Thread on Cuse board: BC going to B1G | The Boneyard

Thread on Cuse board: BC going to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This crazy crazy realignment world...you never know what to believe until it's actually happened...

Reaction Score
LOL....

5 thoughts.

1. This improves ACC football
2. Delaney's vengeance against ND is about to backfire
3. BC is not an AAU school
4. BC is not contiguous
5. I'll be shocked if this happens

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
LOL....

5 thoughts.

1. This improves ACC football
2. Delaney's vengeance against ND is about to backfire
3. BC is not an AAU school
4. BC is not contiguous
5. I'll be shocked if this happens

BC is contiguous if you assume UConn is number 16. (We don't need to count NYC between NY and NJ. NYC is it's own beast, it isnt reeeeeeeeeeeeeally part of the State of New York.)

Reaction Score
Been following that thread. Since the RU/MD to the B1G thing broke, I've felt that BC and UConn is the B1G's next play. Makes the most sense for the whole expanding east thing. Of course UCONN/UVA made sense also and that is why that bogus thread of a few days ago got it everyone excited.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Haha, one of the comments about the ACC (from Alsacs): "Getting UConn, Louisville, and 1 other and the conference is saved."

Reaction Score
Do you all remember several years ago when the WAC AD invited a bunch of teams into the conference, then the original WAC members all split off and started their own conference?

If things don't pan out in the future with cable subscriptions, I expect this will happen again in every conference. Heck, the old schools might even pay the noobs to leave.

Reaction Score
Told you this morning, they wanted us for their B10 hockey conference

You guys just don't listen.
You and I both know York would push back against this and it would be terrible for hockey.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Been following that thread. Since the RU/MD to the B1G thing broke, I've felt that BC and UConn is the B1G's next play. Makes the most sense for the whole expanding east thing. Of course UCONN/UVA made sense also and that is why that bogus thread of a few days ago got it everyone excited.

I could see the B1G wanting to pursue a UConn/BC angle to further put a dent into the Northeast and to raise subscriber fees in New England.

That being said, this absolutely doesn't happen unless UNC and UVA both have unequivocally said no.

Reaction Score
Does it make sense to talk trash about a sport where most people would just as assume take out the trash as watch it? Just sayin

Reaction Score
When Warde was hired many speculated it was an indication that Susan was trying to get us into the B1G.

If it works out Susan Herbst for Governor!

Reaction Score
Hey, maybe you guys would have a shot at winning HE more than what once every 6 years :D
Nonsense, it'd just mean UNH would finally get a March trophy. I'm reality, Hockey East is the best constructed league in college sports as the best top to bottom league in its sport and almost primarily a bus league with a national and regional TV contract along with crap loads of long standing rivalries. It would be an utter shame if it was broken up. Of course none of this will be a factor in any potential discussions.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Told you this morning, they wanted us for their B10 hockey conference

You guys just don't listen.

An honest question. What do BC fans think of what's going down? Are they talking about this B1G nonsense?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Do you all remember several years ago when the WAC AD invited a bunch of teams into the conference, then the original WAC members all split off and started their own conference?

If things don't pan out in the future with cable subscriptions, I expect this will happen again in every conference. Heck, the old schools might even pay the noobs to leave.

The WAC set the precedent.

It didn't work, but they were the first to try. I recall last year reading an interesting article with quotes from the WAC commish when the split happened. He claimed he was entirely blindsided by half of the conference just taking off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Or it takes Cuse and BC, making them contiguous with NJ/PA. Or Buffalo, since athletic prowess doesn't matter.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Nonsense, it'd just mean UNH would finally get a March trophy. I'm reality, Hockey East is the best constructed league in college sports as the best top to bottom league in its sport and almost primarily a bus league with a national and regional TV contract along with crap loads of long standing rivalries. It would be an utter shame if it was broken up. Of course none of this will be a factor in any potential discussions.

It's New Hampshire. UNH would find a way to choke and lose to Vermont.

Or even UConn.

Reaction Score
Or it takes Cuse and BC, making them contiguous with NJ/PA. Or Buffalo, since athletic prowess doesn't matter.
For what it's worth, Syracuse has the 81st ranked TV market while Hartford/NH as we know by now is 30th. Boston is 7th.

Reaction Score

Of the 3, Buffalo is the only AAU school!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom