The World Cup Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The World Cup Thread

Reaction Score
You know a player has scored a ridiculous goal when the color guy just goes, "whoa" and is then silent. That's basically what Stu Holden did after that shot. It was ridiculously good.
When Holden's silent, it's way beyond ridiculously good. Luckily, many other networks are available.

Reaction Score
You're referring to his second goal? It was sick. You know a player has scored a ridiculous goal when the color guy just goes, "whoa" and is then silent. That's basically what Stu Holden did after that shot. It was ridiculously good.

That post was for the first goal.

Reaction Score
You're referring to his second goal? It was sick. You know a player has scored a ridiculous goal when the color guy just goes, "whoa" and is then silent. That's basically what Stu Holden did after that shot. It was ridiculously good.

I actually didn’t see the second goal. I have a toddler.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yeah, he stinks. But they pretty much all stink. The only one I give a pass to is JP but that's more due to his long tradition of existence. Maybe try Telemundo?
JP for me is by far the worst. Can't stand him.

I like Derek Rae, unfortunately, he's stuck with Ali Wagner. (I liked her as a player, not so much as an announcer.)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All this jabber through out the match about Osario's job drove me crazy. Who cares if they fire the coach? This is about winning games not all these forced storylines.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
All this jabber through out the match about Osario's job drove me crazy. Who cares if they fire the coach? This is about winning games not all these forced storylines.
Let them fire him. I wouldn't mind Osario for the US coach. Hey, he at least got Mexico to the WC (and beat T&T away). :D

Reaction Score
Let them fire him. I wouldn't mind Osario for the US coach. Hey, he at least got Mexico to the WC (and beat T&T away). :D

Osorio just said that more Mexican players should be in Europe. Jurgen signed his death sentence when he said that. No way SUM allows the USSF to hire Osorio. Osorio won’t stick to the script.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Whoa....just turned on Japan game and they scored two quick goals....wtf?!?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Who is the color guy for this Japan game?? If you listen quickly he sounds like flipping Troy Aikman. Was wondering if Fox mixed up their "football" experts

Reaction Score
Who is the color guy for this Japan game?? If you listen quickly he sounds like flipping Troy Aikman. Was wondering if Fox mixed up their "football" experts

Tony Meola.

Reaction Score
Good thing Mark Geiger was there to embarrass the US in the World Cup. I’ve seen him lose control of a few games in Kansas City, I have no idea why he is so highly regarded.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Good thing Mark Geiger was there to embarrass the US in the World Cup. I’ve seen him lose control of a few games in Kansas City, I have no idea why he is so highly regarded.

Not defending geiger, but that was a tough one today. Tensions were high.

Reaction Score
Not defending geiger, but that was a tough one today. Tensions were high.
Tensions high, and the Colombians "lost their racks" (said, the announcer on Malaysian broadcast). As Zoo indirectly suggested, it's interesting for Geiger to have reffed a total of 6 World Cup games (3 in this World Cup; 3 in Brazil including Colombia's defeat of Greece). Reasonably or perhaps otherwise, somehow Geiger's earned some respect, is just liked by FIFA types making ref decisions, some hybrid, other TBD ???

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tensions high, and the Colombians "lost their racks" (said, the announcer on Malaysian broadcast). As Zoo indirectly suggested, it's interesting for Geiger to have reffed a total of 6 World Cup games (3 in this World Cup; 3 in Brazil including Colombia's defeat of Greece). Reasonably or perhaps otherwise, somehow Geiger's earned some respect, is just liked by FIFA types making ref decisions, some hybrid, other TBD ???

Well, I have no idea how they choose them, but as with anything FIFA touches, it's probably riddled with corruption.

Reaction Score
Apparently Englands win is under protest for suspicious PK takers.
4257B907-2BFF-4C9A-A206-F6DA837A7814.jpeg

Reaction Score
In Zoo's Colombia-England linked article, the video showing a Colombia technical staff member shoulder checking England's Raheem Sterling directly in front of the 4th ref is humorous. Look now, FIFA's copyright policy or embarassment appears to be resulting in the purportedly biased 4th ref's video being pulled from multiple media sources. ;) Couldn't find it in a Colombian news source.
www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/colombia-vs-england-raheem-sterling-video-coach-world-cup-2018-watch-itv-highlights-a8429781.html

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom