Thread on Cuse board: BC going to B1G | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Thread on Cuse board: BC going to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Claver here's the last three years for you. Not including this season.

Uconn:
2009 38229
2010 38248
2011 36668

Bc:
2009: 35716
2010: 38369
2011: 35709

Maryland:
2009: 44452
2010 39168
2011: 42355

There you go, letting your facts get in the way of Claver's good rant...;)

(*by the way, Claver has always been "good people" on the board, and has claimed the title of "My least hated BC fan"...)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Even with our current buffoon of a head coach, you realize since joining the ACC (8 seasons, pretty decent sample size) we're averaging 7.5 wins per season right? Don't think that qualifies as a bottom feeder. Maryland is averaging 5.5

As for the people don't care about BC, you do realize we have a higher attendance per game than Maryland does in our worst season in decades (coming off what was our worst in a decade)? And both of us are several thousand ahead of UConn.

But never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Edit: thanks zls

claver i have a prediction for u. prep wins 2 or more state championships this winter. yes thats what i said. pm i have some prep stuff to tell ya.

your attendance is vs acc teams and ours vs nbe so throwing uconn it it isn't a equal playing field as some here think the acc is planets better on the field. anyway u also had some great home games like nd this year...but yea i agree, md.

claver is good ppl yarders...and u know what a ja i am to most bc fans...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I was in Maryland this year for our game. They had 25,000 people there tops, and 40-50% were UConn fans. The upper deck had entire sections completely empty.

If it's any indication just how little Maryland fans cared about their team, I sat in the first row behind the UConn bench for $15 a ticket.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
claver i have a prediction for u. prep wins 2 or more state championships this winter. yes thats what i said. pm i have some prep stuff to tell ya.

your attendance is vs acc teams and ours vs nbe so throwing uconn it it isn't a equal playing field as some here think the acc is planets better on the field. anyway u also had some great home games like nd this year...but yea i agree, **** md.

claver is good ppl yarders...and u know what a ja i am to most bc fans...

No one attacked claver personally or called him/her a d---bag, at least not in this thread. For me part, i merely was amused at the pot calling the kettle black.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
No one attacked claver personally or called him/her a d---bag, at least not in this thread. For me part, i merely was amused at the pot calling the kettle black.

well then thats not fair to him not to get the bc treatment first then become a ok member of the yard right?

YOU CLAVERBITCH

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
well then thats not fair to him not to get the bc treatment first then become a ok member of the yard right?

**** YOU CLAVERBITCH

true enough....after all, even b*tches like this deserve a place in the pound:

worlds_ugliest_dog_2012_contest_640_07.jpg

Reaction Score
I was in Maryland this year for our game. They had 25,000 people there tops, and 40-50% were UConn fans. The upper deck had entire sections completely empty.

If it's any indication just how little Maryland fans cared about their team, I sat in the first row behind the UConn bench for $15 a ticket.

And then Claver comes around to tell us that Maryland gets more through its gates than UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They pad their attendance. UConn saw this up close in Maryland this year. Not nearly as much as claimed. Both schools have a U Miami sense of attendance, while UConn counts the gate. I haven't been to a BC game recently but plenty of Husky fans report that the numbers are not nearly what BC claims.

Yeah UConn counts the gate. Right. They count just like everyone else - tickets distributed. UConn's no show percentage just isn't as high at Maryland's and BC's yet.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
And then Claver comes around to tell us that Maryland gets more through its gates than UConn.

Lol, well in fairness I bought the tickets through stubhub so I have no idea how much the Maryland fan I bought them from paid for them.

Reaction Score

There you go, letting your facts get in the way of Claver's good rant...;)

(*by the way, Claver has always been "good people" on the board, and has claimed the title of "My least hated BC fan"...)
I wasn't meaning to attack claver I just wanted to throw that out there. Never minded him as a poster.

Reaction Score
He's a good poster so long as he's not chum chumming with the stooges on their hockey board too much.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I wasn't meaning to attack claver I just wanted to throw that out there. Never minded him as a poster.

Oh, I wasn't insinuating that you were attacking him. I just wanted to put it out there that he seems to be better than the average BC fan. Talk about setting the bar low...:eek:

Reaction Score
Yeah UConn counts the gate. Right. They count just like everyone else - tickets distributed. UConn's no show percentage just isn't as high at Maryland's and BC's yet.

Have they changed? Because a few years ago, we all know they only counted gate. How do we know? Tickets were sold out. Attendance didn't match capacity.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Have they changed? Because a few years ago, we all know they only counted gate. How do we know? Tickets were sold out. Attendance didn't match capacity.

Seriously. UConn seats 38,500 and counts the vendors and security to get to 40,000 capacity. Anyone who actually sets foot in the stadium knows they don't announce a gate count because the number would start with a 2.

Reaction Score
Seriously. UConn seats 38,500 and counts the vendors and security to get to 40,000 capacity. Anyone who actually sets foot in the stadium knows they don't announce a gate count because the number would start with a 2.

And that has nothing to do with what I wrote. I wrote that in the past they announced less in attendance than tickets sold. Everyone on this board well knows the capacity of the Field. The only thing we're discussing is whether they've changed how they do the count. in the past, they announced attendance in the 20s when they had 25k season tix+ walkup that was higher. This year they announced a crowd that was in the low 30s for Buffalo, and that number was higher than the crowd for NC State. So, according to that, if they're counting only tix sold, more people bought tix to see Buffalo than NC State. That very well may be. Or, alternately, more people showed up to Buffalo because the NC State game was on a holiday weekend.

Reaction Score

If you are saying less than 30k go to UConn games then there is nothing more to be said.

There is not one single game that I've been to, and that's almost all of them, that had less than 30k. Not one that I'm able to remember.

Reaction Score
The USF game in a noreaster is the only I can think of that had under 30k.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
That game was awesome. I tailgated then went home.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you are saying less than 30k go to UConn games then there is nothing more to be said.

There is not one single game that I've been to, and that's almost all of them, that had less than 30k. Not one that I'm able to remember.

I guess you missed the last one then.

I have no idea why they sold more tickets to Buffalo than NCSU but would imagine that it was discounted group sales as I entered the stadium with a group that had tickets with a $5 face printed on them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Whoah didn't know I elicited so much of a reaction from everyone.

Husky210, don't know where you got your numbers (I got mine from the teams' websites, however I'm not debating yours) but the point stands. You (a generic you not individual) keep saying how no one gives a **** about BC and UConn delivers all these markets (I lived for 20+ years in Fairfield County, the idea that you deliver that market is comical, but I digress) when attendance numbers are very close when we have our worst football coach in BC history.

Really? Do you want to play the whose coach is worse game with us?

Reaction Score
I lived for 20+ years in Fairfield County, the idea that you deliver that market is comical, but I digress.
I'd wager that it does for basketball, but not even close for football. But D1 football is new to UConn. Give it time, and they can deliver. Lots of people who are UConn alums don't care about UConn football, because when by the time they graduated (pre-2002), it wasn't really a big deal. That has changed. Newer alums care a lot more. That base will continue to grow.

But outside of alums, the state has rallied behind UConn basketball (mens and womens) and will do so with football as well, if they're in a real conference.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'd wager that it does for basketball, but not even close for football. But D1 football is new to UConn. Give it time, and they can deliver. Lots of people who are UConn alums don't care about UConn football, because when by the time they graduated (pre-2002), it wasn't really a big deal. That has changed. Newer alums care a lot more. That base will continue to grow.

But outside of alums, the state has rallied behind UConn basketball (mens and womens) and will do so with football as well, if they're in a real conference.

I'd agree with that. I'm class of 78 when a soccer game vs Hartwick or StLouis or Columbia outdrew football or hoops (didn't hurt you could bring a keg to the pitch, of course). Couldn't have cared less about UConn FB until first time they beat Pitt (wife is a double Pitt alum). Maybe only caught 3 FB games a year until recently. Meantime, I'd be happy watching a hoops game vs. Marathon Oil.

Reaction Score
This is true to an extent. They do get money per subscriber, but if the product isn't worth it, such as, if they took Albany, the cable companies won't agree to the charge. So, the cable companies must agree that its worth the charge. Would Comcast Boston agree BC is worth X number of $$ for the BTN? Who knows.
Audience doesn't mean much if they don't have viewers. It is the advertisers who make the market eventually. Why would an advertiser who wants to reach New York/NJ make a BIG 10 media buy if audience numbers are low? As one who has bought media , I can tell you they won't. The advertisers and their agencies will look to an alternative media buy with a lower cost per K for their target market and there are always alternatives.
BC is only contiguous if Uconn or Syracuse is included.
From a media standpoint Uconn makes more sense than BC because Uconn fans watch and listen to games in larger numbers than BC. We are also a state university that has upgraded its research programs and facilities. Our football facilities are relatively new, expandable and very good.
Uconn to the BIG is still a long shot but stranger things have happened. I still think we end up in the ACC but if UNC leaves we would be better off staying where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom