Time for a Change | The Boneyard

Time for a Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So many of you know that I'm an Edsall apologista so take this for what it's worth. I want one and done with Coach P. Good guy but this team is a mess.

1. The D - Solve your problems with aggression? How about we solve them with fundamentals? There's a reason why Brown was let go from Maryland. Their D was a mess with fundamentals and now so is ours. Too many receivers running free, too many missed tackles and too many drive extending penalties. Enough with the slogans and get back to fundamenals.

2. The offensive line - just offensive. Johnny Mac threw for three bills tonight but who knew.

3. The specials are a mess. Teggart with more misses. Kick out bounds. Punting a mess. No kick returns at all.

Louisville stuck with Kragthorpe too long. Cuse stuck with G Rob too long. I am officially on record. Time for P to go.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No matter how correct you are, you are going to get lambasted for this.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm pretty much at this point. 3-4 in Big East and I'd keep him, but honestly, that isn't happening.

Reaction Score
So many of you know that I'm an Edsall apologista so take this for what it's worth. I want one and done with Coach P. Good guy but this team is a mess.

1. The D - Solve your problems with aggression? How about we solve them with fundamentals? There's a reason why Brown was let go from Maryland. Their D was a mess with fundamentals and now so is ours. Too many receivers running free, too many missed tackles and too many drive extending penalties. Enough with the slogans and get back to fundamenals.

2. The offensive line - just offensive. Johnny Mac threw for three bills tonight but who knew.

3. The specials are a mess. Teggart with more misses. Kick out bounds. Punting a mess. No kick returns at all.

Louisville stuck with Kragthorpe too long. Cuse stuck with G Rob too long. I am officially on record. Time for P to go.
Feel free to contact Burton.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They could lose out and he wouldn't be fired. Just saying.

Reaction Score
I agree, PP is beyond awful, but he's not leaving after 5 games unless it's his decision.

Reaction Score
It's not fair to P, he's playing with RE's guys right now. This is the same offense Oklahoma ran in the Fiesta, with just about the same results. Very very good QB, with receivers who catch. But I tend to agree that the kids might respond a little better to a dad than a grand dad. P is not a screamer, and we need some screaming right now. However, I'm not sure RE would be doing a better job with this level of talent.

Reaction Score
I was on board with this hiring...thought it was solid but there is nothing that I can point to that tells me that Coach P has this going in the right direction. There has been a step back in every facet of the game and this just feels a lot like Krags and G Rob to me. Those two schools are still paying for those decisions.

Reaction Score
Edsall tried to retain Brown.
People seem to forget that Edsall has been through bad spells himself. He certainly isn't distinguishing himself right now either.

Reaction Score
Edsall tried to retain Brown.
People seem to forget that Edsall has been through bad spells himself. He certainly isn't distinguishing himself right now either.
Nope. Edsall and Brown both knew that they were not well suited for each other. RE stresses fundamentals. Brown has slogans.

Reaction Score
Lets give PP credit for getting the offense going today with 450 yards total offense. They continue though to drop passess like they did last year - not PP's fault. And up to this game, our defense has been our strength and there have been no complaints about the defense up to today. Run defense was great but pass defense was god awful. The loss of Blidi has been huge. You do though have to blame the coaching for not being able to make adjustments to defend those slant patterns. Hard to believe that they could not have batted down some of those or at least make adjustments to play tighter coverage. Didn't see any adjustments though. Very frustrating.

Reaction Score
We've beaten Fordham and Buffalo.
We've lost to Vandy, Iowa St and WMU. Coach P gets no credit. None.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's such a Jeff Hathaway hiring, too.

Did he make the risky hire? Did he take a shot on a young coordinator from a bigtime football school? Who has gone to war trying to recruit the best players in the country?

Of course he didn't. Gee shucks. Why rock the boat, gee whiz.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The same Iowa St who is losing at home tonight by 30+ in the first half.

Reaction Score
I dont buy the argument that these are Randy Edsall's players. We did not fire Edsall for poor performance, he left us after a trip to the BCS. The cupboard was not left bare. If this was just a QB issue I would give HCPP a pass, but we have issues all over the field and we have yet to play a decent opponent.

Reaction Score
Lets give PP credit for getting the offense going today with 450 yards total offense. They continue though to drop passess like they did last year - not PP's fault. And up to this game, our defense has been our strength and there have been no complaints about the defense up to today. Run defense was great but pass defense was god awful. The loss of Blidi has been huge. You do though have to blame the coaching for not being able to make adjustments to defend those slant patterns. Hard to believe that they could not have batted down some of those or at least make adjustments to play tighter coverage. Didn't see any adjustments though. Very frustrating.
No adjustments....not one...that was the most disappointing thing from the defense. Truly abysmal to get beat on the same thing over and over and over and over....

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That is my complaint is not making an adjustment to the quick passing. Crowd the wide outs or a little bump and run. They have to do something different instead of letting them run wild.

No adjustments....not one...that was the most disappointing thing from the defense. Truly abysmal to get beat on the same thing over and over and over and over....

Reaction Score
Nope. Edsall and Brown both knew that they were not well suited for each other. RE stresses fundamentals. Brown has slogans.

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2011/02/don-brown-plucked-from-edsalls-staff.html

This contradicts you.

I find it odd that for so long people complained about Edsall's bend-but-don't-break and lack of blitzing. Now we have someone who blitzes 95% of the time and puts DBs on an island, never plays zone, and people want to go back to a passive defense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How about a defense that doesn't adjust to the fact that they snap the ball and swing it to a WR about a half dozen times in a row? Might that be time for an adjustment?

Reaction Score

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I thought it was a fact that Brown left Maryland on his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

Edsall hired Bradford from Southern Miss as his DC. Do you have any idea how bad USM was under his tutoral?

Reaction Score
Edsall hired Bradford from Southern Miss as his DC. Do you have any idea how bad USM was under his tutoral?
Here's what I know. RE won two championships here and last New Year's I was in Phoenix. I am also pissed about how he left so dont go there.

Coach P will have us in the cellar this year. This is what I know.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
None of this has anything to do with Edsall. This team is a disaster and is complete disarray. That is what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom