The transfer portal opens today | Page 50 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Providence might be pretty bad next year. A one-man team of Hopkins coming off ACL tear. They lost Carter, Oduro, Ticket, Dual, and Castro. I guess Barron was alright in limited minutes this year. Couple of okay transfers in, but nobody I'd be super excited about (especially for this upcoming year, Christ might be decent in a couple years).
Hopefully Christ can resurrect his career with the Friars...

Reaction Score
I Feel like if we got word Alex was going to stay in the draft that Pryor would become of great interest here. Pryor also in draft process. So perhaps they can overlap in a way as a solid backup plan to Alex going pro

Reaction Score
I watched him live and he’s just a high motor energetic big point guard. he can handle the ball really well. Plays defense really well and he didn’t really shoot the ball so i don’t remember that aspect of his game. but if karaban comes back i don’t see him coming.
Agree 1000% if AK back not getting him. He handles very well, he has a unique skill set.

Reaction Score
This one caught me by surprise. Not sure how Scheyer is going to make everyone happy next year, even with the mass exodus…

wow! i figured they would get a couple of transfer guards, not a bigger forward. how do they plan on giving this kid minutes? playing a team of five 6'8" guys at the same time?

Reaction Score
wow! i figured they would get a couple of transfer guards, not a bigger forward. how do they plan on giving this kid minutes? playing a team of five 6'8" guys at the same time?
don't have to worry about divvying up minutes when you only have 5 players! :)

Reaction Score
Providence might be pretty bad next year. A one-man team of Hopkins coming off ACL tear. They lost Carter, Oduro, Ticket, Dual, and Castro. I guess Barron was alright in limited minutes this year. Couple of okay transfers in, but nobody I'd be super excited about (especially for this upcoming year, Christ might be decent in a couple years).
Yeah I'm not sure what KE is going for with his current transfer adds. Taking in a bunch of low/mid level starters and role players from non tournament caliber teams isn't going to cut it.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Disagree, they're about to get Cardet and that dude can play. I like what Kim English is doing.
And UGA transfer Jabri Abdur-Rahim can score, doesn’t turn the ball over a lot, and had was productive in a lot of games, but needs to become more consisten.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Yeah I see him more of a Karaban Replacement. Maybe a better handle than Karaban and better D. He is not as good of a 3 PT shooter, but he did shoot 36%, or passer as Karaban. Pretty good rebounder. He can create his own offense at times off the dribble too. I saw him a game and came away impressed.
He played the 5 in most games (due to personnel issues at USF) but is really a 4. He’s one of those players who grew tall later, so he likes to dribble, and is a nice ball handler for a big guy. He’s quite quirky and fun to watch. He took the team on his back a few times this season and willed a win. Not afraid of contact. His pregame warm up routine is interesting as is his free throw routine. Got sat down a couple of games by the Coach and he learned from that.

Reaction Score
I think Providence and Xavier are the second and third best teams in the Big East next year.
Then the conference is going to be awful. You see that if UConn ever escapes to B12 or ACC the Big East is going to have some years where it’s very mediocre.

Reaction Score
That's a biiiiig jump. He had like 2 really good games and 5 total stinkers in their 7 games against good teams.
17.5 ppg 42% shooting the last two seasons against power conference basketball schools plus Gonzaga.

Good players can play no matter the school/conference. He was the 65th ranked player coming out of high school by Rivals and 78th by 247 coming out of high school. Was ranked 17th in his class by 247 at one time.

Reaction Score
And UGA transfer Jabri Abdur-Rahim can score, doesn’t turn the ball over a lot, and had was productive in a lot of games, but needs to become more consisten.
He shot 36% from the field for the season and was 33/31/89 in conference play which is pretty rough. He doesn't turn it over because he doesn't pass haha, guy had 10 total assists this past season and 7 the year before that.

Reaction Score
Michigan transfer admission strikes again. Might be why they took Wolf over Goldin, too. Easier to get in as an undergraduate transfer (you can often only transfer in 2 years worth of credits so upperclassmen won't be on track to graduate). Though did Davis really not graduate in 4 years at FAU?
Respect to Michigan. Second time in as many years this has happened (Caleb love last year). Michigan is one of the few power schools that still cares about academics along with NW, Stanford, Cal, and Vandy? Duke certainly doesn’t anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This class with Flagg and that Center look a step above talent wise. Idk about anyone else.

Having a 7’1 tank and a generational talent next to him will be different than that Tik Toker and the tweener Flip.

They had #s 2, 3 and 4 2 years ago. Hindsight is helpful. Maluach looks like he sucks.

caw

Reaction Score
Respect to Michigan. Second time in as many years this has happened (Caleb love last year). Michigan is one of the few power schools that still cares about academics along with NW, Stanford, Cal, and Vandy? Duke certainly doesn’t anymore.
Third in three? They also didn’t let Shannon in, IIRC.

caw

Reaction Score
I think Providence and Xavier are the second and third best teams in the Big East next year.

Behind who? I would put Creighton way up there if they still have Kalk and Alexander. And even with the turnover UConn should be in the mix. Those would be my top two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom