OT: - Things You Suck At Worse Than You Should | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Things You Suck At Worse Than You Should

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes to the Gibson Les Paul. Too heavy to practice with, but beautiful. I have a D18. No PRS. I have more time these days so I've picked them up again recently. The missus gets bothered from hearing Bad Moon Rising over and over. Oh, it's anesthesia. Hence the zzzz.
Awesome! Keep playing! It’s a wonderful salve for the soul skill level need not apply.

Reaction Score
Awesome! Keep playing! It’s a wonderful salve for the soul skill level need not apply.
If you're trying to pick guitar up as a hobby, I've had a lot of success with Ibanez.

Reaction Score
Like a couple others said, golf. No consistency. For 9 holes I can shoot anywhere from 52-62. I'm not looking to be great, I just don't want to be the worst of my group, which I am. Under 50 is a miracle and a half. I'm trying something new this year and driving the ball better. Trying to see if it works for the irons as well. My Mother's Day gift to the wife is me leaving the house and golfing 9 at Rolling Greens in Rocky Hill Sunday. 53 last week, so I'm off to a decent start.
When someone asks me how my golf game is I reply "Consistently Inconsistent"

Reaction Score
I’m a righty but can only snap with my left hand.

I’m awful at tying knots and I’m mentally repulsed by it.

I was an English major but can’t make out Shakespeare. Can’t stand it either, so not worth my effort.

Reaction Score
Yes to the Gibson Les Paul. Too heavy to practice with, but beautiful. I have a D18. No PRS. I have more time these days so I've picked them up again recently. The missus gets bothered from hearing Bad Moon Rising over and over. Oh, it's anesthesia. Hence the zzzz.
I love my Gibson Les Paul... Plays like a dream, when played by a good player... I have better days than others, but just love how it feels in my hands. I make a point of practicing every day and take a lesson once a week.

Reaction Score
Guessing the orientation of a plug or USB cord. You've got a 50/50 chance and I probably guess correctly 10% or less. It's really quite amazing. I can't say I should be good at it but you'd think I would at least get it 1/3rd of the time but I massively defy the mathematical odds.

And I can't grow bell peppers. I wouldn't say I'm a huge gardener but I have planted at least some stuff every year for the last 20-25 years or so. I've never been able to grow peppers. Once I got one very small one that was so bitter it was inedible. Usually the forming peppers just die and fall off even when trying every natural and chemical approach. Further, this is the second year I've tried to grow cilantro and once again the plant died within 3 days. Basil, thyme, parsley, chives, tarragon.... all fine. Can't grow cilantro.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who says they can't be triangular when folded?
The wife…

Actually, I could totally think about rolling them.

Reaction Score
I tell the people I play golf with if I could putt I would be a pro. Can't putt to save my life, distance doesn't matter. I miss from anywhere on the green. My brother makes me putt even if the ball is inside of a foot to the hole. I miss it! Had a pacemaker installed and asked the doctor if I could play golf, he said no but I could putt. Answered him no I can't.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Guessing the orientation of a plug or USB cord. You've got a 50/50 chance and I probably guess correctly 10% or less. It's really quite amazing. I can't say I should be good at it but you'd think I would at least get it 1/3rd of the time but I massively defy the mathematical odds.
The USB plug is an engineering marvel. I still don't understand how they designed it so it's always wrong the first try, 50% wrong the second try and always in by the third try.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The USB plug is an engineering marvel. I still don't understand how they designed it so it's always wrong the first try, 50% wrong the second try and always in by the third try.
If you're talking USB 2.0 plugs into a PC or laptop, or the back of the TV, there is no reason to ever get this wrong. The USB symbol on the plug goes UP on horizontal sockets, toward you when the socket is vertical.

Reaction Score
I suck at deciphering clifspiffy posts. I been here for years but just can't seem to learn the language
Maybe an online language site would help. Check any of these below:

10 Best Sites to Learn New Languages
  • Duolingo.
  • Mondly.
  • Busuu.
  • Rosetta Stone.
  • Fluent in Three Months.
  • Babbel.
  • All Language Resources.
  • Mezzofanti Guild.

Reaction Score
I still need assistance crinkling up the paper to hide the gift in the bag.

I make that look like garbage every time. It's incredible. I had to take my younger kid to a birthday party a few weeks ago and was tasked with stopping to get a gift bag and that crinkly tissue paper on the way over. Later that day the kid's parent jokingly asked my wife if I was in charge of the gift since it looked so terrible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In earnest, this is one my wife rags on me for all the time -- wrapping presents.

Part of it is my own indifference, but I really have zero intuition for where I'm supposed to be cutting/folding/taping the paper down, and the end result looks like a 5-year-old did it.
And somehow you are still better at it than me.

Reaction Score
I saw the title of this thread and the first thing I thought was, "I'm the worst pool player." I've succeeded at different sports and have very good hand eye coordination, but man... I suck.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Ice skating. Played all the major sports growing up except hockey since the closest rink was a half hour away. I’ve always had horrific balance on the ice. My kid is 9 and skates circles around me when we go to open skate. Although he should considering the money we spend on his hockey related activities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom