To win $100 tonight | The Boneyard

To win $100 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All you need to do is put down $66,000 on the UConn women to win -- and cross your fingers Texas doesn't become the Buster Douglas of WBB.
easy money.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No - you would lose $100

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
The lines for next week's games are going to be even more outlandish, I think.
UConn's the only #1 seed left and it's the first FF ever for the other three teams.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The one time Oregon St played UConn in women's hoops was in 1996. About a week ago the announcers were talking avbout how much more difficult UConn is when an opponent sees them for the first time.

This game could be somewhere between Duquense and Mississippi St.

Reaction Score
We are only a couple years removed from Baylor being the prohibitive favorite and Notre Dame beating us seven times in a row. The cycle shifted heavily to us as this Stewart-Jefferson-Tuck class got older and Notre Dame lost its stars. Next year, we probably won't be the favorites - and odds are pretty good that we'll never be this dominant again.

Reaction Score
We are only a couple years removed from Baylor being the prohibitive favorite and Notre Dame beating us seven times in a row. The cycle shifted heavily to us as this Stewart-Jefferson-Tuck class got older and Notre Dame lost its stars. Next year, we probably won't be the favorites - and odds are pretty good that we'll never be this dominant again.

As much as I think people would be surprised I believe the biggest loss moving into next year will be Jefferson. She kills the opponents she guards, drive the others team offense crazy and has been doing that. Yeah Stewart is the best, maybe the greatest, player in the college game but they have the pieces to make up for a lot of that. But to have someone who cuts the head off the dragon like Jefferson is really hard to come by and she's been doing it a long time. Obviously they will both be missed though, but Geno will find a way it will just be a much tougher road and it won't be paved.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I'm more interested in seeing the spreads for these games.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As much as I think people would be surprised I believe the biggest loss moving into next year will be Jefferson. She kills the opponents she guards, drive the others team offense crazy and has been doing that. Yeah Stewart is the best, maybe the greatest, player in the college game but they have the pieces to make up for a lot of that. But to have someone who cuts the head off the dragon like Jefferson is really hard to come by and she's been doing it a long time. Obviously they will both be missed though, but Geno will find a way it will just be a much tougher road and it won't be paved.
I think all three seniors make a case. How do your replace three of the top talent in women's bb? There is a reason why MoJeff can overplay her player - Stewart is there to erase mistakes. Both Tuck and Stewart can spread the floor. And Tuck has some moves that Ellis and Miller could admire. It's the triumvirate with a great supporting cast that has made this team so incredible. But even this triumvirate, with all their talent have demonstrated they are human. Stewart and MoJeff were tight this game and after sitting out the first half with two fouls it took a while for Tuck to regain her composure.

Nothing is certain in sports. I never would have expect Notre Dame to be bounced out before meeting UConn so UConn should be careful not to crown themselves yet.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year. I can't imagine Geno winning another NC or even getting to another final four with the triumvirate gone and the development of other teams. If he manages to get to another final four it will be a whale of a coaching feat.

Reaction Score
I think all three seniors make a case. How do your replace three of the top talent in women's bb? There is a reason why MoJeff can overplay her player - Stewart is there to erase mistakes. Both Tuck and Stewart can spread the floor. And Tuck has some moves that Ellis and Miller could admire. It's the triumvirate with a great supporting cast that has made this team so incredible. But even this triumvirate, with all their talent have demonstrated they are human. Stewart and MoJeff were tight this game and after sitting out the first half with two fouls it took a while for Tuck to regain her composure.

Nothing is certain in sports. I never would have expect Notre Dame to be bounced out before meeting UConn so UConn should be careful not to crown themselves yet.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year. I can't imagine Geno winning another NC or even getting to another final four with the triumvirate gone and the development of other teams. If he manages to get to another final four it will be a whale of a coaching feat.

Sorry I have to disagree here. Not sure on Tuck returning? But Samuelson is the next star, Collier looked like she was more than ready on a big stage last night and you still have Nurse, a really capable Chong if out of doghouse, Williams is an outright stud athlete and getting better every year and the #1 PG coming in from under Tennessee's nose. Add Butler a space eater and capable 15-20 minutes I wouldn't at all be surprised about another FF with Geno at the helm. A NC may surprise, but not really. If Tucks coming back then I almost think they are favored yet again.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Crazy thing about that kid, is she just might be the best point guard to ever play at UCONN, and that list includes Sue Bird.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I don't think Tuck has made the decision on whether she's coming back for her last (5th) year of eligibility yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom