking Rogers and wanted to get the ball but no way way Scott thinking he was going to approach from behind, jump over him and strip the ball on the way down. He was just that good to be able to literally and figuratively think and act on the fly.

Caron knew before he was jumping out of bounds he was going behind the back. Was the absolute perfect pass to TRob on the run lucky? Sure. But watch the slow mo replay. Caronimo slows down just before going out of bounds to position his body so he can do a behind the back pass to the UConn side of the court and keep the ball inbounds. He had that play visualized and knew how to get his body in position before he did it.

Reaction Score
Lower tier, but Lamb’s steal against San Diego State in the Sweet 16 always sticks out. The way he just elevated and plucked the pass out of the air to start and finish a fast break the other way. That one always stuck out with him as well.
That’s actually a really good throwback and great inclusion for this thread. Pretty sure my jaw dropped when he grabbed that ball out of the air.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom