OT: - Things You Suck At Worse Than You Should | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Things You Suck At Worse Than You Should

Reaction Score
That's a good one. I swear I was better at it when I was 12 than I am now.
Agreed. I remember being decent. My wife asked me to wrap a Christmas gift last year and after 15 mins, she shook her head and handed me a gift bag. I was terrible!

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Math. It was never my strongest subject but with the combination of getting old and reliance on technology I’m craptactular now. Played blackjack the other night and kept asking “how much do I have?” Didn’t stop from taking home a few black chips though

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1. No sense of direction. None. I get lost everywhere. I second guess GPS.
2. I cannot fold a shirt or a towel despite having copious instruction from my wife.
3. Tolerating you people.
Folding towels is my Achilles’ heel as well. I mean, really, how hard can it be? You’re making a rectangle into smaller rectangles. I try and feel like I’m doing everything right, I but it never comes out nice and neat and consistently sized. I can fold a flag like a pro, but I just can’t get towels.

Reaction Score
It's May and in spite of others saying this will be a busy month, we are four days in and nothing newsworthy.

So, feel free to show some introspection and come clean with things you are worse at than just not being good at it.

For me it's pool/billiards. Might be the worst player I know at it. Not really sure why I'm bad at it either. Plenty of other hand/eye sports I can do well and there's nothing complicated to get average at playing the game. It's all geometry and physics with angles and spin. Sure, at higher levels there're players curving the cue ball and other whacky stuff but I can't even hit basic straight on shots or basic bank shots. I pick up a stick a few times a year at most but considering how many times I have played over the years I should be better than what I am at it.

The other thing I suck at is trying to start somewhat interesting offseason OT threads.
I never could dance well even though my parents spent money on dancing lessons when I was a kid. Only the cha cha could I do, and that is a defunct dance.

I was lousy at pool too for the few times I played it.

Never could pick up chess either. And though I am now a "senior," I don't think I would want to try to learn bridge. Setback was as far as I got with card games.

Good thing for Spotify and the extensive and ongoing playlists I have created. Then there is the BY to read for the ad hominem du jour.

Reaction Score
Overly simple DIY things far too often prove difficult/problematic. I mean there's no reason that installing a new doorknob should be an issue. But I guarantee it will be far more difficult than it needs to be.
That is why I call a carpenter for all seemingly minor household repairs and installations.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Folding towels is my Achilles’ heel as well. I mean, really, how hard can it be? You’re making a rectangle into smaller rectangles. I try and feel like I’m doing everything right, I but it never comes out nice and neat and consistently sized. I can fold a flag like a pro, but I just can’t get towels.

There’s a middle step in there somewhere that is not readily apparent to people like us.

Reaction Score
I'm great at folding towels. Easy for me. :)
But folding fitted sheets? I will never figure it out. :oops:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Remembering peoples names in present time.
I can remember all my elementary teacher names and who I sat next to and names from the past but people I met yesterday - forget about it
Some people think I have an outstanding memory because of the past recall.
I suck at anything algebraic - I flunked algebra one 2 times and algebra two once

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
turning on my laptop & remembering what the hell I turned it on for, I mean I can remember crap going back to early single digit years of my life & in my mid 50's now but when I go to my laptop with a specific action in mind the moment I open the lid I can't remember a dam thing and end up on the boneyard

Reaction Score
1. No sense of direction. None. I get lost everywhere. I second guess GPS.
2. I cannot fold a shirt or a towel despite having copious instruction from my wife.
3. Tolerating you people.
Sometimes I wonder how you haven't killed at least one of us. Throat punches are good, I guess. But murder would really shut the rest of us up.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder how you haven't killed at least one of us. Throat punches are good, I guess. But murder would really shut the rest of us up.
When did he get rid of the wood chipper?

Reaction Score
Racket sports. I was good at baseball. I have good hand eye coordination. But I can't play racket sports. I hit it on the handle all the time. I have no idea why.

In the same vein, I was nothing special but a good enough baseball player to get burn on good HS and AAU teams. But somehow, in softball I cannot avoid weak grounders to short or popups to shallow left. Everyone told me its a different swing and that I would get a hang of it. Well, 3 years later I still blow.

Reaction Score
Dentist or Lawyer?

You are one or the other (or maybe some kind of Dr.)

But yeah, I taught for years, and it was amazing the 5,000 dollar and up!!!!! guitars my students who were dentists or lawyers walked in with and couldnt play. I was teaching with a home made partscaster that probably cost me 550 all in. And then the next week they brought another to show me! And that's fine, its a hobby, I own expensive cooking crap and Im not a chef (it's my hobby).

Just relating an uncanny life experience.

I bet one of those is a Gibson Les Paul. Probably an R9. You definitely have a Paul Reed Smith too. And a Martin or Taylor (or both) acoustic. amirite?
Yes to the Gibson Les Paul. Too heavy to practice with, but beautiful. I have a D18. No PRS. I have more time these days so I've picked them up again recently. The missus gets bothered from hearing Bad Moon Rising over and over. Oh, it's anesthesia. Hence the zzzz.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It's May and in spite of others saying this will be a busy month, we are four days in and nothing newsworthy.

So, feel free to show some introspection and come clean with things you are worse at than just not being good at it.

I was horrible at mumblety-peg. Threw the knife through my foot. Never played that again.

Sheet rock taping. Not very good at that. Luckily, I have a couple fishing buddies who are masters at it.

Chemistry. That's what made me drop out of Bpt. Engineering Institute half way through the first year. I aced the tests to get out of first year drafting and math. Didn't know the first thing about chemistry, so didn't take that test. Found out that for some reason, chemistry made zero sense to me. The periodic tables were beyond me. No way to just figure it out on the fly. Had to memorize them thangs. Not how my mind works.

Reaction Score
Keeping my lawn in good shape, which is a requirement because in my neighborhood is a freaking competitive sport.

After five years of epic failures I broke down and hired a professional. They charge a small fortune but the lawn is at the very least lush and mostly weed-free.

(Both kinds of weed).

Also navigating my home electronic setup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom