The transfer portal opens today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
A Harvard senior who averaged half a point per game? Just go to McKinsey, dude. What the hell are you doing?
I think this might be the case of a kid who wants to play some more College ball and has his eye on a grad program at agood academic intitution, maybe he'll be a star at D3 Carnegie Mellon while he gets a Master in a field they are known for.

Reaction Score
I think this might be the case of a kid who wants to play some more College ball and has his eye on a grad program at agood academic intitution, maybe he'll be a star at D3 Carnegie Mellon while he gets a Master in a field they are known for.
Or go D1 for similar reasons and get a free year of your graduate degree.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait for a player on a top NCAA tournament team to file to enter the portal. I don’t know the rules but I imagine it will end up in court and the NCAA will lose if they try to stop him. After all regulars students can apply to transfer at any time. Athletes should have that right too.

Reaction Score
Cliff Omoruyi reportedly will be entering the portal. Staff wanted him bad out of high school but ended up with Sanogo reclassing instead. Pike will be under pressure to win big next year with 2 top 5 recruits.

Unconfirmed buzz on the St John's board about Des Claude too, but Xavier is still playing and that could be false info from delusional Johnnies.
Hearing Omoruyi to St. John’s is a done deal.

Reaction Score
Cliff Omoruyi reportedly will be entering the portal. Staff wanted him bad out of high school but ended up with Sanogo reclassing instead. Pike will be under pressure to win big next year with 2 top 5 recruits.

Unconfirmed buzz on the St John's board about Des Claude too, but Xavier is still playing and that could be false info from delusional Johnnies.
Would love it if Omoruyi entered the portal. Would be a solid replacement for Donovan

Reaction Score
I hate that.

But also, I love the transfer portal. I feel sorry for my kids who I will be neglecting this week.
Haha, yeah I’m in the same boat. For my own sanity, I’m going to let the dust settle and then check out what’s out there once the games are over next Monday.

Reaction Score
Hearing Omoruyi to St. John’s is a done deal.

I'm not refuting this with any inside info, but Omoruyi hasn't officially entered the portal yet. Also I don't get why grad transfers wouldn't just wait until the regular portal window closes - Cam increased his market value and was able to get a sense of how competitive his suitors rosters would be next season (and get a sense of how bad/mediocre his Rutgers team would have been). But Cam was chasing a sure thing for a march madness run, some guys are only chasing $$$.

Also Cliff is Nigerian on an international student visa, so NIL deals are much more complicated (not impossible).

Reaction Score
I'm not refuting this with any inside info, but Omoruyi hasn't officially entered the portal yet. Also I don't get why grad transfers wouldn't just wait until the regular portal window closes - Cam increased his market value and was able to get a sense of how competitive his suitors rosters would be next season (and get a sense of how bad/mediocre his Rutgers team would have been). But Cam was chasing a sure thing for a march madness run, some guys are only chasing $$$.

Also Cliff is Nigerian on an international student visa, so NIL deals are much more complicated (not impossible).
Just telling what I’m hearing and very reliable sources. Always a chance it doesn’t happen but i wouldn’t bet on that.

Reaction Score
For those who hate the portal just a reminder that it's been very, very good to us. I don't have an issue with when the portal opens because many of these kids have contacted schools or been contacted already. The type of kid who Danny and staff will be looking for isn't going to take the first offer. There will be plenty of options left for the tournament teams once their season ends.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For those who hate the portal just a reminder that it's been very, very good to us. I don't have an issue with when the portal opens because many of these kids have contacted schools or been contacted already. The type of kid who Danny and staff will be looking for isn't going to take the first offer. There will be plenty of options left for the tournament teams once their season ends.
The concern is people contacting our players, or any players while they are playing in the tournament. Thats a distraction and could hurt team chemistry. It shouldn’t be open until everyone is done playing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The concern is people contacting our players, or any players while they are playing in the tournament. Thats a distraction and could hurt team chemistry. It shouldn’t be open until everyone is done playing.
How awkward must it be for whoever Hurley has been openly talking about being tampered with while still playing for us.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Unfettered free agency.......that's where we are heading. Teams with access to the most money will acquire and retain the most talent. As this process matures it will be grotesque for those of us who experienced college athletics over the past 30-40 years.

Honestly, it doesn't hold any interest for me, even recognizing that UCONN has a fighters chance with mens and womens hoops to compete at the highest levels. Football is a lost cause......

Yeah I think we have a fighter’s chance to compete at the highest level

Reaction Score

My understanding is an international student can’t sign an NIL deal in the US, but can sign one outside of the US (as UConn women’s center Aaliyah Edwards did in her home country of Canada).

Reaction Score
Do you honestly think that every back channel, back door, underground, smoke signals communication method hasn’t been going on all year like it always has? Do you know what the #1 mode of back channel communication form is?
Team member- “Coach, jumpin Johnny Jones hates it at Duke, he asked me if you’d be interested?”
Coach-“Tell Johnny to get his ass in the portal and we’d love to talk to him as soon as UConn is done kicking our ass in the NCAA’s.
Team member-OK Coach, I’ll let him know. I know it’ll be soon cause it won’t take those crazy MoFo’s from UConn long to mop the floor with our sorry asses.”

Reaction Score
Would love it if Omoruyi entered the portal. Would be a solid replacement for Donovan
The problem is if we get a starting center in the portal, Samson will likely enter the portal. How can we get a backup 5 from the portal?

Reaction Score
My understanding is an international student can’t sign an NIL deal in the US, but can sign one outside of the US (as UConn women’s center Aaliyah Edwards did in her home country of Canada).

Yes. Our foreign players took a trip the last couple years to the bahamas to set up their deals IIRC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom