The Worst Possible Out Come | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Worst Possible Out Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
1) Tell me which school was going to leave the ACC, B1G, Big 12, or SEC to join the big east football schools in a split. I can't wait to hear this.
If this premise is true (may very well have been prior to the last raid, absolutely afterward) there really was no reason for any current (including Cuse & Pitt) to do anything beyond trying to land in a conference that was in position to expand to sixteen the minute BC became the third departure.

More importantly, with all of the bluster that some were tossing around about the enormous television deal we were in line for (with the ACC at that time stuck in a long term deal that had already becpome obsolete and half of the B-12 looking to jump for UT's greed) it wouldn't have taken a whole lot of creativity for someone to look into what kind of TV deal it could bring if they took the BE eight and tried to lure a few from each of the other two conferences,

2) Your point doesn't elude me. I responded to it, and am still waiting for an answer to my questions. Your response included many assumptions, among them was your claim that there were other non-football, basketball powers in other conference footprints. Like who? Go back and respond to my questions if you want.
I must have missed your questions (as the only response I saw ways you claimg that BL answered it to which I did address those points). Believe it or not DePaul and Marquette both sit in the B1G's footprint while Gonzaga sits within the footprint of the P-12. Even more to the point, once the ACC added BC, every catholic member of the pre-raid BE (except the one that they have been making a play for) ended up within their footprint. Somehow the massive advantages of adding these schools and their markets have gone over the heads of the people in charge of those two conferences.

3) I haven't been advocating we stick around, exactly the opposite.
Best answer you've had in days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA