Tomorrow’s game is also postponed | The Boneyard

Tomorrow’s game is also postponed

Reaction Score
2F4A64E3-3374-4C13-B1B1-11195FE37DA6.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a mess. Can't imagine how frustrated the players must feel. 1 game in close to 4 weeks. If we have next Tuesday's game, it will be 2 games in 4 weeks.

Reaction Score
The Big East is a mess. Only Butler and Providence have played as many conference
games as UConn.

HGN

Reaction Score
Can't be . Not again ?? Somebody shake me, slap me , throw some cold water on me , please wake me up !........I know I must be having a nightmare !

Reaction Score
The solution? Get these teams healthy, quarantine, then get in one location to play each other round-robin style. Aim to play 3-5 games in a span of 10 days. I have to think most BE coaches would be in favor...specially tournament hopefuls like Uconn, Villanova, and Marquette.

Reaction Score
Can't get away from this topic. It's a great idea to concentrate on conference play first and foremost but looks like teams should be able to go and look for games from outside the conference, if available. Start a "portal" for teams wanting a pick up game and go from there.

Reaction Score
Can't get away from this topic. It's a great idea to concentrate on conference play first and foremost but looks like teams should be able to go and look for games from outside the conference, if available. Start a "portal" for teams wanting a pick up game and go from there.
The problem with this is the different testing protocols between the conferences as well. What works for UConn, might not be the same standard at Hartford. At this juncture, it’s probably preferred to stay within conference rather than introducing other OOC elements at the drop of a hat. There’s lots of logistics that go into a game at the moment with travel, texting, etc.

Reaction Score
The problem with this is the different testing protocols between the conferences as well. What works for UConn, might not be the same standard at Hartford. At this juncture, it’s probably preferred to stay within conference rather than introducing other OOC elements at the drop of a hat. There’s lots of logistics that go into a game at the moment with travel, texting, etc.
It seems odd to me that Alabama & Ohio State were able to play last night without a single positive test among the hundreds of players/staff .. mebbe bcuz the colleges make BIG money on football, waaay less on women's basketball. Thus, I smell a rat, eh?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The NCAA just has to see some sense and at least pause the tournament until May or June. Many teams are going to find it hard to get 13 games in by March, and even if they do how prepared are they with so few games under their belt with weeks sometimes between games? The way it's going now is just not feasible for the players and not workable for good basketball.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
It seems odd to me that Alabama & Ohio State were able to play last night without a single positive test among the hundreds of players/staff .. mebbe bcuz the colleges make BIG money on football, waaay less on women's basketball. Thus, I smell a rat, eh?

Probably much stricter protocol in football than WCBB. Especially with the championship just around the corner. A lot of football players intentionally got covid over the summer so they'd be in the clear come fall.

Hopefully we are experiencing the worst of covid now. Once the Christmas and NYE wave calms down, plus a smoother vaccine rollout will numbers improve and less games being canceled. We shall see though.

Reaction Score
so what exactly does this mean? Someone on Providence players or staff tested positive, or just might have been exposed? Does UConn now have to also pause for 14 days or 10 days, or until they all get tested? I guess we will just have to wait and find out in a few days.

Reaction Score
Other conferences do not appear to be taking as many precautonary measures as the Big East...I am not complaining..It worries me that other schools are be too lacked with the rules...or am I missing something?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom