Tim Boyle Continues to Impress | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle Continues to Impress

Reaction Score
Happy for Tim if he can latch onto an active roster. Don’t think it’s right move for Packers to keep 3 qbs.

you cant dress 53. he will be inactive every week. The difference between being the 7 men out each week vs practice squad is availability - a team can grab your guy off PS if they put him on their 53 man roster; they can't grab him from your 53 man roster.

I hope that helps in understanding better some thought processes around here

Reaction Score
you cant dress 53. he will be inactive every week. The difference between being the 7 men out each week vs practice squad is availability - a team can grab your guy off PS if they put him on their 53 man roster; they can't grab him from your 53 man roster.
I assume there's a pretty nice pay jump from the PS to the 53 man roster, no?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Do teams put QB’s on practice squads?

Essentially you are putting your playbook and system on ebay for the price of one week’s salary.
3 weeks, but so what?

Every team has video of their opponents. Heck, the NFL makes the All-22s available to fans now. I doubt that as a mop up rookie QB in the preseason (where coaching staffs don't exactly gameplan for their opponents), Boyle would be able to tell a future Packers opponent much that they don't already know.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
3 weeks, but so what?

Every team has video of their opponents. Heck, the NFL makes the All-22s available to fans now. I doubt that as a mop up rookie QB in the preseason (where coaching staffs don't exactly gameplan for their opponents), Boyle would be able to tell a future Packers opponent much that they don't already know.

I know but I thought that was a trick back when they first started practice squads.

C

Chief00

I hope that helps in understanding better some thought processes around here

That’s helpful.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He has more upside than Danny. Stronger arm and better athlete.
I'm gonna wait until Tim passes for 300 yards against a Bill Belichick defense to agree with that.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Tim is a good citizen and I am rooting for him since watching him since his days at Xavier. I think Pasqualoni ruined him by throwing him out there when he knew his job was on the line.

Reaction Score
1st year nfl minimum is up to $480K

I believe PS players get a min of 7500/week. No max. So if u assume u get 10k/week, that’d get you 170k. Throw in free food, clothes, etc., not a bad gig.

Reaction Score
More confirmation of Tim’s status.

Aug 29, 2018
Predicting Packers' 53-Man Roster

On Sunday by 3pm all NFL teams must reduce their rosters to 53 players. Teams can also establish a 10-man practice squad.

For now, Green Bay Packers first-year
general manager Brian Gutekunst believes he will have to cut players that will end up on another team’s 53-man roster.

If Gutekunst is right about Green Bay’s talent level, he’ll have some extremely difficult decisions to make. Here’s a guess at what Green Bay’s roster will look like.

Quarterbacks (3)
Keep: Aaron Rodgers, DeShone Kizer, Tim Boyle

Cut: None

Summary: Green Bay traded Brett Hundley to Seattle Wednesday. That clears the way for 22-year-old DeShone Kizer to be the No. 2 behind Rodgers, a two-time MVP.

It was also reported that Tim Boyle is now likely to make the 53-man roster. Boyle, an undrafted rookie from Eastern Kentucky (by way of UConn), has had a terrific summer and would likely be claimed by another team if he’s released.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tim is a good citizen and I am rooting for him since watching him since his days at Xavier. I think Pasqualoni ruined him by throwing him out there when he knew his job was on the line.

PP didn’t start him did he? Wasn’t it TJ?

Husky25

Reaction Score
PP didn’t start him did he? Wasn’t it TJ?

Correct. Pasqualoni was fired 36 hours after naming Boyle starter. It's Weist's fault for carrying out the wishes of an inept coach with no job. Boyle had not yet stepped on the game field. Weist burned his redshirt, with RFr. Cochran presumably ready to go.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Correct. Pasqualoni was fired 36 hours after naming Boyle starter. It's Weist's fault for carrying out the wishes of an inept coach with no job. Boyle had not yet stepped on the game field. Weist burned his redshirt, with RFr. Cochran presumably ready to go.
I thought PP was fired immediately after getting ass banged at Buffalo. That's how I want to remember it anyway.

Reaction Score

Boyle, if I'm not mistaken, played most of the game that was the signature win of the post Fiesta Bowl 7 year nightmare so far. the win at home against top 20 ranked Houston.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Boyle, if I'm not mistaken, played most of the game that was the signature win of the post Fiesta Bowl 7 year nightmare so far. the win at home against top 20 ranked Houston.
One has what to do with the other?

Reaction Score
I thought PP was fired immediately after getting ass banged at Buffalo. That's how I want to remember it anyway.

Yes - team fell apart after the loss to Michigan at home. It seems in retrospect clear, that the only thing holding the program together at the time was the prospect of palying Michigan at home.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Pasqualoni's Last Move: Freshman Tim Boyle Takes Over At QB
Weist Will Go Ahead With Plan To Start Former Xavier QB Tim Boyle

October 01, 2013|By DESMOND CONNER, dconner@courant.com, The Hartford Courant

STORRS — — In his final teleconference with local media, Paul Pasqualoni delivered the news that many UConn fans are happy to hear.

He said the staff had already decided on a few changes and then he let it slip that the staff was making a move to start true freshman quarterback Tim Boyle in the Huskies' next game against South Florida Oct.12.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

The Huskies (0-4) are idle this week.

A source confirmed that will indeed happen under new coach T.J. Weist, who Monday was named the interim coach for the rest of the season. That decision is expected to be made official Tuesday.

Husky25

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that our program was in such disarray to take advantage of keeping and developing a player like Boyle properly for 5 years.
Yet in hindsight, it probably wasn't. Cochran was a Redshirt Freshman and could have come in to allow Boyle to keep his intact.

Reaction Score
Yet in hindsight, it probably wasn't. Cochran was a Redshirt Freshman and could have come in to allow Boyle to keep his intact.

It's pretty amazing to think that we had both Cochran and Boyle on the same roster. Casey's in the record books for his very short career. Best single game performance, or close to the top, of all time. Pasqualoni brought in Whitmer too as bridge. That guy, still took one of the hardest hits I've ever seen on the field at Rentschler from Matakevich and popped right up. I was sure he was out, and I guarantee he had major pain in the ribs and shoulders for the rest of that season.

It's fair to say that pasqualoni was familiar with a don shula quote:

"Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck." - Don Shula

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom