Thoughts from a Tenn fan/Stanford-Tenn [merged] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Thoughts from a Tenn fan/Stanford-Tenn [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Somebody is going to have to take the car keys away from Pat, and that won't be an easy decision for Tenn's AD
I think pretty much everything has been arranged.

People who get an idea early on that they have dementia quite often try to plan their lives out to a 'T', including others in the process in an effort to control their future while they still can. The disease is a true "female dog", that is for sure.

And, yeah, in Pat's prime more than one clipboard would have been broken, and you'd have seen the end of the bench go in en masses to attempt to play some D.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
thats crazy... how many did she have against UConn and who was guarding her, FARIS?

You took the words right out of my mouth. While the attention is understandably on the magnificent game NO had, all I kept thinking about was how impressive that makes Kelly's performance.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You took the words right out of my mouth. While the attention is understandably on the magnificent game NO had, all I kept thinking about was how impressive that makes Kelly's performance.
Absolutely.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I believe their home court winning streak is at 68 games since their last loss. Not as good as UConn's 91 game home court winning streak, but still impressive.

I believe they are one game away from tying for second place. I don't see a challenge the rest of the year, so should end with 79, and a solid hold on second, then next year, may be chasing UConn, depending on how we do.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If UConn heads to Stanford next year, they're bringing the wrath of God with them. That streak ends.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
and wasn't she guarding Chiney when Nneka went out with the 2 fouls in the 1st half?

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
BTW, on Van Gundy...

I think last year with A&M was a perfect example of why I think he's BS sometimes. A&M didn't really enter a lot of conversations as a 'best' team...yet, they won it all.

Like I said, the game is growing, and if appeal is kept to female athletes it will only get better.

It is growing but ever so slightly. The average attendance per game is pretty much at a standstill.

Total ..........year......teams....ave/gm
Attendance Year Teams Average
8,127,779.... 2011 ......333 ......1,642
8,090,084.. 2008 .....326 ......1,693
8,051,808... 2010 ......332..... 1,637
8,042,040... 2009..... 328.....1,664
7,886,207.... 2007...... 325.... 1,654
7,351,634.....2003...... 322..... 1,619
7,173,377..... 2004 ......324 .....1,617
7,093,642.... 2006...... 332..... 1,575
7,067,831..... 2005...... 324..... 1,578
6,937,813 .....2002...... 322......1,590

Reaction Score
Finally, as I mentioned elsewhere, the incredible "T" for having six players on the court. I simply cannot comprehend how that could happen to this once proud and dominant team. And I won't guess why on this forum.[/quote]

Didn't see the game but I'm curious of how the "T" occurred. Was the 6th player on the court after the game clock started or did a ref pick it up first? How long was she on the court? Did anyone on the UT bench notice it prior to the T call?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
If UConn heads to Stanford next year, they're bringing the wrath of God with them.

Yet another recruit I've never heard of! Any relation to God Shamgod?:cool:

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
Finally, as I mentioned elsewhere, the incredible "T" for having six players on the court. I simply cannot comprehend how that could happen to this once proud and dominant team. And I won't guess why on this forum.

Didn't see the game but I'm curious of how the "T" occurred. Was the 6th player on the court after the game clock started or did a ref pick it up first? How long was she on the court? Did anyone on the UT bench notice it prior to the T call?

That is a coaching lapse, plain and simple.

Reaction Score
Tenn looked like they were jet lagged, and they may have been. Dec. 11 in NYC, 13th at Rutgers in NJ, 17th in Los Angeles, 2oth in Palo Alto. That's a big road trip and might have had something to do with how bad they looked.

Reaction Score
Finally, as I mentioned elsewhere, the incredible "T" for having six players on the court. I simply cannot comprehend how that could happen to this once proud and dominant team. And I won't guess why on this forum.

Didn't see the game but I'm curious of how the "T" occurred. Was the 6th player on the court after the game clock started or did a ref pick it up first? How long was she on the court? Did anyone on the UT bench notice it prior to the T call?[/quote]

Before we get all holier than thou with Tennessee's coaching staff, UConn had an embarassing technical of its own called prior to the start fo the Seton Hall game four seasons ago for which Coach Daly accepted the responsibility.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Didn't see the game but I'm curious of how the "T" occurred. Was the 6th player on the court after the game clock started or did a ref pick it up first? How long was she on the court? Did anyone on the UT bench notice it prior to the T call?"

Before we get all holier than thou with Tennessee's coaching staff, UConn had an embarassing technical of its own called prior to the start fo the Seton Hall game four seasons ago for which Coach Daly accepted the responsibility.
?? Who got holier than thou?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

maybe the angle is towards Pat's illness and everyone calling shots... it could get confusing in those huddles (DC)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
maybe the angle is towards Pat's illness and everyone calling shots... it could get confusing in those huddles (DC)
It was a freshman that made a mistake in going back out onto the floor after a time out. Lesson learned, I imagine.

Reaction Score
Didn't see the game but I'm curious of how the "T" occurred. Was the 6th player on the court after the game clock started or did a ref pick it up first? How long was she on the court?

Tenn called a time out at 11:18 in the 1st half. TV went to commercial or a taped interview with Tara. When back to live, play had not yet commenced but under the announcers patter, the ref could be heard talking to the scorer's table about a technical foul. The arena announcer then announced the foul. What actually happened was never discussed as it apparently was not obvious to onlookers including the announcers. My guess is that the 6 players were on the floor when the ref went to restart play and called the foul.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Didn't see the game but I'm curious of how the "T" occurred. Was the 6th player on the court after the game clock started or did a ref pick it up first? How long was she on the court? Did anyone on the UT bench notice it prior to the T call?[/quote]

It happened very suddenly and surprisingly. I wish I could see a game replay to get all the facts right.

As I best recall, it was after a time out. The ref turned the ball over to a player (I honestly forget which team had possession) and then BRRRRR (that's a whistle tweet), the ref stopped play and T'ed Tennessee.

The box score counted the T against Harrison, a freshman. My best guess is that she was on the court by mistake. Who's mistake? Inquiring minds want to know.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It could be 6 players on the floor but it, also, could well be that a different player had simply gone out to the court after breaking huddle following the timeout without reporting to the scorer's table. I believe that this is technically considered a 6th player since a swap was never made removing the other player via substitution.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
What is the most points a Pat Summitt Tenn team has given up in a game?

Reaction Score
What is the most points a Pat Summitt Tenn team has given up in a game?

during the game last night, a friend who knows a ton about wcbball, texted me saying TN hasn't given up 100 its since 23 or 24 yrs ago vs. Auburn.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
during the game last night, a friend who knows a ton about wcbball, texted me saying TN hasn't given up 100 its since 23 or 24 yrs ago vs. Auburn.

That is whate announcers said.

Wow, cardfan, they don't like you very much on the orange board.

JS

Reaction Score
It's been said that the orange board
is in need of somebody to hang ten.

images

Question is, would ten be enough?

Reaction Score
That is whate announcers said.

yes, I know. I won't lose any sleep over it. For years, I posted over there how much respect I had for their program and Pat. I've been to TBA a lot and met some really great people. They were nice to me because they beat Stanford all the time, but it changed when we beat them (and poor Candace with an A) at Maples in 2008 when I called them out on their pathetic crying about the officiating at Maples. I could list many games at TN and in NCAAs where Stanford was hosed by the refs, so their complaints ring true as much as their clock at Baylor game.

Nneka beat TN last night, not the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger