Top 25 Analysis: Season Preview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 25 Analysis: Season Preview

Reaction Score
Less preseason buzz this year but Tennessee looks together and ready.

Reaction Score
Imo l just went out a purchased players. They got a shooting guard who has never played point guard and a 6 foot undersized post to play in the sec where the post players are huge.. They needed a point guard and center to replace morris and williams.
They’ll finish behind SC, TN, Miss St

This is what happens when you recruit for name instead of needs…

sun

Reaction Score
LSU has 2 players @ 6' 3", 1 player @ 6'2" & a freshman @ 6'6".
And that's not even including Morrow & Kent @ 6'1".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They’ll finish behind SC, TN, Miss St

This is what happens when you recruit for name instead of needs…
maybe texas a&m and ole miss. I won't be surprised
Interest Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
LSU has 2 players @ 6' 3", 1 player @ 6'2" & a freshman @ 6'6".
And that's not even including Morrow & Kent @ 6'1".

FWIW, not sure if SCar is the tallest team in the country.

Cardoso 6-7
Walker 6-5
Watkins 6-3 (mcDonalds dunk champ can grab bar 11 feet)
Feagan 6-3
Kitts 6-2
Johnson 6-1
Hall 6-0
Jah 6-0

Reaction Score
You didn't hear it from me.

1 LSU
2 UConn
3 UCLA
4 South Carolina
5 Utah
6 Iowa
7 Ohio State
8 Virginia Tech
9 Indiana
10 Texas
11 Notre Dame
12 Tennessee
13 North Carolina
14 Ole Miss
15 Maryland
16 Florida State
17 Colorado
18 Standord
19 Louisville
20 Baylor
21 Illinois
22 USC
23 N.C. State
24 Creighton
25 Texas A&M

Also considered were Arizona, Duke and Kansas State
NC State at #23 is a joke. Maybe they meant Washington State or Mississippi State.

Reaction Score
In a Pac-12 thread I had UCLA, Utah, Stanford, Colorado, and Arizona fighting it out for the First Division. Looking over the USC Trojans roster, though, with 6 of the top 8 rotation returning (including the excellent big Rayah Marshall) AND adding Juju Watkins, they seem to be a title contender as well .

Oregon, Ore State, WSU, and Washington ( the PNW Schools!) look to me as Second Division... I'd love to be proven wrong. Each would have a shot at better placement by virtue of an acceptable road record (very difficult). AZ State and Cal bring up the rear until proven otherwise.

Road trips in the conference will be a nightmare for everybody IMO.
A pretty interesting article about USC

Reaction Score
How much do think Heide is going to play? I'm not expecting much court time for her.
Game & opponent dependent. I think Heide will get minutes. Both her parents played hoops at OSU. I believe Kelsey Rees, the Utah transfer, will get more minutes. My goal is to go to every OSU home game this season. I'm bummed OSU's non-conference schedule is so weak. But even so, I have very high expectations for this team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Game & opponent dependent. I think Heide will get minutes. Both her parents played hoops at OSU. I believe Kelsey Rees, the Utah transfer, will get more minutes. My goal is to go to every OSU home game this season. I'm bummed OSU's non-conference schedule is so weak. But even so, I have very high expectations for this team.
I would certainly hope Rees plays more than Heide, from what we've seen of them previously at Utah and Cal.

Reaction Score
FWIW, not sure if SCar is the tallest team in the country.

Cardoso 6-7
Walker 6-5
Watkins 6-3 (mcDonalds dunk champ can grab bar 11 feet)
Feagan 6-3
Kitts 6-2
Johnson 6-1
Hall 6-0
Jah 6-0
Umm.. Oregon remains quite tall:
Kyei 6'8"
Basham: 6'7"
Van Slooten 6'3"
Rambus 6'3"
Tillander 6'1"
But it is the increased height at wing and guard that stands as a difference from last year:
Priscilla Williams 6'2"
Sofia Bell 6'1"
Sammie Wagner 6'1"

But I imagine they will play with a 5'9" Chance Gray and another 5'8-5'9" guard.

Reaction Score
Been waiting for this. Coach Adia Barnes

I am really looking forward to watching as many Arizona games as possible. I like their roster and I am hoping that Jada and Breya have a fun and productive season.

Reaction Score
Been waiting for this. Coach Adia Barnes

She had me up until she threw out the allegations about other programs trying to "steal" players line. Either name names or don't do it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She had me up until she threw out the allegations about other programs trying to "steal" players line. Either name names or don't do it.
She's not the only one. Didn't Belmont's coach make the same accusations? Didn't name names either, but that is probably a very risky proposition.

Reaction Score
She's not the only one. Didn't Belmont's coach make the same accusations? Didn't name names either, but that is probably a very risky proposition.
Iowas and Utah’s coaches both said the same thing this summer. Not sure why people are doubting it at this point…

Reaction Score
Not surprising. You guys are usually always on the taller side as a team. You all love those big 6’1-6’3 wings/guards.
That is what I like as well, the wings are tall. We also have a couple PGs that are on the smaller side: 5'5", & 5'10". But I think we are going to see a 6'0" PG (freshman) see a fair amount of minutes this season. I believe our perimeter defense is going to improve a great deal this season. Fun to speculate. As was pointed out by @Florida Fan, Oregon is also very tall in the post and at the wing.

Reaction Score
Iowas and Utah’s coaches both said the same thing this summer. Not sure why people are doubting it at this point…
Because nobody is naming names or describing what "poaching activities" were engaged in.

They are bare-assed accusations only so why should we listen.

Reaction Score
Because nobody is naming names or describing what "poaching activities" were engaged in.

They are bare-assed accusations only so why should we listen.
If everyone is singing the same song, with there being no real connection between the singers, maybe it's time to listen to it. If these big named coaches are going on the record saying it on camera, its not just smoke, imo.

I'm not sure whats so unbelievable about teams poaching players during the offseason either?

Reaction Score
Theirs nothing to listen to. I’m not saying it’s unbelievable but name somebody. Tell us what somebody did. Give us some tiny shred of evidence.

At this point, it’s all just whining about losing players to the portals.

“THEY” are tampering with my players.

Anybody can accuse the vast conspiratorial THEY of anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom