To all those predicting our demise. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

To all those predicting our demise.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This team has actually exceeded my expectations.

1. 6-2 No bad losses.
2. Look where we were in April. Mass exodus.
3. Full roster hasn't clicked yet.
- No Cobb or MD (essentially) against the #1 team who won by beasting us and a player having the game of his life.
- No AG during some of the best offensive stretches of the season against Monmouth. (Not an accusation of AG).
- Vitale didn't really go to the PK80.
4. Lots of new, young pieces. Especially down low.
5. Did I mention no bad losses? We haven't lost to a preseason mid-major yet. The committee notices that.
6. Flashes of brilliance against MSU (defensively) and Monmouth (offensively).
7. Jalen, TL, Vitale and to an extent AG have all shown they could all put up big #'s.
8. Anderson has shown he can lockdown.
9. MD and Cobb have shown they can rebound. And even Carlton.
10. JA, AA, CV, TL and AG have all splashed the net at times. Up the percentage a little bit as they get their legs and the offense flows to catch and shoot and it can start raining.

Still a LONG way to get out of the woods, but no need to throw it in yet.

In defense of Ollie, and not complete justification, he needs more time with this new crop after a season of injuries and then exodus's. Plus a coach replacement. The potential is there.

On the flip side, AAC may be better than we think, and tougher to survive.
Not to be a Richard but anytime you lose by 35 it’s a bad loss.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There is a general malaise in CT right now.

The UConn budget, the football team, the conference, the state budget, the lack of growth of the state population, the state economy, etc. All of this has added up to a very sour feeling deep down inside of most of us. Believe me, I feel it too. And that general malaise is finding its way onto this message board and into our sports venues (or more to the point, NOT into our sports venues).

We just need something good to break for us. This is the same thing that I've said on the football board. Just get some good feelings going again. A win against Syracuse would certainly start those good feelings, and if we can sustain those good feelings, the board will begin to feel like a very different place. The sports venues will start to feel like different places. The evidence was this past weekend with the two games at the XL center.

Whether or not you feel Ollie is the right guy for us (I do), try to fight off the malaise. Try to fight off the urge to say, "to hell with it!" Continue to support the team and continue to let the athletes know that Husky Nation still has their backs...

Reaction Score
Wait, losing by 40 isn't a bad loss?

Many believe that a bad loss means losing to a bad team. Many don't care how much you win or lose by. Tell me the last time someone said with reference to two NBA teams, sure, team X had 50 wins and team Y only had 45, but look how much better team Y's margins of victories are.

I understand that margin of victory/defeat is useful for determining how good or bad a team is and how it might do in the future, but ultimately you win or you lose. The rest just fills time on talk radio.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The overreactions on both sides are hilarious, but I'm pretty tired of this 'if you're criticizing KO you're not supporting the team and you're not a real fan" schtick. Any lunatic willing to repeatedly visit this site to post things is clearly a UConn fan. The people on this board calling for KO's head aren't going to the game and booing UConn players or throwing batteries at the end of the bench. Let's chill out with calling out fans for being negative by saying they don't support the school or team.

What's lame is after every loss, heck every close win, it seems people are calling for KO's head. It's tiresome. We gotta do this the whole season? I'd love a voluntary moratorium on that, though I know many aren't interested. One guy looks unhappy -> KO's lost the team; he's gotta go.

I mean, at BEST, it does nothing, at worst it hurts fan perception with all the lurkers who read this place. At minimum it's annoying .

Reaction Score
Many believe that a bad loss means losing to a bad team. Many don't care how much you win or lose by. Tell me the last time someone said with reference to two NBA teams, sure, team X had 50 wins and team Y only had 45, but look how much better team Y's margins of victories are.

I understand that margin of victory/defeat is useful for determining how good or bad a team is and how it might do in the future, but ultimately you win or you lose. The rest just fills time on talk radio.
I'm in no way being sarcastic but I would say NBA wise the Golden State warriors vs Jordan's bulls for the win record comparing team a vs b and margin and styles of wins.

Reaction Score
First, I'm pessimistic about this season, moreso than last year. So you don't need to tell me about dissatisfaction.

But for the Fire Ollie people, let me ask you: what are you trying to accomplish?

Ollie's buyout is astronomical, the school's budget is being scalped by the state. He isn't going anywhere.

So what do you hope to accomplish?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let me translate -- nothing has changed since the first season he didn't win a National Championship. Seems sillier that way, doesn't it?
How long is that and that alone supposed to keep someone employed? Its not like he climbed a hill to get there - he started at the top and then fell right off

Reaction Score
i agree big picture with this post for the most part, especially with the need to support OUR guys. The attendence the last 2 games has been shameful.
i've been going to games since 1978 and even then we sere selling out the field house...... This was long before we even had a dream of
avoiding the 8/9 game at the big east championship ......The guys behind me Saturday were totally negative from the opening tip......i'm
sure that was none of you guys, but there's a ton negativity on this board.....thats fine, there's plenty to be upset about, but this is OUR team and
they need our support! lets try to get 8,000 Saturday - that sounds absurd doesn't it?

Reaction Score
First, I'm pessimistic about this season, moreso than last year. So you don't need to tell me about dissatisfaction.

But for the Fire Ollie people, let me ask you: what are you trying to accomplish?

Ollie's buyout is astronomical, the school's budget is being scaped by the state. He is going nowhere.

So what do you hope to accomplish?

I've been resigned to apahty ever since I saw the true buyout numbers. There's not much use complaining anymore.

Reaction Score
How long is that and that alone supposed to keep someone employed? Its not like he climbed a hill to get there - he started at the top and then fell right off

I don't know. I do know it's supposed to last long enough that saying he hasn't fixed anything since the first season he didn't win a championship is pretty silly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom