The World Cup Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

The World Cup Thread

Reaction Score
In addition to England's suspicious penalty shot scorers, news reports indicate their goalie Air Jordan Pickford and coaching staff research correctly projected the target direction on 4 of 5 Colombian players. Only Colombia's Radamel Falcao kicked the ball in a different direction than research projected.

Speaking of Pickford, the Everton goalie only had 3 caps for England prior to this World Cup. In addition, media reports indicate he was only 2 years old the last time England won a game decided by penalty shots (1996 Euro Cup vs Spain). Not sure this is accurate, but apparently England won a World Cup match decided by penalty shots for only the 2nd time. If accurate, that adds color to some England supporters' extended misery since 1966.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brazil certainly had their chances! Belgium France will be a track meet

Reaction Score
France over whoever.

Belgium is a good team, and France made them look almost pedestrian. France is hitting on all cylinders.

Reaction Score
Mbappe + ball is faster than anyone without it. Scary good

Reaction Score
Mbappe + ball is faster than anyone without it. Scary good
Yes, but the 19 year old will benefit by expeditiously refraining from his ronaldo, neymar, et al drop & roll impersonations.

Reaction Score
FIFA confirms dates for World Cup in 2022. 11/21 will be the first match with the finals on 12/18.
What a mess Qatar will cause European leagues. Ideally, the US qualifies and most players are European based. However, MLS will absolutely need to compact or shift its' 2022 schedule earlier to enable some US and other international players to participate in pre-Qatar friendlies.

France: Despite being outplayed much of the Final, the best team won. Now, on to Le Tour de France, a few CFL and MLS games, and waiting for gridiron football to begin.

Reaction Score
"The president, who was elected to replace Sepp Blatter in 2016, revealed that 'leagues around the world have been informed already' and stressed FIFA's strict position on this announcement, by adding that 'of course they will have to adapt."

So basically, "We know we're messing up the top 10 professional leagues in the world, but screw 'em! We have our money!"

I know it would never happen but I wish all of these top leagues would refuse to release their players and force FIFA to have Liechtenstein vs. Fiji in the final.
Head bang

Reaction Score
I would be alright with messing up the leagues for one year in order to bring the World Cup some place where they could never hold it unless they changed the dates. But not this way, where they are basically using slave labor and over 1000 people have died building the stadiums. They move a head of the IOC in the corruption scale.

Reaction Score
I know it would never happen but I wish all of these top leagues would refuse to release their players and force FIFA to have Liechtenstein vs. Fiji in the final.
I'll go with Liechtensteinische Fußballnationalmannschaft blau rot!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom