Tomorrow’s game is also postponed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tomorrow’s game is also postponed

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Just trying to avoid reality. It’s a virus. And the spread is worse now than when the season was supposed to start. The vaccine distribution has been messed up which affects many people associated with these programs more directly than it does the players. Every sport has been impacted since late fall. It sucks but hopefully by summer things will be getting under control.

Reaction Score
Didn't the Big East do extensive planning and research on going to a bubble format? Aren't we at the point where those plans should be instituted?

Reaction Score
do we know what the big east rules are? If anyone in our program has been exposed to a person with Covid do we have to shut down, even if our player keeps testing negative? or is it if they are exposed to someone who was exposed to a person who had Covid? Does it matter if the contact was 50 seconds or 3 hours? As I understand it last night both teams played when each team had players out with Covid. I think they mentioned Ohio State starting offensive linemen missing the game, but the other players were still fine to play? this makes no sense. seems like if there is just short term exposure to an actual case, you shut down till you can test, but if it is just short term exposure to someone who was exposed but did not test positive, maybe you test but you don't shut down. I see our grocery store open every day, and I would bet with all those people in the store there is way more passing of the virus. And I believe in Ct we still have indoor dining. End of irrational rant. Time to go home and have a drink. It must be 5 somewhere. Oh wait, it is 5 here.

Reaction Score
It seems odd to me that Alabama & Ohio State were able to play last night without a single positive test among the hundreds of players/staff .. mebbe bcuz the colleges make BIG money on football, waaay less on women's basketball. Thus, I smell a rat, eh?
CFB teams don’t list the reasons a player is out but Ohio State‘s kicker said he tested positive.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As fans we are getting a proverbial beating in this herky jerky season for sure. But I feel most terrible for these young athletes of ours and I wish there was some visible way we could show them our support and affection.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It almost feels as if whoever wins the NC it will feel tainted; maybe not the team that wins, but to all other teams.
Almost feels. If there is a championship though the team that wins that banner will rise that thing high. No doubt.

Reaction Score
I can see it now. UConn lurches through the season, winning the games it plays and not being able to play the really tough ones. Finishes the season something like, oh, let's say 18-0. Goes to the tournament and, untested by serious competition, loses to (fill in the blank -- SC, Lville, Stamford). Not because they are really a lesser team, but because they didn't get to face the competition that Geno hoped they would, and that they needed ti improve the way a Geno team ordinarily would..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
so what exactly does this mean? Someone on Providence players or staff tested positive, or just might have been exposed? Does UConn now have to also pause for 14 days or 10 days, or until they all get tested? I guess we will just have to wait and find out in a few days.
I'm not sure what the heck it means but South Carolina recently paused and that pause only lasted 3 days.
I still think the adults need to step in and have an extended pause- just not fair to be putting these kids through this.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can see it now. UConn lurches through the season, winning the games it plays and not being able to play the really tough ones. Finishes the season something like, oh, let's say 18-0. Goes to the tournament and, untested by serious competition, loses to (fill in the blank -- SC, Lville, Stamford). Not because they are really a lesser team, but because they didn't get to face the competition that Geno hoped they would, and that they needed ti improve the way a Geno team ordinarily would..
:eek: If UCONN WBB loses to Stamford we are in big trouble. :D Given the unknown and untested I'd still bet on Geno.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It seems odd to me that Alabama & Ohio State were able to play last night without a single positive test among the hundreds of players/staff .. mebbe bcuz the colleges make BIG money on football, waaay less on women's basketball. Thus, I smell a rat, eh?
I guess you didn't hear any of the discussion by the announcers of players left home due to positive tests? Can we not by cynical about a deadly pandemic?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It almost feels as if whoever wins the NC it will feel tainted; maybe not the team that wins, but to all other teams.
I didn't feel or detect any taint last night when Alabama was celebrating. In fact many of the players and coaches said the COVID experience made it more special and bonded the team together in a way it otherwise could not have.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Basketball is an escape from the unspeakable (off Boneyard limits) things going on in the country BUT, the Celtics season is effectively on hold, Husky WBB effectively on hold, Friday's UConn men's game postponed (fingers crossed for Monday).... Football? Pats and UConn are long gone. I keep trying to count my blessings and remember we aren't the first generation to face adversity. I have a roof over my head, food on the table, family who loves me and a fair degree of health. Better off than many, many people... that really should be all anyone needs, right?........

Sad Normal People GIF by BBC Three
..... Right???

Reaction Score
While i hate it as a fan, i feel real bad for the players and coaches. It must feel like hell for them.

Reaction Score
20 of Ohio State’s roster players were unavailable due to testing positive or contact tracing. B1G appealed to postpone the game for a week, and were denied. So Ohio State appealed to Alabama and were told, “We played 11 games and took care of our business - go pound sand.” So they played anyway.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
25+ years of UConn archives.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I feel sorry for all students period........my daughter's freshman college year has been spent in our living room not in her class room or dorm.......
Yep, but they are young and resilient, with little chance of lasting physical damage if infected. Not so for many ole farts. Vaccinate us all, please hurry running out of cool aide.

Reaction Score
:eek: If UCONN WBB loses to Stamford we are in big trouble. :D Given the unknown and untested I'd still bet on Geno.
The UConn women are not likely to loose to Stamford in the foreseeable future. They might(not by my eye, but apparently by some) lose to Stanford again some day.
Old Leland Stanford would not be happy with anyone messing with his name.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Can't be . Not again ?? Somebody shake me, slap me , throw some cold water on me , please wake me up !........I know I must be having a nightmare !
All through this long and sleepless night, I hear my neighbors talking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom