Thoughts from a Tenn fan/Stanford-Tenn [merged] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Thoughts from a Tenn fan/Stanford-Tenn [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Don't take it personally, they just don't much cotton to outsiders over at the checkerboard. Part of the Scotch-Irish heritage, mebbe.

Reaction Score
yes, I know. I won't lose any sleep over it. For years, I posted over there how much respect I had for their program and Pat. I've been to TBA a lot and met some really great people. They were nice to me because they beat Stanford all the time, but it changed when we beat them (and poor Candace with an A) at Maples in 2008 when I called them out on their pathetic crying about the officiating at Maples. I could list many games at TN and in NCAAs where Stanford was hosed by the refs, so their complaints ring true as much as their clock at Baylor game.

Nneka beat TN last night, not the refs.

cardfan, Tennessee posters don't like to give credit where credit is due. Stanford played a great game and deserved to win. The refs did not win the game for Stanford; Stanford played alot better then Tennessee, that is a fact. I hope you face them again in the tournament and once again kick their butts!

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Nnekka Ogwumike made Glory Johnson look like a middle schooler and Johnson is one of the most athletic kids I've seen, Nnekka was that good last night!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That is whate announcers said.

Wow, cardfan, they don't like you very much on the orange board.
i've noticed that anyone who doesn't agree with them 100% is a troll and is told to get off the board and take their crazy someplace else. anyone who says the UCONN and tennessee boards are pretty much the same is a complete moron.

funny thing tho, and to give credit where credit is due, there are a number of tennessee fans who admit this senior class is not as good as hoped, and have pointed out where the coaches have dropped the ball. i'm not sure that's a prevailing sentiment, but to seriously read the moderator calling out cardfan in such a critical and nasty way was surprising (or maybe not so much i suppose) - she called out card fan for "personal attacks on Glory Johnson"...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
i've noticed that anyone who doesn't agree with them 100% is a troll and is told to get off the board and take their crazy someplace else. anyone who says the UCONN and tennessee boards are pretty much the same are complete morons.
Bingo! The thing they hate most is carefully thought out rational arguments for disagreement with the board status quo. Present enough of those politely and one is sure to become a target.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Bingo! The thing they hate most is carefully thought out rational arguments for disagreement with the board status quo. Present enough of those politely and one is sure to become a target.
lol u were too fast. i did add some comments just after i posted. not sure if you still like what i said lol...

Reaction Score
i've noticed that anyone who doesn't agree with them 100% is a troll and is told to get off the board and take their crazy someplace else. anyone who says the UCONN and tennessee boards are pretty much the same is a complete moron.

funny thing tho, and to give credit where credit is due, there are a number of tennessee fans who admit this senior class is not as good as hoped, and have pointed out where the coaches have dropped the ball. i'm not sure that's a prevailing sentiment, but to seriously read the moderator calling out cardfan in such a critical and nasty way was surprising (or maybe not so much i suppose) - she called out card fan for "personal attacks on Glory Johnson"...

my posts about Glory were not personal, but rather about her style of D, which I don't really like and think she gets away with a lot of stuff. She is friends with Nneka and I've heard nothing but good things about her. I've called TN's D maul ball too, but that is not personal or anything against Pat or the state of TN.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I commented elsewhere on Nneka's amazing performance, Tennessee's uncharacteristic weak defense, etc. Permit me now to describe four indelible impressions from the game.
  1. Pat was, sad to say, not fully engaged. It seems that a pattern has been established at each road game: Start by honoring Pat (graciously and deservedly), then see her assistants take over the in-game coaching with varying levels of effectiveness.
  2. Simmons and Spani had an on-court, in-game spat. I don't know what caused it or who started it, but it is an ominous sign that bodes ill for the team's future. Need I add that this would never have occurred in the past, with Pat in complete clipboard-busting control.
  3. Although the Tennessee players have talent (e.g., Spani's ball-handling and long-range shooting, Johnson's athleticism, Stricklen's all around excellence), they seem to have no cohesiveness to their offense (manifested by few assists). And no "D" for Nneka, Toni, and Chiney.
  4. Toward the end of the game, a camera shot of the coaching staff was shown. Left to right: Unknown assistant, Dean Lockwood, Holly Warwick, Pat, and Mickey DeMoss. All seemed stunned, even bewildered. Nothing in that image suggested SEC Champions, Final Four, or even Elite Eight.
Finally, as I mentioned elsewhere, the incredible "T" for having six players on the court. I simply cannot comprehend how that could happen to this once proud and dominant team. And I won't guess why on this forum.

I didnt even notice this!!! Anyone else have any input?

I watched the game and I have to admit that the fouls were a little ticky tacky for Tennessee in the first hafl!!!! However, some were warranted and Tennessee got some no calls as well. Glory Johnson nearly took off Nneka's head there in the second half with a no call. I am not blaming anyone, refs or otherwise.
It was actually a good game to watch for Nneka alone. She was tremendous.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
my posts about Glory were not personal, but rather about her style of D, which I don't really like and think she gets away with a lot of stuff. She is friends with Nneka and I've heard nothing but good things about her. I've called TN's D maul ball too, but that is not personal or anything against Pat or the state of TN.
oh i totally hear you. i'm sorry if you thought i was trying to call you out in any way. many UCONN fans have said the same about RU's defense at times, but in the past few years, we've taken special issue with Syracuse and Georgetown's particular brand of hack and hack. but you know, it's ok for their fans to say on their board that "Stefanie Dolson is the dirtiest post player in America" and they weren't talking about her being muddy lol...

Reaction Score
oh i totally hear you. i'm sorry if you thought i was trying to call you out in any way. many UCONN fans have said the same about RU's defense at times, but in the past few years, we've taken special issue with Syracuse and Georgetown's particular brand of hack and hack. but you know, it's ok for their fans to say on their board that "Stefanie Dolson is the dirtiest post player in America" and they weren't talking about her being muddy lol...

got it, np :)

Reaction Score
Could be, but I've not seen the woman run from much in her life.

I've got a lot of respect for both Geno and Pat. It took a while for Geno to grow on me, I hated him like any other UT fan.

You certainly have your angle.

I think you are dead wrong. But, know what?? We both "think" and neither of us "know".

To me, it was just bad for the game.

Reaction Score
I really liked your view in regard to "I think" because the knowing part never comes into play with opinions. There might be a certain consensus but there was a time when everyone "knew" the world was flat and how did that turn out. Neutral Site, I really enjoyed everything you've written up to this point. Keep them posts comin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom