Top 5 All-time teams from each school | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Top 5 All-time teams from each school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nicole Powell is one of the Top 5 Stanford players ever. Azzi at the PG... Wiggins at the SG. .. and a front line of the O sisters and Powell... thats tough
You think Stanford should be higher?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Who do you think would win? You have 3 players in the UConn starting five that have been in the conversation for greatest of all time. I guess Cheryl, Cynthia and Leslie might be in that conversation also. But, with UConn, you have 4, very good 3pt shooters. Not sure that USC can match that.

Hard to judge Cooper's and Miller's 3-point shooting since they graduated before the rule was instituted :)

Really, I don't know who would win but Leslie would be a big test for Stewie and vice versa.

Reaction Score
Hard to judge Cooper's and Miller's 3-point shooting since they graduated before the rule was instituted :)

Really, I don't know who would win but Leslie would be a big test for Stewie and vice versa.
Leslie would play Charles I think.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Point taken, but I put Mojet in my starting five. What about our speed and 3pt shooting? I wish I could get a ESPN poll on this subject.
Love MoJett but she can't guard anyone in this USC lineup. Both Coop and Cheryl would shoot over her or overpower her.
The 3pt shot was not a part of the Game in Coop's and Cheryl's time. I forget what year it put into WCBB. Not that I would be afraid to to play with 3Pt line because both Coop and Cheryl were great long range shooters. Even Lisa Leslie was a decent 3 Pt Shooter for a post player.

Wally East

Reaction Score
University of Southern California
PG- Cheryl Miller
SG-Cynthia Cooper
F-Tina Thompson
F-Paula McGee
C Lisa Leslie
Reserves: G-Sanaa Lathan, F- Pam McGee

By the way, if you substitute Pamela for twin sister Paula (who was a two-time All-American herself), that's an Olympian starting five. So, that's pretty good :)

Wally East

Reaction Score
Leslie would play Charles I think.

You might, rabbit, you might. Or, you'd put Tina Thompson on Charles and Leslie on Stewart. Either way, tough match-ups.

Reaction Score
You might, rabbit, you might. Or, you'd put Tina Thompson on Charles and Leslie on Stewart. Either way, tough match-ups.
So, could you imagine a FF of #1 UConn vs new #4 Stanford and #2 USC vs #3Tennessee? I wouldn't be able to watch. Too close.

Reaction Score
I just refined some lists and came up with this: NO PARTICULAR ORDER!!!

USC
PG-Miller
SG-Cooper
F-Thompson
F-Paula/Pam McGee
C-Leslie

Stanford
PG- Azzi, Starbird
SG- Wiggins
F- N. Ogwumike
F-C. Ogwumike
C- Appel

Baylor
PG- Sims
SG- Eppers
SF- Davis
PF- Young
C- Griner

UCONN
PG- Bird, MoJeff
SG- DT,KML,Sales
W- Moore, Abrosimova
F- Stewie, Lobo
C- Charles

TN
PG- Jolly, Marciniak
SG- Catchings
F- Holdsclaw
F- Parker
C- Anosike

MD
PG- Tolliver
SG- Doron, Coleman
F-Thomas
F- Langhorne
C- Kizer, Harper

Duke
PG- Harding
SG- Beard
SF- Currie
PF- Tillis
C- Williams

UNC
PG- Teasley
SG- Latta
F- Jones, DeShields
F- Little
C- Larkins

ND
PG- Diggins, Ivey
SG- Loyd, Ratay
SF-McBride
F- Siemon
C- Riley

Reaction Score
Do yourself a favor and go rent the movie Mighty Mac when you get the chance. It is about the Immaculata women's basketball and more important about our (Philly) people and the roots of the women's game. You will see many threads and connections to UCONN for example one of Cathy Rush's players eventually got married to Phil Martelli. It was Phil that gave Geno his first coaching job at Bishop Kenrick High School before Jim foster and Debbie Ryan realized the potential and dragged Geno to St Joe's and UVA. Thank me later and I make some more connections for you like how Muffett McGraw and Dawn Staley fit into this wonderful mosaic.
You can see Mighty Macs online for free here:
http://putlocker.is/watch-the-mighty-macs-online-free-putlocker.html

You might have to delete a couple of popups before the movie starts. Just keep deleting them and retrying. Once the movie starts, it's clear sailing. Lots of connections as CoCoHusky said. Rene Portland was also on the team.

Wally East

Reaction Score
So, could you imagine a FF of #1 UConn vs new #4 Stanford and #2 USC vs #3Tennessee? I wouldn't be able to watch. Too close.

I could see that.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When did you start following WBB? :rolleyes:
Now I have to ask you to play along also, just having fun at Bill's expense. When did Ascom graduate?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Now I have to ask you to play along also, just having fun at Bill's expense. When did Ascom graduate?
latest

Reaction Score
You seriously cant have a top 5 terp team and leave off Vicky Bullet :confused:
You are correct. I was considering Bullett and it made a ton of sense but I didn't know how many people knew about her.

Another team to consider from the past is Louisiana Tech.

G - Teresa Witherspoon
G - Kim Mulkey
G - Betty Lennox
F - Cheryl Ford/Janice Braxton
C - Pam Kelly

Should be considered for the 8th spot. (or maybe have a play-in game)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just my $.02 for Tennessee, but I don't see how you leave Lawson off that team. She's an Olympian and has been an incredible player in the WNBA. She's much better than Anosike (more productive for her position). Plus, Catchings simply is not a good 2G

Jolly
Lawson
Catchings
Holdsclaw
Parker

Also for ND no one seems to remember Achonwa - just coming back from injury, but certainly a winner and a really good player on the Canadian National team. I don't know who Siemon is/was, but Achonwa was great for them for 4 years...

For UCONN, I love Bird and she's been the best PG in the world for Team USA for years now. Moriah has not had a chance to lead team USA so I'm not ready to crown her #1. BUT if you wanted to make a team of 10, she's certainly be the back up PG and that team of 10 would be miles ahead of any other team out there... so is our team of 5 by the way. And that's leaving Olympians like Cash and Jones off the team...

Lastly, are you making a team of only 5 starters, or a team of 10 with players off the bench too?

Reaction Score
Just my $.02 for Tennessee, but I don't see how you leave Lawson off that team. She's an Olympian and has been an incredible player in the WNBA. She's much better than Anosike (more productive for her position). Plus, Catchings simply is not a good 2G

Jolly
Lawson
Catchings
Holdsclaw
Parker

Also for ND no one seems to remember Achonwa - just coming back from injury, but certainly a winner and a really good player on the Canadian National team. I don't know who Siemon is/was, but Achonwa was great for them for 4 years...

For UCONN, I love Bird and she's been the best PG in the world for Team USA for years now. Moriah has not had a chance to lead team USA so I'm not ready to crown her #1. BUT if you wanted to make a team of 10, she's certainly be the back up PG and that team of 10 would be miles ahead of any other team out there... so is our team of 5 by the way. And that's leaving Olympians like Cash and Jones off the team...

Lastly, are you making a team of only 5 starters, or a team of 10 with players off the bench too?
No, you can have a full team. I just didn't know enough about other teams to fill out their rosters. I completely agree with you about UConn being ahead of all the rest.
I like hearing the arguments for other teams though.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Possible 10-deep ND configuration - some of these are before my time so I'm leaning on the media guide a bit.

PG: Skylar Diggins, Niele Ivey
W: Jewell Loyd, Beth Morgan
W: Kayla McBride, Alicia Ratay
PF: Natalie Achonwa, Devereaux Peters
C: Ruth Riley, Katryna Gilbert

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Nicole Powell is one of the Top 5 Stanford players ever. Azzi at the PG... Wiggins at the SG. .. and a front line of the O sisters and Powell... thats tough

And that is leaving off players like Kate Starbird, Jayne Appel, Olympia Scott, Naomi M., etc. Pretty solid bench for the Cardinal.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Possible 10-deep ND configuration - some of these are before my time so I'm leaning on the media guide a bit.

An argument can be made for Jacqueline Batteast over Alicia Ratay.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has had the incredible fortune of having its best four of all-time playing together. Add in Peters, who's in the Top Ten and it's easy to see why they have done so well. Hard act for this new group to follow.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
An argument can be made for Jacqueline Batteast over Alicia Ratay.

Batteast was the 11th person I came up with. I figured that in this hypothetical you would want a sharpshooter off the bench. From what I can gather (didn't watch either play), Batteast had a better career.

Reaction Score
Tremendous!! So, CoCo. Are you saying that USC would beat UConn? Where is Tonyc when you need him.
We need one of those "Muhammed Ali vs. Rocky Marciano" computer simulation games - use USC's and UCONN's all-time players when each was in her senior year.

Reaction Score

That, is one helluva team! Thanks for your input.

Reaction Score
University of Southern California
PG- Cheryl Miller
SG-Cynthia Cooper
F-Tina Thompson
F-Paula McGee
C Lisa Leslie
Reserves: G-Sanaa Lathan, F- Pam McGee
Omg I LOVE you for that Sanaa Lathan reference!!!! :D:D:D Lol

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has had the incredible fortune of having its best four of all-time playing together. Add in Peters, who's in the Top Ten and it's easy to see why they have done so well. Hard act for this new group to follow.
Yeah, and not 1 NC, to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET