Top 25 Analysis: Season Preview | The Boneyard

Top 25 Analysis: Season Preview

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Agreed. Thought Chantel Jennings and Sabreena Merchant took advantage of a nice formatting tool to offer readers cogent information that one can go back to as a resource.

By and large, no major gripes this far out. If anything, it gives me a chance to get up to speed on this particular teams. The only "missing" team that comes to mind is, perhaps, Kansas State University.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Thought Chantel Jennings and Sabreena Merchant took advantage of a nice formatting tool to offer readers cogent information that one can go back to as a resource.

By and large, no major gripes this far out. If anything, it gives me a chance to get up to speed on this particular teams. The only "missing" team that comes to mind is, perhaps, Kansas State University.
I agree, no major gripes. I may be slightly bias but I do believe 1 and 2 are the consensus top 2 in wcbb. But after them two it's interesting how wide open it is. I'm basically all in on UCLA but I'm surprised this article has them as high as 3, and Creme earlier this week had them as an number one seed. I thought Stanford at 18 was a bit pushing it. I think Washington State should be a top 25 team virtually all year. I felt bamboozled as I was all in last year on Texas so 10 seemed a bit high but this is pretty nitpicky. Job well done and it's encouraging how many comments have already been left on the article.

Reaction Score
Can a subscriber give us the list without the comments?

Asking for a friend. ;) Me.
You didn't hear it from me.

1 LSU
2 UConn
3 UCLA
4 South Carolina
5 Utah
6 Iowa
7 Ohio State
8 Virginia Tech
9 Indiana
10 Texas
11 Notre Dame
12 Tennessee
13 North Carolina
14 Ole Miss
15 Maryland
16 Florida State
17 Colorado
18 Standord
19 Louisville
20 Baylor
21 Illinois
22 USC
23 N.C. State
24 Creighton
25 Texas A&M

Also considered were Arizona, Duke and Kansas State

Reaction Score
No Washington State in TOP 25 makes this a complete joke

Reaction Score
I think that Washington State is a dangerous team as evidenced by their Pac-12 tourney championship last season; however, I view them as an up and down team - as evidenced by their loss to Florida Gulf Coast in the NCAA's combined with earlier losses to a weaker BYU team and Washington. For the record, Wazzu didn't even finish in the Top 25 last season. I do think there's reason for optimism in Pullman as the arrival of Beyonce' Bea should give the Cougars a fabulous new offensive weapon if she can give anywhere close to what she produced at Idaho. I think Wazzu will be in the conversation for the Top 25 early on; however, I don't think it's egregious that someone left them off their list. We won't really know much about Wazzu until they play Gonzaga, Maryland, or even South Dakota State.

Reaction Score
You didn't hear it from me.

1 LSU
2 UConn
3 UCLA
4 South Carolina
5 Utah
6 Iowa
7 Ohio State
8 Virginia Tech
9 Indiana
10 Texas
11 Notre Dame
12 Tennessee
13 North Carolina
14 Ole Miss
15 Maryland
16 Florida State
17 Colorado
18 Standord
19 Louisville
20 Baylor
21 Illinois
22 USC
23 N.C. State
24 Creighton
25 Texas A&M

Also considered were Arizona, Duke and Kansas State
I predict my Mississippi State Bulldogs break into the Top 25 before the new year.

Reaction Score
My Oregon Ducks didn't make the cut? That Pac 12 should be very interesting this season.

Reaction Score
My Oregon Ducks didn't make the cut? That Pac 12 should be very interesting this season.
I like the style of play in the Pac 12. I don't have a particular favorite, but, as a Vandy fan, I do get some vicarious satisfaction from seeing a school like Stanford succeed on a national level. I really hope one of those teams wins the national championship in football this year. Seems fitting.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think that Washington State is a dangerous team as evidenced by their Pac-12 tourney championship last season; however, I view them as an up and down team - as evidenced by their loss to Florida Gulf Coast in the NCAA's combined with earlier losses to a weaker BYU team and Washington. For the record, Wazzu didn't even finish in the Top 25 last season. I do think there's reason for optimism in Pullman as the arrival of Beyonce' Bea should give the Cougars a fabulous new offensive weapon if she can give anywhere close to what she produced at Idaho. I think Wazzu will be in the conversation for the Top 25 early on; however, I don't think it's egregious that someone left them off their list. We won't really know much about Wazzu until they play Gonzaga, Maryland, or even South Dakota State.

Some of their up and down play should to be forgiven because Leger-Walker missed several games going home to deal with a family matter. She missed 4 games and they lost all 4 IIRC. The Tourney game...yeah, they need to win a post season game already. 3 straight appearances, 3 straight 1 and dones.

Reaction Score
Don't kill me but I don't see l$u being as dominate this season especially with Angel having to play the 5 position and the lost of 5th year seniors Williams and Morris. Plus the scouting report is out on their players
20230714_175144.jpg

Reaction Score
In a Pac-12 thread I had UCLA, Utah, Stanford, Colorado, and Arizona fighting it out for the First Division. Looking over the USC Trojans roster, though, with 6 of the top 8 rotation returning (including the excellent big Rayah Marshall) AND adding Juju Watkins, they seem to be a title contender as well .

Oregon, Ore State, WSU, and Washington ( the PNW Schools!) look to me as Second Division... I'd love to be proven wrong. Each would have a shot at better placement by virtue of an acceptable road record (very difficult). AZ State and Cal bring up the rear until proven otherwise.

Road trips in the conference will be a nightmare for everybody IMO.

Reaction Score
Don't kill me but I don't see l$u being as dominate this season especially with Angel having to play the 5 position and the lost of 5th year seniors Williams and Morris. Plus the scouting report is out on their players View attachment 91720
There were a few crucial times last season when A Morris seemed to “will” things to happen. She also was a very good perimeter defender. LSU also needs someone to step up in the post. A Reese and A Morrow are excellent rebounders but they still need someone with size.

Reaction Score
Charlisse was there for the loss to BYU - Box Score
Leger-Walker also poured in 40 in the loss to Washington Box Score

She definitely missed some games due to the situation in New Zealand, but it's inaccurate to say that those more concerning losses happened without her.

Reaction Score
Don't kill me but I don't see l$u being as dominate this season especially with Angel having to play the 5 position and the lost of 5th year seniors Williams and Morris. Plus the scouting report is out on their players View attachment 91720
We shall see what develops. LSU, like any team, will face some challenges but if the LSU players buy in and develop that chemistry, they will be okay and be that dominating team. I see them finishing in the top 5 of the top 25 programs in the nation.

Reaction Score
In a Pac-12 thread I had UCLA, Utah, Stanford, Colorado, and Arizona fighting it out for the First Division. Looking over the USC Trojans roster, though, with 6 of the top 8 rotation returning (including the excellent big Rayah Marshall) AND adding Juju Watkins, they seem to be a title contender as well .

Oregon, Ore State, WSU, and Washington ( the PNW Schools!) look to me as Second Division... I'd love to be proven wrong. Each would have a shot at better placement by virtue of an acceptable road record (very difficult). AZ State and Cal bring up the rear until proven otherwise.

Road trips in the conference will be a nightmare for everybody IMO.
Yup. Them road games are going to be tough.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Charlisse was there for the loss to BYU - Box Score
Leger-Walker also poured in 40 in the loss to Washington Box Score

She definitely missed some games due to the situation in New Zealand, but it's inaccurate to say that those more concerning losses happened without her.
Well, Washington beat Stanford last year too, so they weren't exactly chopped liver.

Reaction Score
We shall see what develops. LSU, like any team, will face some challenges but if the LSU players buy in and develop that chemistry, they will be okay and be that dominating team. I see them finishing in the top 5 of the top 25 programs in the nation.
after seeing angel getting demolished by Cardoso she's their center now and morrow at 6 feet tall. lsu need help in the post and that's critical in the SEC I believe their in trouble. I seen morrow defense against uconn post players and they had their way with her. I see foul trouble in the post.

Reaction Score
LSU got great players but it feels kind of like trying to put round pegs in square holes. I am hesitant to believe that their skills will be optimized because of the places where the team needs assistance. Van Lith is a SG but will most likely have to be a combo guard at LSU and play some minutes at PG. And, Morrow will have to primarily play the 4 or split minutes with Flaujae, leaving LSU with the choice to have a lineup that leaves one of her best players on the bench (splitting minutes at the 3 between Flaujae and Morrow) or outputting a team with height concerns against the best of the best (Morrow primarily playing the 4 and Reece at the 5).

Reaction Score
LSU got great players but it feels kind of like trying to put round pegs in square holes. I am hesitant to believe that their skills will be optimized because of the places where the team needs assistance. Van Lith is a SG but will most likely have to be a combo guard at LSU and play some minutes at PG. And, Morrow will have to primarily play the 4 or split minutes with Flaujae, leaving LSU with the choice to have a lineup that leaves one of her best players on the bench (splitting minutes at the 3 between Flaujae and Morrow) or outputting a team with height concerns against the best of the best (Morrow primarily playing the 4 and Reece at the 5).
Imo l just went out a purchased players. They got a shooting guard who has never played point guard and a 6 foot undersized post to play in the sec where the post players are huge.. They needed a point guard and center to replace morris and williams.

Reaction Score

I liked this article about k state. Their coach seems to really think they can win the big 12. I do want to see more clips of Yokie on the floor before I predict their ceiling.

Reaction Score

I liked this article about k state. Their coach seems to really think they can win the big 12. I do want to see more clips of Yokie on the floor before I predict their ceiling.

I thought they had one of the more dynamic guard groups in the Big 12 last year with Gregory/Sundell/the Glenns. Without Lee, they just had zero interior presence to complement it and got dominated anytime their jump shots weren’t falling. They kind of played like a poor man’s Creighton, except Creighton played in a smaller league and at least had Ronsiek to moonlight as a 5.

Lee’s injury was terribly unfortunate, but given the load the guards had to carry last year, I’m guessing KSU comes out of it better off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom