The Ribbon boards and Temp seating revealed | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Ribbon boards and Temp seating revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From UConn Compliance: http://www.uconnhuskies.com/compliance/contact-psa.html

• [ ]YOU MAY NOT entertain or provide tickets at reduced cost to UConn home or away athletic or non-athletic events to a prospect, the prospect's family or friends. Admission to these events is strictly managed by the Division of Athletics.
What's a prospect you may ask:

--Prospective Student-Athlete: A prospective student-athlete ("prospect") is defined as an individual who has begun classes for the ninth (9th) grade. However, it is possible for a student who is still in a lower grade to be considered as a prospect. Please ask first if you have any questions or concerns.

You should know by now you can't mess with the NCAA, unless you wanna change grades of fake classes, pay players, hire a player "hostess" etc. etc.......

That language is for boosters (and very applicable) - I'm pretty sure there is a way for the UConn's Department of Athletics to do it but it is a paperwork nightmare w/ detailed tracking required. Easier to shoot for kids in 8 grade and below (cub scouts, church groups, etc...)

Reaction Score
2000 regular seats plus 3000 temp seats? Maybe UCONN was looking to open up the temp seating should it have been a sell out.

IDK - Didn't sound like it, but could be I guess - he had a bunch of tweets about it earlier today (they are farther up in thread)

Reaction Score
Doing something like this would be a lot more cost effective than the original expansion plans - those plans are for a third deck opposite the tower. The open end of the stadium, if memory serves, was some kind of cosmetic thing with the orientation of the stadium such that people sitting in a majority of the upper deck seating would have a view of the Hartford skyline. Don't quote me on that.

My legit concern would be the wind. The wind coming in off that side of the stadium can be a significant home field advantage. I remember at least two games (Syracuse, cincinatti - where the wind coming in there was so strong it clearly effected the opposing team. I remember Zack Collaros trying to throw a deep ball at one point that basically stopped mid air and dropped to us for an INT.

I can live with less wind, and more fans though.

The wind made it almost impossible to throw the ball in many games. The NC State game comes to mind. It was a real snoozer which I can live without. In a year or 2 we might have a real arm back there who won't miss it. BTW I like the RB's.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Beaver Stadium at PSU is a giant erector set.

Never understood people's need for poured concrete. Make it cheap and safe and get on with it.

IMO, going to a Bills home game in their old stadium is 10x better than any of the new stadiums I've been in (Meadowlands, Foxboro, Ford Field, Wash. DC, etc.). The Bills--even with their horrific losing--have a great atmosphere at their games as well. Loud.

My recollection is that Volunteer Stadium in KNoxville is the same. Don't remember alot of concrete.

Reaction Score
From UConn Compliance: http://www.uconnhuskies.com/compliance/contact-psa.html

• [ ]YOU MAY NOT entertain or provide tickets at reduced cost to UConn home or away athletic or non-athletic events to a prospect, the prospect's family or friends. Admission to these events is strictly managed by the Division of Athletics.
What's a prospect you may ask:

--Prospective Student-Athlete: A prospective student-athlete ("prospect") is defined as an individual who has begun classes for the ninth (9th) grade. However, it is possible for a student who is still in a lower grade to be considered as a prospect. Please ask first if you have any questions or concerns.
You should know by now you can't mess with the NCAA, unless you wanna change grades of fake classes, pay players, hire a player "hostess" etc. etc.......

Who does "You" refer to us fans/boosters or the University? This would be coordinated by the Division of Athletics I would assume.

Reaction Score
Would they go this route when they already have the blueprints for a buildout to 55,000? I'm assuming this end of the stadium will remain untouched until the need for the big buildout to 55,000.

There are no plans for 15.000 additional seats. The plans are for 10,000 additional seats on the home side of the stadium. Where are people coming up with the idea of a 15,000 seat expansion?

Reaction Score
There are no plans for 15.000 additional seats. The plans are for 10,000 additional seats on the home side of the stadium. Where are people coming up with the idea of a 15,000 seat expansion?

Shhhh... It's a Legendary Boneyard Myth. Look the other way.

Reaction Score
I saw the plans and blueprints when the construction company manafort was doing the prep for the Rent. The capacity can be up to 55k....

Reaction Score
I saw the plans and blueprints when the construction company manafort was doing the prep for the Rent. The capacity can be up to 55k....

Somebody better tell CDRA then... http://crdact.net/projects/completed/rentschler_field.html ;)

"The Stadium was designed to meet or exceed NCAA Division 1-A requirements for football, and can also accommodate other grass-surface events such as soccer, rugby and lacrosse. Total stadium capacity is 40,642. The Stadium has been designed with expansion capacity for 50,000 seats."

Reaction Score

I don't want to get into a peeing contest with anyone but I can tell you without question that the plans are for 50,000. The night of the pre season dinner at the rent, the representative giving the tour indicated that the plans were in place for an additional 10,000 seats. I was privileged to get a tour of the rent prior to opening and told by the UConn rep at the time that 10,000 additional could be added via a 3rd deck on the home side of the stadium. If they can add additional seats to the scoreboard area that is another possibility. That has never been in the plans for the future.

Reaction Score

Before the stadium was up, we were told it's expandable to 55k. 55k-40k = ?

Reaction Score
I don't want to get into a peeing contest with anyone but I can tell you without question that the plans are for 50,000. The night of the pre season dinner at the rent, the representative giving the tour indicated that the plans were in place for an additional 10,000 seats. I was privileged to get a tour of the rent prior to opening and told by the UConn rep at the time that 10,000 additional could be added via a 3rd deck on the home side of the stadium. If they can add additional seats to the scoreboard area that is another possibility. That has never been in the plans for the future.

So....

10k seats with a 3rd deck, 5k near the scoreboard?

Reaction Score
Before the stadium was up, we were told it's expandable to 55k. 55k-40k = ?

Every documented ever produced by the State of CT talks about capability of expansion to 50k. You want to add in 5k in portable/temporary bleachers - fair point. But the construction expectations was/is 50k

Anything is possible w/ reengineering...

Reaction Score
Another way to add seating would be to create Loge type seating in the sidewalk areas between the upper and lower decks. Because these would only be 2 to 3 rows wide you would not need major footings and they could be made out of precast or stick built in place. This would be another way to get people into their seats. Adding permanent seats where the temporaries are with the seats right up to the rail of the lower deck with portal entrances from underneath would be cheaper and make the stadium look a lot better. You can't beat the enclosed bowl look even if it's only 45 t0 47 thousand.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
In my head, I picture a 10K 3rd deck on the home sideline and 5K bleachers added to the scoreboard end to enclose the stadium. I think they can add a few K more to what they have now (under the scoreboard maybe) on that end and get close to 55K total.

First thing is first though: we have to start selling out games like Maryland first.

Reaction Score
So....

10k seats with a 3rd deck, 5k near the scoreboard?

There have never been any plans for any seats near the scoreboard. Why is that so hard for people to understand? The original plans for the stadium called for the possibility of 10,000 additional seats.

Reaction Score
There have never been any plans for any seats near the scoreboard. Why is that so hard for people to understand? The original plans for the stadium called for the possibility of 10,000 additional seats.

It's hard to understand because there are currently 4,000 extra seats near the end zone, so clearly the stadium is expandable to 55,000 with relative ease.

Reaction Score
Every documented ever produced by the State of CT talks about capability of expansion to 50k. You want to add in 5k in portable/temporary bleachers - fair point. But the construction expectations was/is 50k

Anything is possible w/ reengineering...

it wouldn't take reengineering, would it? I mean, there are temporary seats there now.

Reaction Score

There were never any plans for UCONN football helmets with a dogs eyes on them either.

Reaction Score
it wouldn't take reengineering, would it? I mean, there are temporary seats there now.

You wanna be an obstinate circular arguer on this topic, go for it - but you said they had blueprints. Did the blueprints you reference below show temp bleachers?

Would they go this route when they already have the blueprints for a buildout to 55,000? I'm assuming this end of the stadium will remain untouched until the need for the big buildout to 55,000.

This is not that important.

Reaction Score
There were never any plans for UCONN football helmets with a dogs eyes on them either.

We have been talking about the original design of the Rent. Now listen up. There was never any plan to expand the Rent by more than 10,000 seats. If we can ever get beyond that I will be as happy as anyone on this board.

Reaction Score
WE could get another 2-3k by narrowing the seats ala the Big House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member