Tom Moore | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tom Moore

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Blaney was the Yin to Calhoun's Yang.
very well put actually. Unlike Calhoun whod be screaming his ehad off at a bad stretch or half, Blaney always just stood their quietly and expressionless with his arms crossed. He probably had the role of "I'm not mad I'm just disappointed" dad good cop bad cop angle with JC.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I kinda miss Blaney.. always seemed like a good bball mind, won some big games filling in for Calhoun, namely #1 Texas in '10.

I thought there was a noticeable drop-off between JC and Blaney during that stretch, or whenever he stepped in because JC had the runs (which seemed to happen at least once a year), but that's to be expected. That always happens when a HC takes time off. In any event, I agree he was a good influence in JC and brought a wealth of knowledge.

Reaction Score
I'm thrilled to read how you guys view Tom Moore with the news that he will be joining the URI staff. There had been a rumor that he'd been at the practices for a while now, but I think with how the state of RI works he can't officially be named to the staff until July 1st.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm thrilled to read how you guys view Tom Moore with the news that he will be joining the URI staff. There had been a rumor that he'd been at the practices for a while now, but I think with how the state of RI works he can't officially be named to the staff until July 1st.
Hey, thanks for the info
NEXT............................

Reaction Score
Ollie should have enough depth next year that if he doesn't like the effort he can use a sideline chair as a motivational tool. This year, with most games being 6-7-8 players available wasn't the year for that. And still he got the team playing with energy at the end.
Next years team at least on paper is better than ,although similar to the 2013 team.
KO coached that team up , so if he can't do it this year. I would be concerned KO no longer has his heart in the game. Time will tell.
I believe last year was an anomaly which could have been mitigated somewhat by adding an experienced secondary ball handler to take pressure off Adams.
Even Kemba had off ball time. The successive transfers of TSam and even Hamilton without replacing them left us in bad shape . Maybe Hamilton blindsided them but somebody should have been on it
We knew in enough time to get a post grad as insurance against Gilbert.
You can't tell me we couldn't get someone at least as good as Evans .
Would we have made the tourney ,I don't know ,but we certainly would have made the NIT even without Larrier,Gilbert,and Diarra.
Maybe even the naysayers on the board would be less vocal/ S

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
He's a good coach and a great guy. URI might want to turn the program over to him if/when Hurley bolts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good pick up for you in my opinion. As I've posted elsewhere, I'd love to see a resurrected URI hoops program.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We know he was a good as an assistant coach. A head coach is a different story. Actually, of JR's proteges, there has not been a lot of success as head coaches.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Knowing Tom, he will put in about two months of work between now and July 1, when apparently its official.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We know he was a good as an assistant coach. A head coach is a different story. Actually, of JR's proteges, there has not been a lot of success as head coaches.

JR = JC

Reaction Score
Would love to have him back. Great recruiter, and would bring some actual toughness back to the program.

We can do better than Moore, Rather keep Killings has much more to offer. This is not a D2 program.

Reaction Score
Moore is probably the best assistant coach in UConn history between basketball acumen, recruiting results and motivating players.

If KO doesn't work out, AD Dave will be taking a hard look at the URI staff as an option if they continue to build. I can pretty much guaranty you AD Dave has spoken with Tom about the UConn program in general to get his read on things. I suspect it may have happened when he "visited" the football team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom