This Isn't Working | Page 9 | The Boneyard

This Isn't Working

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I think I have figured out why the play calling was so sugar free vanilla against Cuse. Turner is our only healthy qb, the staff is going to try and protect him as much as possible because we have no other options right now. Survive this gauntlet and then allow Turner to dial it up, design a run or two, etc to win the backside schedule games. If he does get hurt then, at least we have another month for Millen and Tyler Phommachanh to get healthier/healthy.

Reaction Score
Yeah it sucks we got blown out again after 2 promising games to start the year, but Syracuse's QB is a legit and will probably start at the next level. The team this year would absolutely beat last years team10 times our of 10. It's a much improved team, but the secondary is a long term fix. Not much coaching staff can do in one season unless the next Deon Sanders is coming through the doors that completely changes it.

Reaction Score
I think I have figured out why the play calling was so sugar free vanilla against Cuse. Turner is our only healthy qb, the staff is going to try and protect him as much as possible because we have no other options right now. Survive this gauntlet and then allow Turner to dial it up, design a run or two, etc to win the backside schedule games. If he does get hurt then, at least we have another month for Millen and Tyler Phommachanh to get healthier/healthy.
Agreed… ;)
Millen is coming off his second throwing shoulder surgery since 2019. I don’t fault the staff for being cautious with the depleted QB depth. Buying time for continued healing amongst Millen & Phommachanh seems to be the plan.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'm not saying I disagree but my goodness, how many times in the last decade have us fans come up with scenarios wondering why a player who isn't doing well keeps playing, only to find out later they were actually the most talented player available and there was no ulterior motive or reason?

Reaction Score
This will be my first direct trash player post of the year.

Harrison cannot see the field again as a PR or WR. Maybe a place for him on KO coverage but he has hands of stone and no feel for the game.
I'm almost to the same point with Wortham. Getting beat way too much and he's a Sr. Put a young guy in their and let him develop.

Reaction Score

Nope. They are running the plays that they have confidence Zion can execute. They are protecting him from himself.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
After the next three beatdowns, I just hope we have enough left to manage a win over FIU, Mass and/or Balls State.
I had to leave at halftime last night. The cheers of the Syracuse fans were more depressing than the game itself.
Right! I had the same feeling. It was tough when the Cuse fans were so loud, present, and had so much to cheer about.

Reaction Score
Wish our punter had the numbers he had 2 years ago. Wish we could find any qb to throw downfield. Enough with guys that can't see over the linemen, unless they are ultra quick and can break down a defense by themselves. ZT isn't in hs anymore.

Reaction Score
Nope. They are running the plays that they have confidence Zion can execute. They are protecting him from himself.
He's definitely far from polished as a QB. I know everyone hates losing, and not being competitive at times, but there simply are not enough players here yet. It takes time to fill the roster, it just does.

Reaction Score
Actually ZT has more than enough time, according to PFF we rated 90.7 as a unit during pass blocking . I think ZT is just not fast going through his reads and progressions. If you look at all his INTs if he would’ve thrown the ball a bit quicker to the receiver it’s a reception/TD. His decision making is hurting the offense.
No one is open.

Reaction Score
He's the heaviest QB on the roster
I'm sure Manute Bol would be the heaviest QB too if he played football for UConn, but he would still be skinny.

1663024783894.png

Reaction Score
Let's stop kidding ourselves. This program is 3 or 4 good recruiting classes away from staying within 30 of a good team. If you are disappointed, you set the expectations way too high.

Reaction Score
Let's stop kidding ourselves. This program is 3 or 4 good recruiting classes away from staying within 30 of a good team. If you are disappointed, you set the expectations way too high.
Nah. Should be quicker than that. Mora gonna hammer the portal. This looks like a great place for transfers and players ti get immediate time. It just gonna take a cycle or two.

Reaction Score
OK...for telling the truth? All these people think this w=could happen quickly....not realistic.

Reaction Score
OK...for telling the truth? All these people think this w=could happen quickly....not realistic.
Bring in a good passing qb and see what happens. We haven’t had one for a while. ZT hasn’t caught up to the speed of the college game yet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the first quarter we had 3 three and outs in the first 4 possessions. SU had virtually ten minutes of possession.

I am not forgiving the defense's performance which was poor. But even some semblance of a mediocre offense would have helped.
It would have helped, but it wouldn’t have mattered.

Reaction Score
3 or 4 years to stay within 30……with transfer portal available and a coach who has turned around programs in the past in short time frames and only a handful of kids are who he picked up….having some patience is one thing but your comments are beyond ludicrous

Reaction Score
3 or 4 years to stay within 30……with transfer portal available and a coach who has turned around programs in the past in short time frames and only a handful of kids are who he picked up….having some patience is one thing but your comments are beyond ludicrous

You act like turning around a NFL team, which is a totally different kettle of fish from college football, or UCLA, which is a former national power, the flagship of the largest state in the second largest metropolitan area in the country, which is a totally different task than UConn.

I'm not knocking Mora -- it's just that thinking that getting to a winning record at UCLA is comparable to getting to a winning record here is not a good comparison.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom