Top 25 Analysis: Season Preview | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Top 25 Analysis: Season Preview

Reaction Score
Good write-up on Mississippi State. I actually like A&M's roster a bit more but will be interested to see how they fair this year.

I’m cautiously optimistic regarding Mississippi State. I’d really like to have at least one more proven ball handler but overall very excited for the season.
Likely starters are
J Carter 6-5 GS
E Barnum 6-2 GS transfer from Arkansas
D Powe 6-1 Soph
J Jordan 5-10 Sr
L Park-Lane 5-3 GS transfer from Seton Hall

R Parker 6-4 Jr will be the main 4 and 5 backup
D Rogers 5-10 Sr transfer from DePaul will likely be the 2 and 3 backup. She will also possibly start instead of D Powe.

M Sheppard 5-11 Fr is projected to be the backup point. She played point for Monteverde Academy last season with several D1 signees. However she lead them in points, assists and steals. Regardless she is still a freshman.

After that the rest of rotation will be match up and foul trouble dependent. Freshman J Brown 5-9 combo guard has good size and has the ability to defend. Soph N Gony 6-4 didn’t play much last season but the coaching staff is very high on how hard she worked this summer. She can play 4 and some 3. Q Cherry-Montague 6-6 Fr post has great size and a decent skill level. However she will likely only see spot duty. JC M Thames 5-8 is a good three point shooter and decent ball handler. She also will likely see spot duty.
Four players on the team were first or second team all conference last season and another was SEC All freshman team. The biggest concern will be getting players used to leading their teams in scoring to accept a different role.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to Big 12 Media day this week. K State had released 2 episodes on Ayoka Lees recovery process but then it's been crickets. I'm interested to see who Baylor is going to start. Texas had a lot of chatter last year, and seemingly had more press. It's been pretty quiet on that end as well.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to Big 12 Media day this week. K State had released 2 episodes on Ayoka Lees recovery process but then it's been crickets. I'm interested to see who Baylor is going to start. Texas had a lot of chatter last year, and seemingly had more press. It's been pretty quiet on that end as well.

I would imagine Texas and z Oklahoma chatter to be pretty muted at their last big 12 media day

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom