The transfer portal opens today | Page 52 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
Interesting landing spot for Caroline’s brother:

Their roster was pilfered so he’ll have a chance to earn a huge role right away. Joins Marcus Jackson.

Reaction Score
I do too, but so far no interest and the NIL guy seemed to indicate they don’t want to run Ball off With Shulga types with high usage, although Mahaney seems to be a big-time 2G as well.
Who is the NIL guy?

Reaction Score
There used to be an NCAA rule about this. If a player is recruited he has to count against the 13 scholarships no matter how his scholarship is paid. Any contact between a coach and player effectively puts him in this category.

The only way to overcome this would be to be admitted into the university as a regular student, and then to make sure you never talked to the coaches or players, or if you did, it had to be done secretly.
But Andre Drummond was eventually a walk-on right? ... He was definitely recruited

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
But Andre Drummond was eventually a walk-on right? ... He was definitely recruited
The story of Drummond and Michael Bradley was so convoluted. I feel like the official version changed like four times, and I don't even remember what ended up being true

Reaction Score
Interesting landing spot for Caroline’s brother:

Their roster was pilfered so he’ll have a chance to earn a huge role right away. Joins Marcus Jackson.

I remember thinking I had no idea how this kid was rated as a 4* player when I watched EYBL in HS. Siena seems like a much better level for him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Self taking a page out of scheyers book and recruiting over his 5* freshmen
I can't believe this is a receipe for long-term success. But it's a new paradigm.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
There used to be an NCAA rule about this. If a player is recruited he has to count against the 13 scholarships no matter how his scholarship is paid. Any contact between a coach and player effectively puts him in this category.

The only way to overcome this would be to be admitted into the university as a regular student, and then to make sure you never talked to the coaches or players, or if you did, it had to be done secretly.
Now there are players recruited as preferred walk-ons in football. And no worries about roster limits.

Reaction Score
Now there are players recruited as preferred walk-ons in football. And no worries about roster limits.
That has always been there though. Preferred walk-ons for football have always been allowed. The rule has been enforced in bball.

Reaction Score

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
All the hand-wringing about APR seems downright adorable in retrospect.
Is that even still a thing?

We were seriously the only remotely big-name team to ever face a penalty on that. It's enough to make you believe in conspiracy theories.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
And look how that worked out.
1713974256738.jpeg

Reaction Score

Until someone (grad transfer or otherwise) wants to transfer to Auburn on August 28th and sues the NCAA for restricting his ability to earn a living.

Give it up with "rules". Has the NCAA won a challenge on any rule or disciplinary decision in a decade? Make these contractual agreements. Most likely no non-competes though, as the FTC just passed a rule banning those.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom