The rest of the season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The rest of the season

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What do you mean "tearing a bunch of stuff"? I thought the report said it was a second degree shoulder separation.
From today's UConn Daily:
Jim Mora said Carter underwent an MRI and has a Grade II or Grade III shoulder separation, which, as Dr. Google tells us, is a "complete separation of the joint. The acromioclavicular ligament, the coracoclavicular ligaments and the capsule surrounding the joint are torn."

Reaction Score
I know it has been a rough start to the season and we have one more difficult game on the road versus NC State and likely another one with Fresno State at home. After that we have winnable games with UMass, Ball State, FIU and possibly Army. If we can finish the season with 3-5 victories we should be in good shape recruiting wise going into the off-season, along with the transfer portal. There is likely to be considerable roster turnover after the season is over and if we can put 3-5 victories together we should do fairly well with the transfer portal again. We started the season with a decent starting 11 on each side of the ball. With the injuries mounting our lack of depth is starting to show. Once we get through NC state the rest of the games in the schedule should be much more manageable. Looking forward to seeing improvement.

Reaction Score
I know it has been a rough start to the season and we have one more difficult game on the road versus NC State and likely another one with Fresno State at home. After that we have winnable games with UMass, Ball State, FIU and possibly Army. If we can finish the season with 3-5 victories we should be in good shape recruiting wise going into the off-season, along with the transfer portal. There is likely to be considerable roster turnover after the season is over and if we can put 3-5 victories together we should do fairly well with the transfer portal again. We started the season with a decent starting 11 on each side of the ball. With the injuries mounting our lack of depth is starting to show. Once we get through NC state the rest of the games in the schedule should be much more manageable. Looking forward to seeing improvement.
Every remaining game is difficult,
let’s be serious. I would imagine we won’t be favored in any of those games. If anyone is thinking bowl eligibility or even getting to 4 or 5 total wins then I am afraid you should prepare to be disappointed. BTW, nothing would make me happier than being wrong on this.

Reaction Score
Is Prince Samuels on the roster > He is a 6'5'' big wide receiver from Windsor. I thought he might be able to help with the passing game but have not heard anything about him since he signed.

Reaction Score
Is Prince Samuels on the roster > He is a 6'5'' big wide receiver from Windsor. I thought he might be able to help with the passing game but have not heard anything about him since he signed.
Was listed as a LB on signing day. Isn’t on the website roster but is listed at LB #57 in the game notes for this week.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Was listed as a LB on signing day. Isn’t on the website roster but is listed at LB #57 in the game notes for this week.
Used to have a direct roster link, but it's now a 404 error.

Reaction Score
the roster looks a bit messy anyways... They now have Brinson wearing #20 with Cam Edwards wearing #25, which is impossible considering we'd then have 2 RBs wearing that # (Houston already has it)... The folks keeping track of the roster on the school site aren't holding up too good ( JM's words not mine... He said whomever touches this program in any way takes on a level of responsibility... If you deviate you're part of the problem... )

Reaction Score
The available players today and potentially for the rest of the season are far different from what was expected during the Summer. You have to factor that into the equation. If we get to 3-9 and see progress with the cultural improvement, I think a reasonable minded person would have to believe that it was a successful season. Not what we hoped for but successful. Maybe even 2-10 would be satisfactory depending on the availability of personnel? No one should be happy about 2 wins but given the schedule and the injuries if the team closes out the year with competitive, close losses at least that shows heart and character. Again, depends on who we have to play those games especially on the offensive side of the ball.
Well, no offense, but please speak for yourself. I think we all knew UConn would be thin on quality and that football at this level is a game of attrition. If we all didn't, we all should have known. So that is why the analysts among us were saying 3 wins would be a helluvan accomplishment. Two wins might be more probable than three, and 1-11 would still be in play. Four wins would be a spectacular achievement. Remember, UConn lost its two best players from a 1-11 team.

Agree with the rest of your post though. On the money.

Reaction Score
Well, no offense, but please speak for yourself. I think we all knew UConn would be thin on quality and that football at this level is a game of attrition. If we all didn't, we all should have known. So that is why the analysts among us were saying 3 wins would be a helluvan accomplishment. Two wins might be more probable than three, and 1-11 would still be in play. Four wins would be a spectacular achievement. Remember, UConn lost its two best players from a 1-11 team.

Agree with the rest of your post though. On the money.
I was and am in your camp, I was responding to uconntailgater’s post. Wins or lack thereof aside, personally I hope we are able to keep Jim Mora. I feel much more optimistic with him then when we rehired HCRE which looking back, I admit I was bullish on that move.

Reaction Score
This is just a brutal stretch of games. As I said elsewhere I m not sure anyone expected it to be quite this tough when they put it together. Syracuse has been better than this rarely in the past decade. NC State is typically mid tier ACC. So it has been brutal. Next year is far more balanced. I think there are a Couple of possible wins out there but I dont know if we have the ability to take them with all the injuries. And I also wonder if this team will just fall back into a pattern of here we go again.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this team will just fall back into a pattern of here we go again.
We’ll find out a lot about this team tomorrow night. NC St knows all about our injuries—and 59-0. Human nature will have them on auto pilot with Clemson coming next week. My expectation is that Mora and our coaches will step up, and the players, especially those filling in, will sustain a maximum effort. I’m looking for Zion to take the field with greater confidence and less hesitancy than he’s displayed—and our D to make some stops on third down. NC St will get a much better version of the Huskies than Michigan did.

Reaction Score
This is just a brutal stretch of games. As I said elsewhere I m not sure anyone expected it to be quite this tough when they put it together. Syracuse has been better than this rarely in the past decade. NC State is typically mid tier ACC. So it has been brutal. Next year is far more balanced. I think there are a Couple of possible wins out there but I dont know if we have the ability to take them with all the injuries. And I also wonder if this team will just fall back into a pattern of here we go again.
Yup, I remember the last NCST game at the Rent. Close game.

I do not get the impression that this team will give up. I sense a lot more fight than in the past. The schedule is what it is based on the premise that UConn would be playing at a high level by now back when the schedule was put together. So, we look upon this game as a learning opportunity.

Reaction Score
We’ll find out a lot about this team tomorrow night. NC St knows all about our injuries—and 59-0. Human nature will have them on auto pilot with Clemson coming next week. My expectation is that Mora and our coaches will step up, and the players, especially those filling in, will sustain a maximum effort. I’m looking for Zion to take the field with greater confidence and less hesitancy than he’s displayed—and our D to make some stops on third down. NC St will get a much better version of the Huskies than Michigan did.
I am always hopeful, as you always are, but my vibe is that we are going to be seriously overmatched again. I see glimpses in ZT, but not enough to think he will take a quantum leap forward this week. I hope I am wrong.

Reaction Score
I see glimpses in ZT, but not enough to think he will take a quantum leap forward this week. I hope I am wrong.
I’m not sure if this is fair to ask of a freshman QB trying to lead us out of the wilderness, but betond the X’s and O’s of the position, what I find missing with Zion is the look and feel of a confident, enthusiastic leader. I’d love to see him take the field with a bounce to his step, gather the team around him with a “let’s go” attitude— and if forced to run, run with a purpose before sliding. The team could use a lift from its QB. Perhaps with more experience (and hopefully as soon as tomorrow night) he’ll have a chance to provide it.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I’m not sure if this is fair to ask of a freshman QB trying to lead us out of the wilderness, but betond the X’s and O’s of the position, what I find missing with Zion is the look and feel of a confident, enthusiastic leader. I’d love to see him take the field with a bounce to his step, gather the team around him with a “let’s go” attitude— and if forced to run, run with a purpose before sliding. The team could use a lift from its QB. Perhaps with more experience (and hopefully as soon as tomorrow night) he’ll have a chance to provide it.
I hope you're right....and I can't help thinking he was directed to slide and not get hit, given the absence of healthy backups. With Tyler Phommachanh likely ready to go, and Brayden in the wings, maybe he'll get the green light to be aggressive tomorrow and just let it fly.

Reaction Score
This could be the first game this year that UConn has had four QB's available, right? ZT, CM, Puma, and BZ? Gotta think BZ is a couple games at least from seeing the field. Puma might get two or three snaps if indeed he is ready as the rumor states. CM might get a whole series however far that might take him. If something goes well, maybe another. But ZT is the man and will start. Is that the state of play in the QB room? Have I overstated CM's potential to get PT?

Reaction Score
Apparently we need to strive to be like Maryland. They are winning at Michigan in 2nd quarter

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Our remaining opponents:
Fresno State (1-2)
FIU (1-2)
Ball State (1-3)
BC (1-3)
UMass (1-3)
Liberty (3-1)
Army (1-2)

A lot of winnable games left. BC fans are contemplating if they are going to lose to us right now. I don't think we should assume an automatic L against Fresno. You never know what can happen.

Reaction Score
Of the 5 games played so far, three opponents are on this list. Yes, the performance thus far has been very disappointing, but the schedule has been insanely challenging.

Still a lot of time to find progress this season.

Reaction Score
Our remaining opponents:
Fresno State (1-2)
FIU (1-2)
Ball State (1-3)
BC (1-3)
UMass (1-3)
Liberty (3-1)
Army (1-2)

A lot of winnable games left. BC fans are contemplating if they are going to lose to us right now. I don't think we should assume an automatic L against Fresno. You never know what can happen.

Given how anemic our offense is, and that Carter’s return looks ever so questionable, I eoujd say that you shouldn’t get your hopes up.

Reaction Score
A lot of winnable games left. BC fans are contemplating if they are going to lose to us right now.
If inflicted upon BC, an ultimate indignity devoutly to be hoped for by the Husky Faithful. We might even organize a parade. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom