The UConn Report on twitter saying TJ Weist our new OC | The Boneyard

The UConn Report on twitter saying TJ Weist our new OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hmmm... Michigan connection. Coached 3 or 4 years early in career under Gary Moeller.

Good resume...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we didn't hire him to be OC guys.

now judge the hire

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Okay, what did we hire him for?
a 1 year tryout for HC. we will either get a new dc or hank will be given the job and it will be the same deal.

Reaction Score
So whats the deal with gdl? is he being re-assigned to an asst. head coach position.. Or is he being demoted to TE coach? This well be a key detail.

Reaction Score
Wow. actual good news for UCONN football fans.

I'm not sure what to do with myself ???

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Got a sweet looking Missus (sorry a litle stalky going onto his facebook page).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Where did you hear that?

i didn't hear it anywhere. why else would a guy come here for 1 year to be OC? he must think he has some type of shot to earn HC.

Reaction Score
i didn't hear it anywhere. why else would a guy come here for 1 year to be OC? he must think he has some type of shot to earn HC.

Because Jones didn't take him to TN and Tuberville named a new OC in Cincy?

Change of scenery?

Likes good pizza?

Reaction Score
Because Jones didn't take him to TN and Tuberville named a new OC in Cincy?

Change of scenery?

Likes good pizza?

This. Because every time you take a promotion somewhere, even if it's only for a year, you are that much better positioned to get your next job.

Reaction Score

Right now he is out of work...not retained by Tuberville at Cincy and Jones hired Zach Azzanini (wr coach/recruiting coord at Wisconsin last yr) wr coach for his staff at Tenn

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Plus, it could be a good resume builder if even for one year. He can say he took the horrible UConn offense (ranked almost last in D1 football) and turned them into the 40th ranked offense in the nation. There is nothing but upside with our offense!;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ok, i get the promotion part considering what happened at cincy with both coaches. so then why are we willing to promote him to OC? why do we feel he is worthy and not others? why not can sos and hire him? im all for that...

also i want gdl out just like most here, but why would we hire a OC for 1 year vs just letting P call plays or day and just go about things that way? why do we need a new hire at OC considering the other spots we need to fill? how is it any good at all for our kids(especially our 1 class year of whitmer-davis-phillips-lyle-frank) to have 3 OC's in 3 years basically? no way warde wants to put kids thru that(unless he is completely incompetent....hint). i think warde is looking at this hire and says, any offense guy calling plays will have this offense combined with there youth development doing well next year. i can then sell that to the fans and name him HC in waiting or something. this is my worry.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't see how GDL fits into the plans for 2013 and beyond up in Storrs, CT.... assistant HC or TE coach just doesn't make any sense whatsoever... We haven't heard anything since a few weeks ago when we thought he left to coach TEs for the Giants... I think we'll end up hearing something similar once they decide to officially let us fans know what's going on.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't see how GDL fits into the plans for 2013 and beyond up in Storrs, CT.... assistant HC or TE coach just doesn't make any sense whatsoever... We haven't heard anything since a few weeks ago when we thought he left to coach TEs for the Giants... I think we'll end up hearing something similar once they decide to officially let us fans know what's going on.

I agree with Ktuck, and we should know by the end of the week... for sure...

Reaction Score
If true, glad we took a Cincy guy, that team always seems to have a knack of getting the most out of their offense even if they aren't the most talented team around. Cincy always tailors their offense to fit the skills of their players, hopefully Weist brings that here.

Reaction Score
ok, i get the promotion part considering what happened at cincy with both coaches. so then why are we willing to promote him to OC? why do we feel he is worthy and not others? why not can sos and hire him? im all for that...

also i want gdl out just like most here, but why would we hire a OC for 1 year vs just letting P call plays or day and just go about things that way? why do we need a new hire at OC considering the other spots we need to fill? how is it any good at all for our kids(especially our 1 class year of whitmer-davis-phillips-lyle-frank) to have 3 OC's in 3 years basically? no way warde wants to put kids thru that(unless he is completely incompetent....hint). i think warde is looking at this hire and says, any offense guy calling plays will have this offense combined with there youth development doing well next year. i can then sell that to the fans and name him HC in waiting or something. this is my worry.

With all due respect......you have no idea what you're talking about.

Now back to the hoop game..........

Reaction Score

WTF are you even saying? You made no less than 20 threads on this board demanding that GDL get canned, and now you're questioning why we need to make a change?

How about this, Pasqualoni is not an offensive coach and he really wants to keep his job, so he's going to go in a different direction from what has failed, with perhaps a little nudging from Warde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom