Tim Boyle Continues to Impress | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle Continues to Impress

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Did Whitmer even sniff an NFL camp? Let's not split hairs here. The talent difference Whitmer and Boyle was, is, and will always be very wide.

Whitmer was a better fit in a flawed system with sub-par linemen.

Reaction Score
Sports Center this morning had a story on Aaron Rodgers, showed him in practice getting ready for their 2nd pre season game. Taking snaps right along side Rodgers was Boyle, saw no one else except those two. So has Boyle climbed the depth chart to #2?.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yeah, sports center carefully cuts their video to only show players on the two deep in any shot. Therefore Boyle must be #2 now.

Reaction Score
Boyle threw with Rogers. Kizer threw with Hundley. Kizer and Hundley are battling for #2. One of them will likely become trade bait leaving Tim as #3. There’s a long way to go before the 53.

Reaction Score
Boyle threw with Rogers. Kizer threw with Hundley. Kizer and Hundley are battling for #2. One of them will likely become trade bait leaving Tim as #3. There’s a long way to go before the 53.

Thanks

Husky25

Reaction Score
Weist actually agrees with you. We had dinner several years ago and I asked him that question. His answer implied that while he was wary of starting Boyle he felt the media buildup and public anticipation was too great for him to pull the plug on the idea. This was his first shot at being HC.
My impression was that if he’d been longer in that role he likely would have demurred.
That is not a good thing. Any coach or manager who does so by fan consensus can soon count themselves among them. May be why Weist has not sniffed a head job since.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That is not a good thing. Any coach or manager who does so by fan consensus can soon count themselves among them. May be why Weist has not sniffed a head job since.

Impossible - T.J. Weist is the greatest coach UConn has seen in any sport!

C

Chief00

Interesting how defenders didn't have as much trouble catching those high velocity passes for INTs. If Tim Boyle ever plays a live snap in the regular season it will be a whale of a story. But really, I'm not here to tear him down, I will be rooting for him.
Fair point - but not when the ball bounce off a receivers hands.

C

Chief00

Boyle’s screwed up college career in part destroyed by coaching malfeasance - we know about. But two things of interest in the recent article:
1) Packer Head Coach McCarthy, a top tier coach, immediately identified him as a pro QB at rookie orientation weekend. Somehow , Chief will take credit for seeing that talent too in college even though the statistics were very bad. Ha ha
2) T.J. and Shane Day put in good word for Tim to get to Eastern Kentucky. You see who the good guys are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Husky25

Reaction Score
Boyle’s screwed up college career in part destroyed by coaching malfeasance - we know about. But two things of interest in the recent article:
1) Packer Head Coach McCarthy, a top tier coach, immediately identified him as a pro QB at rookie orientation weekend. Somehow , Chief will take credit for seeing that talent too in college even though the statistics were very bad. Ha ha
2) T.J. and Shaun Day put in good word for Tim to get to Eastern Kentucky. You see who the good guys are.
Who's Shaun Day?

Reaction Score
I think Boyle has solidified being the practice squad qb.

As a Packers fan I can only hope they aren’t dumb enough to keep Hundley as the backup. I think the Browns were foolish to give up on Kizer so quickly and he has looked good. He should be the backup, not Hundley.

Reaction Score
I think Boyle has solidified being the practice squad qb.

As a Packers fan I can only hope they aren’t dumb enough to keep Hundley as the backup. I think the Browns were foolish to give up on Kizer so quickly and he has looked good. He should be the backup, not Hundley.
Based on the game last night, Kizer should be #2.

Reaction Score
2) T.J. and Shane Day put in good word for Tim to get to Eastern Kentucky. You see who the good guys are.
The coaching malfeasance goes back to Boyles high school playing days. They played Boyle at receiver and safety until Pat D'Amato graduated. Boyle was not Xavier's go to QB until his senior year. If he had been brought up carefully as a QB at a HS program like New Canaan or ST Joe's his college career would have been far more successful IMHO despite having PP and Diastro as coaches. Xavier is a great program but has always played more of a smash mouth ball control style.

Reaction Score
The coaching malfeasance goes back to Boyles high school playing days. They played Boyle at receiver and safety until Pat D'Amato graduated.

How is it coaching malfeasance by Marinan when D’Amato helped lead Xavier to 3 consecutive State LL Championships while @ QB?

Reaction Score
How is it coaching malfeasance by Marinan when D’Amato helped lead Xavier to 3 consecutive State LL Championships while @ QB?

My whole point, was that Xavier's style of play was not conducive to getting a young but extremely talented QB ready for the college game. The word was used by Chief in referring to PP and Diaco, I just used the same word in response to his post. If I had been describing Boyles years at Xavier I wouldn't have used that word. Maybe just have said it was a coaches decision given Xavier's style of play and of course you couldn't or wouldn't point out that I did say that Xavier had a great program, no you just edited that part out. So GFY medic.

Reaction Score
Tim looked very good again, this time against the Steelers, all the Packers did. If he doesn't make the practice squad, he'll probably get a chance somewhere else.

Also watched the Jets/Skins game. Foley is a lock to make the team. He looked very solid. Diggs played a lot for Washington. He just cannot get off blocks. He needs to up his game to have a chance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom