OT: - Toasters | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Toasters

Reaction Score
My steam iron. Cuz I'm ghetto and I want to fill your screens with a bunch of steam iron advertisements.

0_tsrkkHMA93rU_9QR.jpg

Reaction Score
Speaking of gluten free pizza crusts, is there such thing as a good one? I'm currently not eating wheat but have had a pizza craving

It's not New Haven apizza, but Against the Grain is the only frozen GF pizza I will eat and as a pizza snob I'm a little embarrassed to say that I like it. I'm not GF but most of my family is. I normally find something else to eat on pizza nights but I'll eat an Against the Grain pizza anytime.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
cooks or reheats?

She cooks these small lamb chops in the toaster oven. She reheats all kinds of other food in there, too. She also cooks fish sticks in the toaster oven, so I guess we could argue about whether that’s cooking or reheating? Basically, in her mind, if it’s a small meat, it goes in the toaster oven.

I’m flipping obsessed with toast and it kills me that she seasons my toaster oven with meat grease.

Reaction Score
She cooks these small lamb chops in the toaster oven. She reheats all kinds of other food in there, too. She also cooks fish sticks in the toaster oven, so I guess we could argue about whether that’s cooking or reheating? Basically, in her mind, if it’s a small meat, it goes in the toaster oven.

I’m flipping obsessed with toast and it kills me that she seasons my toaster oven with meat grease.
I reheat foods in the toaster oven all the time but I'd never cook raw food in it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I reheat foods in the toaster oven all the time but I'd never cook raw food in it.
I do. Cook in a foil lined tray. It's so much more convenient than to pre-heat the big oven.

Reaction Score
Not really but Whole Foods sells a cauliflower crust pizza that is pretty dang good for what it is. (It's not just cauliflower -- it has other stuff in it like rice flour.) Caulipower is the brand.
If you like it. You like it. I can't even imagine.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What?

He's politely saying it's disgusting, and only people with no taste buds or sense of smell would even be in the same room as a cauliflower pizza.

It's likely very popular with bulimics, so I guess that's something.

Reaction Score
Speaking of gluten free pizza crusts, is there such thing as a good one? I'm currently not eating wheat but have had a pizza craving

Look up the recipe for fathead pizza dough. It should do the the trick. And if you’re in CT and near Avon, go to Pure Love Bakery. They have fresh gf dough in the fridge. Best I’ve ever had.

Reaction Score
These guys are in Bloomfield. You can order online or visit one of the restaurants they serve. Their crust get's great reviews. I designed their bakery.:rolleyes:

Still Riding

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Really need to separate toaster from toaster oven.

Toaster ovens are a wonderfully versatile cooking appliance for small meals.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He's politely saying it's disgusting, and only people with no taste buds or sense of smell would even be in the same room as a cauliflower pizza.

It's likely very popular with bulimics, so I guess that's something.

JMick asked for advice, I gave it.

Some people have taste buds, a sense of smell, and dietary restrictions and/or a willingness to try new things. But those people don't win "macho internet points" I guess.

For your information, it has a very pleasant flavor, no odor, and is a lot better than a lot of "flatbreads" I've had. And much better than most non-wheat flour pizza crusts.

Reaction Score
My wife just bought a 4 slicer at Costco on sale.
I just canned a 7-8 year old $20 Hamilton Beach that was in perfect working order.
Apparently not having all four slices of her muffin equally warm was just unendurable.
While at least she gave up on flying Thomas’ Corn bread muffins in from Connecticut. Apparently the’re pretty good.
Toaster ovens are a non starter as they take up too much valuable counter space.
The only way to re-heat pizza is with a stone in a real oven

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My wife just bought a 4 slicer at Costco on sale.
I just canned a 7-8 year old $20 Hamilton Beach that was in perfect working order.
Apparently not having all four slices of her muffin equally warm was just unendurable.
While at least she gave up on flying Thomas’ Corn bread muffins in from Connecticut. Apparently the’re pretty good.
Toaster ovens are a non starter as they take up too much valuable counter space.
The only way to re-heat pizza is with a stone in a real oven

Supposedly using a heavy skillet is a great method to reheating pizza- gets the crust crispy again and then throw a lid on for final minute to make sure toppings are sufficiently heated.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
i used to love those things as a kid. But she can make similar at home with a 39 cent box of Jiffy and just add sugar to her taste preference while mixing melted butter into the batter

Reaction Score
Supposedly using a heavy skillet is a great method to reheating pizza- gets the crust crispy again and then throw a lid on for final minute to make sure toppings are sufficiently heated.

it's the best way I've found. don't forget to put a tsp of water in the pan before you cover. it'll melt the cheese better

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Ive got a toaster with one clear side to it so you can babysit your e-muffs and pull them just as theyre barely brown and a lil doughy in the center.

Ive realized that the amount of time cinnamon raisen bread takes to go from perfectly brown to a smoldering pile of char is about 8 seconds.

Clear sided toaster keeps my breakfast game strong.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You have to play around with the heat to find the sweet spot. First try I burnt the crust before the toppings got hot. Once you have that down, try putting a bit of water in the skillet before closing the lid. The steam melts the cheese nicely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom