The transfer portal opens today | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
More idiocy brought to us by them there academic geniuses that be running the NCAA

Now programs may not be accepting NIT bids because it's more important for them to start working the portal

The NCAA is insanely stupid. Managerial malpractice

Reaction Score
Another example of why we win a lot. Majority of kids (mostly not their fault), handlers and coaches aren’t focused on culture, building from within & right things but rather quick fixes.

Unreal the amounts of money spent at Arkansas the past two years, Miami, etc to not win much.

Villanova getting away from the special sauce Wright cultivated. Don’t understand why they took so many transfers, some of the young guys should have played more or had more usage (Hausen, Longino & usage-Armstrong), but they spent a ton of a bunch of jags Who prob weren’t happy with severely diminished roles from prior schools.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
In addition to the current overlap of the portal and the NCAAT, there's also a 15 day overlap of entering the portal and the spring NLI period. from April 17 - May 1. The NLI period then ends on May 15th.

CFB coaches have also been screaming about their dates, and seems that the decision makers in the NCAA don't look at the entire calendar with any sort of logic.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
In addition to the current overlap of the portal and the NCAAT, there's also a 15 day overlap of entering the portal and the spring NLI period. from April 17 - May 1. The NLI period then ends on May 15th.

CFB coaches have also been screaming about their dates, and seems that the decision makers in the NCAA don't look at the entire calendar with any sort of logic.
I believe they changed the calendars in CFB to move the winter NLI period up before the portal opens.

Reaction Score
Dang some of these kids were hitting the refresh button waiting for the portal to go live for this season

Reaction Score
Ok state transfer Brandon Garrison could be a nice fit here. Talented big who can stretch the floor. Samson and him can split the time

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
CFB coaches have also been screaming about their dates, and seems that the decision makers in the NCAA don't look at anything with any sort of logic.

Fixed that for you.

Reaction Score
I have 2 conflicting opinions on this. The portal shouldn't open in the middle of the NCAA tournament. Expecting kids to sit on their hands for 4 weeks waiting is not realistic. Not sure what the compromise is

Reaction Score
I have 2 conflicting opinions on this. The portal shouldn't open in the middle of the NCAA tournament. Expecting kids to sit on their hands for 4 weeks waiting is not realistic. Not sure what the compromise is
It should open after the Elite 8. That's 2 weeks away. 359/363 teams are home and ready to get into their offseason. That's the time to do it.

Reaction Score
Perhaps the compromise is that if your team is not in the tournament, you can announce you are leaving.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley brought up tampering several times after the game, pleading that his little-used freshmen wait their turn behind the number of future NBA players in UConn’s starting lineup. “I get the intel from my staff, different programs that, while they’re still playing and while other people are still playing, are tampering… The whole thing is just an embarrassing mess the way some programs operate,” Hurley said. “Our game is so despicable in some ways with the way people are functioning in March.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom