TN over ND | Page 9 | The Boneyard

TN over ND

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Yikes!! What will Muffit have to say now??

She has only herself to blame. Her personnel choices were baffling at times. Arike O was a train wreck the last five minutes. Westbeld guarded no one in the post. Some awful shot selection. Goodnight yall.

Reaction Score
Unlike so many of my fellow posters, I find it soooo much more fun to hate ND than UT. I don't know if our favorite team will get #12 this year or not, but if, in order to do it, they have to go through either of these two teams, I really like the Huskies' chances!

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is the better coached team by about a mile but there's something wrong I can't put my finger on. The players play hard but sometimes the Irish go into a weird funk offensively.

Nailed it.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If ND loses this game....they need to get kicked out of the ACC :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

crying%203.png

:mad::mad: I should drive over to ACC Headquarters in the morning

:p:D

Reaction Score
That shows you how bad they are. There's no consistency. If they played this hard the rest of the year they wouldn't have all the losses. And ND is NOT playing like a number 6 team tonight.

There's a difference between inconsistent (which TN is) and bad.

The difference lies with how into the game Diamond DeShields is mentally.

Reaction Score
Yes, certainly ND played horribly, and yes, Holly is clueless..... but hey congrats to her.... this is her biggest win in all her tenure, and congrats to the Lady Vols....

Great win everyone, and wonderful effort shown..... Credit where credit is due

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Well, we know ND won't be a one seed. I think the one seeds will be UCONN, Baylor, SC and Mississippi State, Washington, Maryland or FSU.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tennessee may not have an offensive system but they have talent and in this game, they showed some real intensity and made some key shots. On the other hand, I have never seen such passive defense by ND on the perimeter. I guess they thought that having Turner block shots was enough? Only Mabrey came to play. Really weird.

Reaction Score
At the end of the game Notre Dame looked like the team not sure what to do. Tennessee seemed to have some poise. The opposite of what I thought it would be. This is a turning point for Tennessee. If they can repeat this effort I think they can finish the conference strong.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, that sucked. Just a total disaster of a 4th quarter. No other way to put it. ND just collapsed.

Everything that could go wrong did. Couldn't make shots. Couldn't get defensive rebounds. Poor decision making. Fouled too much.

I'm sure some of it was Tennessee defensive adjustments but I don't know what happened to the offense in the 2nd half. After the slow start, it looked great for most of the first half. Just stopped running the offense properly in the 4th quarter.

To credit Tennessee, they did a great job of amping up their defensive pressure without fouling in the 2nd half. I might suggest that some of those plays would have been called differently at a neutral site or in South Bend.

Reaction Score
Looks like Pat was in the building tonight. Congratulations to the LVs for finding a way to win and scrapping back. They'll likely lose their next game but they should enjoy the win tonight.

Reaction Score
Yep, should be up 20 by now.

Too much one on one by both teams right now. Tennessee could win a street ball game, ND had better get it together.
Precisely. Notre Dame went into a period of one on one play and let Tennessee back into the game. The Irish looked like they panicked and played scared.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous. Tennessee was presented with so many offensive opportunities, but they clearly had no idea what to do. Could not get the ball to Russell, who should get it on every possession.

ND is shockingly disjointed. They've now been upset twice. I think they move to 9th or 10th in the polls tomorrow.

So after blowing the game against unranked Ole Miss, Tennessee takes out #6 ranked Notre Dame. Typical of a poorly coached team: gets up for the big games, but slacks off against mediocre competition.

Having said that, the win probably assures HW that she won't get fired. Yet.

Very surprising that ND can't get its act together. They were supposed to be stronger this year than last. An experienced back court in Arike and Allen. Two top recruits in the front court, and a strong post player (HS POY). So how is it they can't beat Tennessee, an unranked team that's lost six times?

Not impressed by either of them.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I am not so sure. I usually have great respect for ND and always consider them the toughest challenger to UConn. But I have been very underwhelmed by them this year for the first time in a long time. I am honestly not surprised they lost this game. I don't think Muffet is either.
I agree here. I complained earlier this year that ND seems to have gone the Louisville route of amassing talent and not giving enough consideration for character and team oriented players. Tonight ND looked like a collection of individuals that thinks talent means team. Only Allen and Nelson seem to really know their roles on this team. ND's outside shot, a strength of this team for years failed them. That Mabrey and Westbeld aren't particularly athletic doesn't help. Everyone else seems content to play 1 on 1. Consequently this team doesn't really have an identity. The assists/shots made ratio notwithstanding, does anyone see this as a good passing team? ND used to have the 2nd prettiest offense in the country. How did that disappear? The guards don't trust the shooters, the shooters can't create for themselves and their lack of athleticism outside of Allen, Turner, Ogunbowale and Young hurts them. When things get tough, where's the focus and execution? Who do they go to? Muffet's got a lot of 'splainin' to do.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well, that sucked. Just a total disaster of a 4th quarter. No other way to put it. ND just collapsed.
Everything that could go wrong did. Couldn't make shots. Couldn't get defensive rebounds. Poor decision making. Fouled too much.I'm sure some of it was Tennessee defensive adjustments but I don't know what happened to the offense in the 2nd half. After the slow start, it looked great for most of the first half. Just stopped running the offense properly in the 4th quarter.
To credit Tennessee, they did a great job of amping up their defensive pressure without fouling in the 2nd half. I might suggest that some of those plays would have been called differently at a neutral site or in South Bend.
I'm not trying to add to you misery but Arike is giving up more than she contributing. That has got to be fixed.

Reaction Score
Irish supporters will now appreciate Megan Walker's decision to deselect Notre Dame from her list of schools.
Today's 4Q was not worth a mass.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Never thought I'd find myself rooting for TN, but....

Guess I've finally reached the point where I dislike ND more than TN!
I didn't really care who won, as far as liking one team more than the other, but I usually like to watch the way ND runs its offense. The Irish can play such a pretty game that, given my druthers, I would prefer to watch over the LVs. Credit to Tennessee for forcing the Irish into their style of play. It's not great basketball but it got them the W.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom