The UConn Report on twitter saying TJ Weist our new OC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The UConn Report on twitter saying TJ Weist our new OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So my questions would be; does Weist share GDL's OLine philosophies, and if not....how the hell is THAT gonna work?
Right...If there is an issue, Does O-line Coach Deleone go over the head of Offensive Coordinator Weist and b1tch to Associate Head Coach Deleone, who in turn, overrules Offensive Coordinator Weist on behalf of O-line Coach Deleone?

Reaction Score
Offensive coordinator is over a line coach. Cincinnati was a zone blocking team as well so the philosophies there are similar. OC makes the plays and gdl will be a bitch. As it should be

Reaction Score
So my questions would be; does Weist share GDL's OLine philosophies, and if not....how the hell is THAT gonna work?

I have no idea what a Cincy receiver's coach from 2012 would think about zone blocking, except that it can work quite well. I just took a look at this clip, and I might be way off, but it sure looks like this run was an inside out zone blocking scheme up front for Abernathy to either hit a wide open hole on the reverse if the DE failed to maintain the hard edge, or be isolated 1-1 in the open field with a DE on a full run. The DE stayed home on the edge, and Abernathy made his move and went right around him to pay dirt. There are other running lanes that could have been taken advantage of, on the same blocking movements of the line and TE, with different backfield packages and plays for the ball carrier. This one was an end around reverse.

We tried to run the same kind of thing many times, and generate the same kind of patterns in creating lanes up front, building off the running game, but we had a lot less success.

The system works, if we're going to run it, we better make sure that the coaches are teaching it effectively to players that can run it effectively and that includes backfield and wideouts (coaches and players) in addition to the OL coaches and players.

Reaction Score
actually the Louisville weakside DE stunted underneath, and the tackle was going straight up field and got off the block to set the edge, Abernathy was still isolated 1-1 with a single defender to beat (as long as the other 9 maintained blocks) and made a move and ran right around the defender and straight to the endzone untouched.

You need all your players to make their blocks on the field for the running game to work well, and you also need a ball carrier, that the vast majority of the time, is going to have to either make somebody miss, or run through and over somebody to get big chunks of yardage.

Reaction Score
Weist was recruiting coordinator at both WKU and Cincy... ;)
Yeah I know...and it seems that Cincy fans liked him a lot..they say he is both an excellent coach and tecruiter. But...and tbis is a BIG but...he will be OC here so someone else will have to handle recruiting coordinator duties. Unfortunately unless P lets Cersosimo go, or he leaves on his own I see him moving to what ever position isn't filled in the other job announcement for a RB or DB/Special teams coordinator. If Perkins gets the Charleston Southern job we may see that replacement named RC...unless P gives it to Wholley. If Cersosimo loses the RC spot along with being moved to another position maybe he looks to move on after this season...which if this team can't win at least 8 games and is competitive in all 12...will be a moot point when Manuel cleans house.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
578504_10100523878540412_506502634_n.jpg

I think this is the pic he was talking about.
For a second I thought she was just wearing a jersey.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Weist recruited Georgia and Florida. Two area's where UConn needs help since Brown left and Perkins may end up leaving as well.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I am surprised Foley is still around. He got great results until his last season as OL coach and we all know what happened then - GDL.

Yeah... you'd think if he was unhappy he'd be elsewhere... his resume is really good. He might just like Connecticut. There are worse places to live.

I, for one, am pretty enthusiastic about this move. If it works, the offense improves, and more importantly we win more games.. then I can live with PP. I still think that at this point in time PP has to prove that he's really changing things up. I honestly don't think 6-7 wins are enough either. My concern is that the administration thinks that that's good enough... Hopefully with WM comming from Michigan he'll know that's not good enough.

Reaction Score
Can I start tweeting weist welcome to uconn or what

Was thinking the same thing... How long are they gonna drag out this announcement? Hope that won't happen on Feb 6th... To me, that's pretty stupid. Overly political way of doing it. This is FBS College Football not politics.

Reaction Score
Seems like a great guy. Seems like a risky move, but if he can get a year in as a coordinator then that could open some other doors for him.

Reaction Score
Seems like a great guy. Seems like a risky move, but if he can get a year in as a coordinator then that could open some other doors for him.

Risky move for him or UConn Zoo?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So is there a @FakeCoachWeist account yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom