Tomorrow’s game is also postponed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tomorrow’s game is also postponed

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know what? Its out of our control. At some point we will get all the games in. We may be playing alot of games in a shorter period of time but we will get them in. With that said this is terrible. Looking forward to a game and then they cancel it. Hey gotta do whats best for everyone. You dont wanna play with peoples health.

Reaction Score
UConn not looking for a game this time because the next 2 games were postponed because UConn may have been exposed during its last game. I would think that if no one tests positive in the next 3 days or so then they might be allowed to try to reschedule. If someone does test positive...

Reaction Score
Well, there is something called school.
Most students are having classes online because of COVID. Also, student athletes are away regularly during the academic year because of road games. If they can make it work then, why not now?

Reaction Score
I have to give praise, respect, and kudos to all of the teams this year. Teams that decided to end their seasons before or during, crazy respect! Teams that are still trying to push through, crazy respect. These players, coaches, programs, and the athlete departments across the land have to be exhausted at the end of the day!

You spend so much time putting time into practice, game planning, and finding teams to play. Go to bed at night. Hoping and praying that when you wake up, the game is still on. Then you spend those waking hours on pins and needles, hoping and praying that come game time, you still have a game. Then you spend those last seconds, praying that you can play a game and get through it all. Props and praise to all teams. In or out. Crazy respect.

Reaction Score
20 of Ohio State’s roster players were unavailable due to testing positive or contact tracing. B1G appealed to postpone the game for a week, and were denied. So Ohio State appealed to Alabama and were told, “We played 11 games and took care of our business - go pound sand.” So they played anyway.
Thanks for the explanation - Jingo

Reaction Score
The NCAA just has to see some sense and at least pause the tournament until May or June. Many teams are going to find it hard to get 13 games in by March, and even if they do how prepared are they with so few games under their belt with weeks sometimes between games? The way it's going now is just not feasible for the players and not workable for good basketball.
Pause for what reason, and why May or June?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Can someone answer this question:

Is there any evidence that someone can have repeated negative tests and be communicable? UConn played PC on Saturday, so this game is four days later. Instant tests are not infallible, but they're actually very good, and from what I've read false positives outweigh false negatives. I would think two negative tests since the possible exposure should be adequate.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Pause for what reason, and why May or June?
First, by that time most schools will have enough games under their belt. Players need those repetitions in order to really become a team. Secondly by that time some if not most people in and around WCBB will have been inoculated. Personally I like June.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm not aware of single Sporting Event where Covid19 virus has spread between competitors of different teams. IMO just because Providence shut down their activity that doesn't mean that the Seton Hall vs UConn game should be postponed. IF all UConn and Seton Hall players passed the Covid19 protocols that game should be played. Has the Big East previously postponed games as a precaution when both teams have passed Covid19 Protocols. If this is the new standard, then they won't complete the schedule.

Reaction Score
It seems odd to me that Alabama & Ohio State were able to play last night without a single positive test among the hundreds of players/staff .. mebbe bcuz the colleges make BIG money on football, waaay less on women's basketball. Thus, I smell a rat, eh?
Ohio State had 3 defensive starters out and a total of 12 people affected by Covid.

Reaction Score
They already gave players the extra season. It's time to postpone it for the health and safety of the student athletes. They have an extra year. Playing it out shouldn't be necessary or a priority.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So if the Jan 19 Butler game winds up being cancelled and no game is added, the TN game on Jan 21 would be the game where Geno would have the opportunity to overtake Pat Summitt. :eek::eek::eek:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
AAC struggling just like everyone else. SMU WBB has opted out of the entire season after starting 0-6.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
To play or not to play, that appears to be the question. I listened to the head infectious disease DR. from John Hopkins U this morning the most telling fact he talked about. To date there are 200 young people 20 years and younger who have died from covid, in every case all had co-morbidities, every one with serious health problems. Do we then tell our very healthy college athletes to can all organized sports? Is there a real point to doing so?
Were the season ended do any of you think that our WCBB Husky players would not be at the gym working on their game, not likely IMO. Keep as much as possible normal, let the process play out. The players at UCOON and elsewhere are at one of the safest places they could be. They are fine tuned and need an outlet for their energy and competitive nature. Don't tell them they can't play because Duke will not play or some other team won't play. If science dictates the end of the season so be it, so far that's not the case. Let em play, they will adjust just like we will. :cool:

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
To play or not to play, that appears to be the question. I listened to the head infectious diseases from John Hopkins U this morning the most telling fact he talked about. To date there are 200 young people 20 years and younger who have died from covid, in every case all had co-morbidities, every one with serious health problems. Do we then tell our very healthy college athletes to can all organized sports? Is there a real point to doing so?
Were the season ended do any of you think that our WCBB Husky players would not be at the gym working on their game, not likely IMO. Keep as much as possible normal, let the process play out. The players at UCOON and elsewhere are at one of the safest places they could be. They are fine tuned and need an outlet for their energy and competitive nature. Don't tell them they can't play because Duke will not play or some other team won't play. If science dictates the end of the season so be it, so far that's not the case. Let em play, they will adjust just like we will. :cool:
What about the coaching staff who are well pass 20 something and whose risk of dying is considerable more than the player death rates cited?

Reaction Score
Can someone answer this question:

Is there any evidence that someone can have repeated negative tests and be communicable? UConn played PC on Saturday, so this game is four days later. Instant tests are not infallible, but they're actually very good, and from what I've read false positives outweigh false negatives. I would think two negative tests since the possible exposure should be adequate.
“You may test negative if the sample was collected early in your infection and test positive later during this illness.”

For the PCR test: “The rate of false negatives — a test that says you don’t have the virus when you actually do have the virus — varies depending on how long infection has been present: in one study, the false-negative rate was 20% when testing was performed five days after symptoms began, but much higher (up to 100%) earlier in infection.”

For the Antigen test: “False negative results tend to occur more often with antigen tests than with molecular tests.”

That info (and more) can be found here.

That said, false positives can still occur. You can read more about why that might occur here.

Reaction Score
The solution? Get these teams healthy, quarantine, then get in one location to play each other round-robin style. Aim to play 3-5 games in a span of 10 days. I have to think most BE coaches would be in favor...specially tournament hopefuls like Uconn, Villanova, and Marquette.
Move all Big East teams to Mohegan Sun for 2 weeks and play a number of games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know what? Its out of our control. At some point we will get all the games in. We may be playing alot of games in a shorter period of time but we will get them in. With that said this is terrible. Looking forward to a game and then they cancel it. Hey gotta do whats best for everyone. You dont wanna play with peoples health.
Exactly. It is annoying as heck to miss these games, but not the most important issue in the big scheme of things.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
What about the coaching staff who are well pass 20 something and whose risk of dying is considerable more than the player death rates cited?
They are in a very restricted environment, tested regularly, in effect as much of a bubble as possible. If they do what they should and don't do things like mingle with the wrong people on holidays, follow guide lines distance, wear masks the chances of infection appears to be small. In any case if any coach or staff feels at risk they can opt out. Life is a craps shoot, we should all do the best we can.
Question back to you, do you know of any coach who has died from covid? My guess that their rate if any is much smaller than the national average for their age group. Whatever, it is a question I will try and find the answer to... Stay safe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom