These are the AG facts! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

These are the AG facts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Actually, the only time I've inferred GA thus far are when posters like to remind me how many championships he has won. BI think that is incredibly stupid and silly. But I never called or inferred anybody was a GA homer!
If they gave awards for unintentional irony, this would be hall of fame worthy.

Reaction Score
it sounds to me like AG is beginning to show the coaches what they want to see in practice more consistently but has not yet transferred it into game play. If that is true I think it is very encouraging. I believe everyone sees the incredible potential in Aubrey’s game if she develops those areas of her game that are currently keeping her on the bench. I still think we will see just how awesome she can be at some point. I just hope the light comes on sooner rather than later. I can’t resist asking though, who you would bet on in a game of horse between CW and AG?

Reaction Score
Yes, Geno is a great coach because he knows how to get the most out of his players. I like AG’s energy as much as the next person but I also know her limitations, especially when compared to what her teammates bring to the game, so I think she is being used correctly, a tremendous short burst off the bench. We think 6th off the bench as being a single player but great teams have several players who fit that category. UConn is such a team. Appreciate AG for what she does. I certainly do.

Reaction Score
That was a long time ago. Is it not prudent to also think that she may not perform to that level since she hasn't shown it in two years?

She is important no doubt. If she can play defense as well as she did against Marquette, then it isn't as imperative that she shoot really well but the cold spells when she misses shot after shot is a worry. When we shot well, including CW(I think she had 9 pts in the first quarter in the first quarter against Marquette, we scored 29 but then CW ) went cold the rest of the game and some of her teammates cooled off as well, so we only scored 44 the rest of the way.

Hopefully, CW can keep playing defense like she did against Marquette and avoid the cold spell she had for 3 quarters of the championship game.

Reaction Score
it sounds to me like AG is beginning to show the coaches what they want to see in practice more consistently but has not yet transferred it into game play. If that is true I think it is very encouraging. I believe everyone sees the incredible potential in Aubrey’s game if she develops those areas of her game that are currently keeping her on the bench. I still think we will see just how awesome she can be at some point. I just hope the light comes on sooner rather than later. I can’t resist asking though, who you would bet on in a game of horse between CW and AG?
I'm taking AG in a game of one on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak