Tomorrow’s game is also postponed | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tomorrow’s game is also postponed

Reaction Score
As much as I hate seeing all these games cancelled, and I very much do, it wasn't so long ago, say May, that live sports almost totally disappeared from TV. When pro tennis started having a few matches from secluded courts that were deserted excepting the players it was great to have something in the way of sports to watch. Now it is a hassle for sports to get games in but I've been able to watch basketball, football and tennis among others live. Sure, no fans in the seats, but far better than I would have guessed last spring.

This is an Alice in Wonderland season, where up is down and the mad hatter messes with our heads - it too shall pass. Any games we get in are gravy and appreciated. Next year business as usual.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Most students are having classes online because of COVID. Also, student athletes are away regularly during the academic year because of road games. If they can make it work then, why not now?
The NCAA has rules about the number of hours/days the STUDENT-athletes can devote to basketball

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
“You may test negative if the sample was collected early in your infection and test positive later during this illness.”

For the PCR test: “The rate of false negatives — a test that says you don’t have the virus when you actually do have the virus — varies depending on how long infection has been present: in one study, the false-negative rate was 20% when testing was performed five days after symptoms began, but much higher (up to 100%) earlier in infection.”

For the Antigen test: “False negative results tend to occur more often with antigen tests than with molecular tests.”

That info (and more) can be found here.

That said, false positives can still occur. You can read more about why that might occur here.
Thanks, that's good information.

Reaction Score
I've seen several comments on Louisville message boards that go something like "Team X has cancelled, supposedly because of Covid, but it's really because we would have crushed them."

Are you kidding me? Players, coaches and administrators want to play. If the above were true, WBB would be reduced to 20-30 teams playing each other all season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Some games rescheduled for February

The Huskies will now host Seton Hall on Feb. 10 (6:30 p.m.) and travel to play Xavier on Feb. 20, the Big East Conference announced Thursday. Both games will be televised by SNY.

In a separate article,

Reached for comment Wednesday, Big East women’s basketball senior associate commissioner Tracy Ellis-Ward maintained that the conference’s plan is to reschedule and play as many games as possible.

“Every effort is being made to reschedule postponed games, while also respecting the scheduling format agreed upon by our schools, particularly in the matter of density,” Ellis-Ward said. “At this point we are not altering our plan, but we remain open to pivoting should the circumstances demand it. Our goal remains for all teams to play the maximum number of Big East games possible within the current time constraints, however recognizing that amount may vary due to the impact of the virus.

Guess they are not thinking bubble? :(

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Sue B last night stated the teams that have cancelled their seasons know they were not very good and were not playing for any chance at post season play.
A local team BC football played a full season approximately 10000 tests 2 positives nobody hospitalized. Across the nation thousands of football players, zero hospitalized.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom