The transfer portal opens today | Page 51 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
Mason Gillis just committed to Duke. Would imagine that takes them out of the Brea sweepstakes.

Reaction Score
So Gillis and Brown, versatility to go small but I figure someone is going to get squeezed on minutes

Reaction Score
Can we just bring in Johnell Davis and Vlad already
Rumors are Davis is asking $2.5 mil. Nobody is coming close to his asking price. See Sleepers media for a little more on the Michigan reports, some of it doesn’t seem to add up.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Rumors are Davis is asking $2.5 mil. Nobody is coming close to his asking price. See Sleepers media for a little more on the Michigan reports, some of it doesn’t seem to add up.
So around 3.5-4 million for the pair. Lol. We might as well offer that to Clingan, Drummond or Sanogo. Outrageous. Don King is doing NIL negotiations now???

Reaction Score
That list never ends on UConn, Hausen wants be a husky, sign him up
Duke and Kansas are in the outside looking in. Really think we are in the drivers seat in this one

Reaction Score
I really like Max Shulga from VCU. Solid from 3 but not an elite shooter like Brea but is multidimensional on offense in terms of play making and end of shot clock creation. Shulga more of a Cam Spencer comp whereas Brea is Hawkins esque. My order is Shulga, Brea, Mahaney.

caw

Reaction Score
Duke and Kansas are in the outside looking in. Really think we are in the drivers seat in this one

Don't count out Scheyer's ability to recruit over players on his roster. I am just baffled by his recruiting this offseason.

I can understand one of Brown/Gillis but both seem odd unless he is planning to take time from Evans/Knoeppel, or play one of them at the guard position. Seems a backup PG would have been a better position to recruit. Or a combo.

PG: Proctor
SG: Foster, Evans?, Harris?
SF: Gillis, Knoeppel
PF: Flagg, Brown
C: Malauch, Ngongba

Reaction Score
I really like Max Shulga from VCU. Solid from 3 but not an elite shooter like Brea but is multidimensional on offense in terms of play making and end of shot clock creation. Shulga more of a Cam Spencer comp whereas Brea is Hawkins esque. My order is Shulga, Brea, Mahaney.
I do too, but so far no interest and the NIL guy seemed to indicate they don’t want to run Ball off With Shulga types with high usage, although Mahaney seems to be a big-time 2G as well.

Reaction Score
I would guess this has been addressed but I had not thought about it until now.

With NIL what stops a school from loading up their rosters with high-level players beyond the scholarship limit?

Their tuition (+++) can be paid with NIL money.

Just competition for minutes?

Reaction Score

With NIL what stops a school from loading up their rosters with high-level players beyond the scholarship limit?

Yes competition for minutes. You'd have to be paying the guys out of rotation top top money since they're not showcasing anything to anyone, and there's just no way that that is rational since you're getting nothing out of it and then they can just leave after the season. Why spend that money?

Reaction Score

There used to be an NCAA rule about this. If a player is recruited he has to count against the 13 scholarships no matter how his scholarship is paid. Any contact between a coach and player effectively puts him in this category.

The only way to overcome this would be to be admitted into the university as a regular student, and then to make sure you never talked to the coaches or players, or if you did, it had to be done secretly.

Reaction Score
Mason Gillis just committed to Duke. Would imagine that takes them out of the Brea sweepstakes.
I know this post was a while ago, but Koby Brea included Duke in his top 5. We were in there too

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
There used to be an NCAA rule about this. If a player is recruited he has to count against the 13 scholarships no matter how his scholarship is paid. Any contact between a coach and player effectively puts him in this category.

The only way to overcome this would be to be admitted into the university as a regular student, and then to make sure you never talked to the coaches or players, or if you did, it had to be done secretly.
Pitino had at least two above the scholly limit last year, so it is not hard to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom