This Isn't Working | The Boneyard

This Isn't Working

Reaction Score
Turner has really struggled. Coaches apparently don't trust him to stretch the field vertically and he hasn't shown himself to be an explosive runner. Combine that with his lack of experience and turnovers and you have to consider giving someone else a look. It's not giving up it's just taking a breather and finding out what else you might have. He needs time but we need wins.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Michigan will smoke us but I get a sneaky suspicion we will play NC State close. Either way we need to get to 2-4 to keep a bowl game in place.

Reaction Score
I've seen zero progress in our program so far with Mora. I take that back we have gained in PR... but with actual football play none. Especially after seeing CCSU lose to Scared Heart and Utah State absolutely destroyed by an FCS team. Mora outside of PR has shown absolutely nothing any anyone who says otherwise is looking at things through rose-colored glasses. The QB position is just as crappy as under HCRE 2.0 .... the defense is just as inept ... the OC play calling is the same .. the defense looks no different vs. a competent team... the results are the same.

Reaction Score
I just walked out of the Rent completely deflated after having come in here fairly optimistic. My main frustration is our PLAY CALLING WAS ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL!

The Last possession Turner was in we would have been better off taking a knee compared to the plays we ran.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I've seen zero progress in our program so far with Mora. I take that back we have gained in PR... but with actual football play none. Especially after seeing CCSU lose to Scared Heart and Utah State absolutely destroyed by an FCS team. Mora outside of PR has shown absolutely nothing any anyone who says otherwise is looking at things through rose-colored glasses. The QB position is just as crappy as under HCRE 2.0 .... the defense is just as inept ... the OC play calling is the same .. the defense looks no different vs. a competent team... the results are the same.
I hate this post. Probably because it's exactly what I'm feeling after leaving the Rent tonight. Deja Vu. All over again.

Reaction Score
Unless we pay players I don’t see much changing. I don’t see much incentive to play. Barring a miracle qb getting recruited and showing up, it will take something drastic.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well, Sacred Heart was the preseason favorite to win that conference, so there’s that.

Reaction Score
Here’s an idea. Throw a damn ball downfield. I dont care if it lands in the lap of some grandma who is knitting a shawl.
Hell a deep ball may be better than seeing a crappy punt if it ends up getting picked.

Reaction Score
And just like that folks are saying the sky is falling. After 2 games everyone said we are back and now the negativity rules again. It's exhausting.

A lot changes when you see your first loss being DESTROYED by an FCS team....followed by your late 4th quarter rally win vs an FCS losing to Sacred freaking heart ... all while getting mopped by Cuse... yea there is a lot to look forward to going into Michigan, NC State and Fresno. The future is bright....

BTW UConn football being embarrassing is exhausting too...

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Not gonna say you’re wrong because Turner has absolutely struggled. But that team we played tonight is 8 or 9 wins good. The outcome would have been no different with Millen under center.

With Roberson and Ross maybe we cover.

Reaction Score
I got an idea, let the season play out before jumping to conclusions. Thankfully we have some (on paper) winnable games in the second half of the schedule.

We're a G5 team, we're supposed to get beat by the P5, the real test for Mora will be how he does against the scheduled G5 competition. Injuries aren't helping.

Here's a thought, if you don't like getting beat by the P5 maybe we should stop scheduling so many P5 games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A lot changes when you see your first loss being DESTROYED by an FCS team....followed by your late 4th quarter rally win vs an FCS losing to Sacred freaking heart ... all while getting mopped by Cuse... yea there is a lot to look forward to going into Michigan, NC State and Fresno. The future is bright....

BTW UConn football being embarrassing is exhausting too...
With fans like those here, it's a surprise that anyone wants to come to the school. Everyone acts like we are the SCLSU Muddogs without Bobby. We aren't. We, as a collective group, need to stop expecting the stars when we are still building the launchpad. Sure, we went to the moon once but Neil Armstrong is gone....we have a new crop, new coach, new philosophy....how about being patient for a bit. Give Mora and these kids a chance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom