The Ribbon boards and Temp seating revealed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Ribbon boards and Temp seating revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So are they going to sell these seats for MD or what? Seems like a waste to get them in for this game if they aren't going to be selling them, eh?

Reaction Score
It just boggles my mind how some people are never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever friggin happy. I can't even find the words....I mean, how is it possible to be such a downer on every single thing that is ever posted on this board?

It's never good enough.

:confused::(:eek::mad:

Reaction Score
Those Temp Seats are perfect for the awarding of tickets to honor students from schools around the state that I keep writing about. Keep em up. Distribute them to high schools, and have them plan field trips around trips to the RENT. Throw in a university sponsored tailgate for them. Hook em in early. All corners of the state. Danbury, Waterbury, New London, Bridgeport etc. Let's build this thing.

Reaction Score
Those Temp Seats are perfect for the awarding of tickets to honor students from schools around the state that I keep writing about. Keep em up. Distribute them to high schools, and have them plan field trips around trips to the RENT. Throw in a university sponsored tailgate for them. Hook em in early. All corners of the state. Danbury, Waterbury, New London, Bridgeport etc. Let's build this thing.

Seriously, one of the board's more eloquent writers should drop Warde an email suggesting this. That would not be me BTW. I suck at writing.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Order of the Day:
No Non-football fun allowed.
Report to your seats.
Eyes front on football field only.
Eyes right to scoreboard during stoppage of play.

Who are these "Red Liners," of whom you speak? I do not notice them. My attention is squarely on the 50 yard line for roughly 3 1/2 hours. Even when the Line of Scrimmage is the 32. That is the real way...nay...the only true way to watch football.

I should know, I've been to every home game since 1987. I've been to Ford Field in Detroit, I've been to Ames, Iowa and Notre Dame. I've been to Rogers Centre. Did you know they use something called the met..metr...meterik system up there? Crazy Canadians are a bunch of weirdos... Obviously not real fans. They took OUR game and added 10 yards and took away a down. For your information, a down represents one chance of a maximum series of four for the offensive team to try and advance the oblong, brown "ball" (everyone knows that balls are truly spherical in nature. A true, real football is a prolate spheroid. Definitely not a true sphere.) 10 yards, or 30 feet.

Lastly, I've been to Alabama. They weren't even playing football. I just felt the need to be around other real fans. :D

Full disclosure: I routinely miss a game per year and, while I've been on a few football road trips, I have not been to any of those places...for a football game. I have been to Dyersville Iowa (Field of Dreams) and the Rogers Centre for a Sox game...

Reaction Score
This...wish I could hit the "like" botton 1000 times. Outstanding Vision.

Reaction Score

Pretty sure there some rules in recruiting that would be an issue with something like this. High school marching bands though? That I think would be fun. That's been discussed around here before.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't contacting Chris Lawrence or Derek Miles be more appropriate? UConn rents the stadium. I'd love for the temp seats to become permanent, but that likely means additional rents. Like it or not, Rentschler Field, the venue, is a business and it lost money (though most of it was due to non-cash depreciation) over the last few years under Bushnell. If Global Spectrum can turn that around and get more dates booked, we're talking about a different story. Failing that, I'm afraid Rentschler is probably staying at the 40,000 cap until it can be proven it is in the best interest of the powers that be.

Reaction Score
I don't get why the seats are up, if nobody is sitting in them on Saturday? Did I understand that right? I ain't drunk neither.

Reaction Score
Went to NC State/ UNC game a couple years ago.. @NCState... They have temp-like bleachers in their endzone just like that..

Beaver Stadium at PSU is a giant erector set.

Never understood people's need for poured concrete. Make it cheap and safe and get on with it.

IMO, going to a Bills home game in their old stadium is 10x better than any of the new stadiums I've been in (Meadowlands, Foxboro, Ford Field, Wash. DC, etc.). The Bills--even with their horrific losing--have a great atmosphere at their games as well. Loud.

Reaction Score
Stadium looks sweet... But I expect a lot of empty seats on Saturday night

There's only 100 or so seats on Stubhub and the Uconn ticket site doesn't list remaining seats but I'd estimate they probably only have 400 or so left. Coupled with what is forecasted to be a beautiful late summer/early fall evening this game will be very heavily attended. No promises for the first and fourth quarters. But the middle of the game should be full!

Reaction Score
I don't get why the seats are up, if nobody is sitting in them on Saturday? Did I understand that right? I ain't drunk neither.

Contractor availability? Starting to get into fair season.

Reaction Score
Contractor availability? Starting to get into fair season.

At the Super Bowl last year, they tried to get the seats up 2 weeks before the game, and they never managed to do it. Half the fans with tickets ended up underground watching the game on TV--and the NFL didn't care.

Reaction Score
There's only 100 or so seats on Stubhub and the Uconn ticket site doesn't list remaining seats but I'd estimate they probably only have 400 or so left. Coupled with what is forecasted to be a beautiful late summer/early fall evening this game will be very heavily attended. No promises for the first and fourth quarters. But the middle of the game should be full!

But the temp seats will be empty per UConn. Makes sense.

Reaction Score
I saw that you guys were wondering what the temp stands look like with the scoreboard in the middle. Well here's a shot near the scoreboard from the top of the temp seats...Also temp capacity is 3000 fans.. I think personally if you build a foundation and put permanent seats in. The scoreboard can sit on the top of the structure with some more seats in front of the scoreboard for a capacity of 5000 more seats.. and this would only cost about 6-12 million...maybe less...It's a great option...

_LLP6231.jpg

Reaction Score
My guess for the reason they're up this week would be the bye week gave them extra time to set up. They look to be much nicer seats than my seats in the section in front of them.

Reaction Score
I saw that you guys were wondering what the temp stands look like with the scoreboard in the middle. Well here's a shot near the scoreboard from the top of the temp seats...Also temp capacity is 3000 fans.. I think personally if you build a foundation and put permanent seats in. The scoreboard can sit on the top of the structure with some more seats in front of the scoreboard for a capacity of 5000 more seats.. and this would only cost about 6-12 million...maybe less...It's a great option...

View attachment 3713

Would they go this route when they already have the blueprints for a buildout to 55,000? I'm assuming this end of the stadium will remain untouched until the need for the big buildout to 55,000.

Reaction Score
It's a better route to go than spend 25-50 million for a 15000 seat expansion.. Also was told that the seats would be available this saturday...Things could change though I guess...

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
It's a better route to go than spend 25-50 million for a 15000 seat expansion.. Also was told that the seats would be available this saturday...Things could change though I guess...

Yes, this would be my thought as well. A $2 million 5000 seat expansion may just be more feasible than a $10-20 million dollar 15K expansion. If demand grow, it will also be 10 years before enough seats are sold to demand 15K more, while demand for another 4-5k could happen much sooner. Given that this state only seems to look at the now, rather than what could be, the 5k expansion would be a lot more likely to actually happen.

An upper deck on the side is a pipe dream at this point.

Reaction Score
Agree Jax. Also you can get a sponsor and feature them as the blank end zone almost similar to what dunkin donuts does at fenway, but on a much larger scale. I'm actually contacting prospective sponsors to gauge interest and then go to the state or UConn and get this done..If the UConn marketing dept doesn't think of these things. I think some of us should flood this forum with ideas, because I know people at UConn look at this website...It might sound far fetch but I do believe if we start a large grass roots campaign on this board. We will prevail.....and that enthusiasm we be contagious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom